Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Sold The V, Now It's Replacement!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very sick. Smart move buying it built. That'll probably be my next type of purchase.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i was talking to my buddy today and i said after my back surgery imgoing to just buy something all readybuilt, building a car cost alot of money and by the time you wanna sell it you wont even get half of what you have into it back, i will just buy a camaro that someone put over 25 grand in it and buy it for 15,17. yeah cant wait for vids man, im sure that thing is beyond sick
Old 02-19-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Very sick. Smart move buying it built. That'll probably be my next type of purchase.
For what I paid for the car, I paid about what all the mods on the car cost and got the car for free. How shitty is that! I told myself this time Im buying built the way I want already cause Im tired of getting bent over when its time to sell. My main thing was making sure the car I bought was built by reputable shops not 5 friends with a 30 pack. I tracked down the owner that did all the work and got all the details.

Im just waiting for the guys to give me a hard time for not doign it myself, ive been there done that, and if they wanna spend the money to buy it all so they can say they did it, go for it lol
Old 02-19-2012, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here are a few more pictures. The owner I bought it from said it perfectly and it fit for when I watched the V drive away.

"I've never seen the car looks so good as when you drove it away"

I laughed my *** off when he told me that the next day cause it was the same way I felt.
Attached Thumbnails Sold The V, Now It's Replacement!-cobra-11.jpg   Sold The V, Now It's Replacement!-cobra-12.jpg   Sold The V, Now It's Replacement!-cobra-13.jpg   Sold The V, Now It's Replacement!-cobra-14.jpg   Sold The V, Now It's Replacement!-cobra-15.jpg  

Old 02-19-2012, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Love the 03-04 cobras!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 02:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had almost the same car before the v. Silver 10th anniversary coupe. Whippled instead of Turbo. I have thought about posting the v for trade on svtp. I have seen a few guys with termis looking for a v1. Just don't like the crudeness of the platform and interior ergos are beyond fucked.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by big reg
I had almost the same car before the v. Silver 10th anniversary coupe. Whipple's instead of Turbo. I have thought about posting the v for trade on svtp. I have seen a few guys with termis looking for a v1. Just don't like the crudeness of the platform and interior ergos are beyond fucked.
Yea I spoke with one guy who traded his 05 V for a 03 cobra he said there were a few guys who wanted his car. I couldnt be happier at this point its exactly what I wanted. Its at the other end of the spectrum then the V. I wanted raw power and stupid fast and I got it. Not too worried about heated seats and crap for a weekend driver. Not to mention in general the interior wasnt all that much better then this car lol. Antique GPS sucked!
Old 02-20-2012, 04:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itsslow98
For what I paid for the car, I paid about what all the mods on the car cost and got the car for free. How shitty is that! I told myself this time Im buying built the way I want already cause Im tired of getting bent over when its time to sell. My main thing was making sure the car I bought was built by reputable shops not 5 friends with a 30 pack. I tracked down the owner that did all the work and got all the details.l
That's how I bought my V just this week LOL... Same philosophy as you...

The guy spent $23k in the last 5 months and I got a beast, I too tracked old build threads, called the shop that built it, talked to people in the area where the car was built, and had the car checked out by a second shop without a vested interest that everything was like it should be... I got very lucky with a 418 ls3, built trans, and gforce 9", and so much more... I should be able to beat the hell out of the thing if I want, although I'm not real hard cars, I like to know I can when I want to be...

Congrats on your purchase
Old 02-20-2012, 06:12 AM
TECH Regular

Congrats! Great looking ride. When I watched my 04 Mystic drive away back in 2007, I was crushed. I thought I was prepared to sell it, but when it drove a away, it hit me like a rock. I should have never sold it.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Captain Double Post

Im just waiting for the guys to give me a hard time for not doign it myself, ive been there done that, and if they wanna spend the money to buy it all so they can say they did it, go for it lol
this is so true, im really sick of just throwing money away, you can pick up a fully built car really cheap these days, killer car man, and i agree every car i ever sold when it drove off it brought tears to my eyeslol
Old 02-20-2012, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

Congrats! My 03 Sonic Blue was very special to me as well...Those were good years.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

sooooo if you are ready i got a few guys who think itll be a good race between yall. a whipple cobra, and a mach 1 cammed with a keen and bell mammoth down here in the south. if anytime you are heading to MIR im pretty sure they will wanna line up with u.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My friends dads coworkers ex wife's son has a kid he knows who wants to line up with him, so they're gonna have to get in line.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RADEoN
My friends dads coworkers ex wife's son has a kid he knows who wants to line up with him, so they're gonna have to get in line.
lol deal.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by babrown18
sooooo if you are ready i got a few guys who think itll be a good race between yall. a whipple cobra, and a mach 1 cammed with a keen and bell mammoth down here in the south. if anytime you are heading to MIR im pretty sure they will wanna line up with u.
Meth is going on next week, and I have to pull the transmission cause the clutch wasnt put in right. I doubt ill make it down to MIR though I usually go to cecil since its so much closer. I need a lot of practice with the car too lol.
Originally Posted by RADEoN
If its a civic im down.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by babrown18
lol deal.
Lol, That **** was funny though.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

Well worth it IMO have fun with that beast dude.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by itsslow98
For what I paid for the car, I paid about what all the mods on the car cost and got the car for free. How shitty is that! I told myself this time Im buying built the way I want already cause Im tired of getting bent over when its time to sell. My main thing was making sure the car I bought was built by reputable shops not 5 friends with a 30 pack. I tracked down the owner that did all the work and got all the details.

You definitely did it the right way to save a **** ton of money. If it was done by a qualified shop, you shouldn't have any trouble with that package. I would have expected a bit more power with that combo though, especially through the T56. Might just need a little fine tuning. Got a high boost/race gas tune for it?

Congrats, baddass ride.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

Those BBS are SEX! Pretty rare too. Anyway that is a nice looking Terminator.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

So have you had this beast at the track yet since its been in the 70's...

Quick Reply: Sold The V, Now It's Replacement!