Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Liquid-intercooled procharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98cobra
You guys are overthinking this. You can get a gto kit to work, or a c6 setup to fit. Why bother with any of these one off setups when those kits are all over the place.
If you look at the guy that did the write up on the GTO kit he explains that it is very easily over $6k in parts and you have to be very mechanically inclined to install it as there is a LOT of modding.

I don't know about getting the C6 (c5?) kit to fit. From rough measurments it looks like you won't have room for the intake without swapping and moving the radiator. The one posted is not a viable option for a DD. That has no filter and the intake is right behind the grill. You can't drive it in the rain and if you get any debris or thick dust in there (likely with that placement) it could shatter your impeller and break the supercharger and possibly send pieces of metal into your motor. I'm still excited to see if you can make that work with a filter, but I'm looking at other avenues.

Any procharger kit on our cars is a 1-off kit basically so I'm not sure what you are saying there. If I get the bracket made I could do an unintercooled kit VERY cheap. You wouldn't want to run a lot of boost unless you want to rely on meth (which I probably would), but on a stock motor you can't run much more anyway. I may still be pursuing the unintercooled kit because it SHOULD be by far the simplest and cheapest kit. I think you should do yours as well if you think you can.

This isn't the first time I've been in the process of fabbing a blower setup. I used to have a 96 cobra and judging by your name you know about the KB setup on that car. I was developing an intercooler for that setup and I was pretty far into it. I had an intercooler core and the intake was in the works. I basically just needed to take everything in to get welded. Then i got a new job, bought a H/C Z06 and sold the car

Point is I love this stuff and making a custom setup
Old 02-09-2012, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

If I do this setup would I need a standard or reverse rotation blower? Looking at getting a used one to try and fab a bracket.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Reverse rotation, you might as well get the gto bracket if you are putting it on that side. You would have a dedicated 8 rib belt for the blower then
Old 02-09-2012, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98cobra
Reverse rotation, you might as well get the gto bracket if you are putting it on that side. You would have a dedicated 8 rib belt for the blower then
Thanks for the info, I'll justify it later lol.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:22 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Took a look at the CF thread....460 rwhp out of a Procharger starting at $7700? Hope these guys are not in business anymore, that's pretty pathetic. Another idea, you could get the small bore L92 heads and an F-body KB twin screw. Have not heard of any KB's on a V yet, there are a couple of Wipple's, but no KB's.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DMM
Took a look at the CF thread....460 rwhp out of a Procharger starting at $7700? Hope these guys are not in business anymore, that's pretty pathetic. Another idea, you could get the small bore L92 heads and an F-body KB twin screw. Have not heard of any KB's on a V yet, there are a couple of Wipple's, but no KB's.
Yeah they went out of business like 6 years ago. It was so expensive because it was in '04. At the time there were no other kits out there so they tried to rape everyone. KB would be cool, but this is all about keeping it cheap and PRETTY sure that's not cheap lol.

BTW, just spoke to my fabricator and this is going to happen. I'm starting to look around for a blower. Haven't decided if I'm going to buy a new or used one. There will definitely be a thread for it and if it works out hopefully I can get him to make some extra brackets and I can sell those to anyone else who wants to do it.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read that thread over on CF and some of those people are those most mechanically idiotic people i have ever seen on a forum. Honestly they are no different the other people who buy expensive cars and have no idea how any of it works.

We honestly could thank them for the **** poor f/i market we have today with our vehicle. The one guy mentioning Chuck Mallet... haha.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
I read that thread over on CF and some of those people are those most mechanically idiotic people i have ever seen on a forum. Honestly they are no different the other people who buy expensive cars and have no idea how any of it works.

We honestly could thank them for the **** poor f/i market we have today with our vehicle. The one guy mentioning Chuck Mallet... haha.
I thought the same thing. Lol. Funniest part to me is he says "hey I got this supercharger kit" and they're like " well yeah but what did you do about the rear end?" wtf, since when do people that make blower kits have to forge the whole car? And with the motor, I know it's a new car, but the basic motor had been around for years!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

its just a bunch of people with money to buy a vehicle, and not enough time to care how it works. or vehicles work in general.

Its funny how they always claim audi/mb/bmw owners act like that but our previous owners are worse since they never put the cash up for any of the things they tossed around back then. At least those other guys buy parts and push the envelopes.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:11 AM
TECH Resident

theres a few guys on thier like naf, and a few other ones that had a bunch of parts made for our cars but in general i agree with you
Old 02-10-2012, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

I put a gto kit in the v.the only hard parts is making a bracket for the p/s pump
Old 02-10-2012, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cts-vls6
I put a gto kit in the v.the only hard parts is making a bracket for the p/s pump
What did YOU do about the intake? I know there are some options, it's just really hard to fit something in there.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Call Jason over at Monster clutch. My V is there now for the tranny, and while we were talking about my car he said something about he is looking to build a kit for the V1.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Head unit bought, Now we'll see if this is actually gonna work
Old 02-20-2012, 05:01 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Old 02-20-2012, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Now that this is serious I really need to know what supporting mods I will need to run 6-7 lbs.

Fuel pump?
Injectors?
MAF?

Help please
Old 02-20-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

congrats!
you have already seen this site right: this can answer alot of the little questions.. pretty sure he is using 103maf, 60lbs injectors and Boostapump.. but hit up ctsv154 or ichpen for what they are using as far as fuel pumps for the tvs2300.. there is a thread on cadi forums about the stock bucket and pump having a restriction. it some where in the performance section.

http://www.trafficjams.ca/Performance/Procharger.htm

this is ctsvmapper's procharger build.. check the FC1 procharge build on the cadi forums by spdracer77 something like that
Old 02-20-2012, 10:07 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

6-7 PSI is not too much at all...I would go with 60lb injectors, keep the OE fuel pump and add an external inline boost pump like a Walboro 255 (mounted where the fuel filter is instead of screwing with boosting the pump voltage, cheaper, more reliable, and much easier to install), and leave everything else OE. If you get up to or over 10lbs you will probably want to go speed density (2 BAR SD) with the tune, but otherwise, you're fine with the factory hybrid MAF OS.

*****MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD TUNER*****
Old 02-20-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ZONick
Now that this is serious I really need to know what supporting mods I will need to run 6-7 lbs.

Fuel pump?
Injectors?
MAF?

Help please
6-7lbs is pretty conservative, you'll want more eventually.

But, for your 6-7lb goals, If you don't wan't to drop the tank just wire up a boost a pump, add 60lb injectors and call it a day. BAP's only increase the voltage when you come into boost, so 95% of the time the fuel pump is running just like stock, which is nice because you don't heat the fuel or have the excess voltage of a second pump when not needed.

I think BAP's get a bad rap from people who don't ground them properly.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

Guys I have a problem. I got the blower all mounted up and I don't feel a difference at all. What could it be? bad tune? Should I pull the belt tighter?

haha, jk. Got the blower. it will still be a little while cuz I have to save money for the rest of the parts, but this is a start.

Quick Reply: Liquid-intercooled procharger