Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

whose wip is this???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At :20 he is moving,. Typical stang driver, doing 100mph runs on residential side street lol
Old 01-31-2012, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm more interested in the 8.8 thats under that car. Can't wait to do burnouts like that
Old 02-01-2012, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadzilla
At :20 he is moving,. Typical stang driver, doing 100mph runs on residential side street lol
agreed. he probably also hates all other car guys/car except for mustang owners/mustangs.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have always loved those cobras. So quick, so easily, just could never over come the interior. Now like wcryan i just lick my chops for the rear.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Launching!

The argument presented is:

- a 122 vs. a Kenne Bell -
- 3600 lbs. vs. 3900 lbs. -
- a car that has a/c - a car that has a/c that can blow on your face and your feet at the same time
- full size spare won't fit in the trunk vs. a portable vacation space for a family of four

My V is a solid match for all the cobra's I've come in contact with - And that's on the MP112. The only thing I envy is their launch, but I plan on remedying that with some new shoes in April.

Cobras don't impress me anymore... I'm waiting on the new mustangs to drive them down to reasonable prices then they'll be the fox body of the next generation.

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
I have always loved those cobras. So quick, so easily, just could never over come the interior. Now like wcryan i just lick my chops for the rear.
I like the mustang interior... the rattles at 45 mph really remind you how luck you are to be alive.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Launching!

Don’t want to get in the middle of the Ford / GM debate. So, on a slightly different note, the Fords have a very unique sound to them. I owned a 5.0 Mustang for about 18 years, and to this day I can still tell when a Mustang is coming. I can hear the difference in the exhaust note in the video’s.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by greddy91
The argument presented is:

- a 122 vs. a Kenne Bell -
- 3600 lbs. vs. 3900 lbs. -
- a car that has a/c - a car that has a/c that can blow on your face and your feet at the same time
- full size spare won't fit in the trunk vs. a portable vacation space for a family of four

My V is a solid match for all the cobra's I've come in contact with - And that's on the MP112. The only thing I envy is their launch, but I plan on remedying that with some new shoes in April.

Cobras don't impress me anymore... I'm waiting on the new mustangs to drive them down to reasonable prices then they'll be the fox body of the next generation.

I like the mustang interior... the rattles at 45 mph really remind you how luck you are to be alive.
I think you're taking this a tad further than I was intending, but I got a buddy whos running a KB Cobra and even with a maggie their isnt a chance for a solid match up. Not sure what kinda Cobra's you're running.

Im not saying Cobra>CtsV. I wouldnt trade my car for much other than a newer V2, I'm just stating that I think the posted 122 car sounds like a dying cat, Especially when they're most likely a 12 second, mid 120 mph car.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by greddy91
The argument presented is: - a 122 vs. a Kenne Bell - - 3600 lbs. vs. 3900 lbs. - - a car that has a/c - a car that has a/c that can blow on your face and your feet at the same time - full size spare won't fit in the trunk vs. a portable vacation space for a family of four My V is a solid match for all the cobra's I've come in contact with - And that's on the MP112. The only thing I envy is their launch, but I plan on remedying that with some new shoes in April. Cobras don't impress me anymore... I'm waiting on the new mustangs to drive them down to reasonable prices then they'll be the fox body of the next generation. I like the mustang interior... the rattles at 45 mph really remind you how luck you are to be alive.
OMFG. Might sig that lol
Old 02-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
I think you're taking this a tad further than I was intending, but I got a buddy whos running a KB Cobra and even with a maggie their isnt a chance for a solid match up. Not sure what kinda Cobra's you're running.

Im not saying Cobra>CtsV. I wouldnt trade my car for much other than a newer V2, I'm just stating that I think the posted 122 car sounds like a dying cat, Especially when they're most likely a 12 second, mid 120 mph car.
Must confess - I'm not running Cobra's with KBs on them. Attempting to put it in to perspective though... 4.6 vs. 5.7 - 300 lbs. weight difference - same blower - generally same bolt ons - The V should be eating them alive consistently. Move to a TVS should be conversation for the KB as well.

But - really they both just whine from the front via the intake tubes and spit out whatever muffler noise you choose from the rear.

I own an 02 GT and the 05 V - in all honesty they're both poorly designed usual American slugs in most aspects.

My 05 walks the 427 Z06 on a 50+mph roll, walks the V coupe from that same roll... and from every angle I've heard it; it sounds amazing.

I think we're arguing for the same side from two different angles.

Quick Reply: whose wip is this???