Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Install Price Maggie/Cam

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayBirdWs6
Yeah already have headers

I want to install the maggie myself but dont have all the required tools listed on the instructions and it would only be me doing the install. Don't both cam and maggie installs require you to remove the radiator and the crank bolt.
True, both require removal of the radiator and crank bolt so technically the maggie and cam at the same time should be less time/labor than the two individually.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

OP, what the shop as told you is about average. When I was thinking about going F/I, I talked to my shop and they said it would cost me about $10k to get what I wanted done. That was a Maggie, Blower Cam Kit, and upgraded Heat exchanger, all installed. Best bet is to just call around your area, and try and get the best deal. Or just do like other have said, install it yourself (if you have the time) and save the $$$.

GL with your route.

Originally Posted by kl2onik
good luck finding someone who knows what they are doing to only charge 500 for a cam install. Its an easy 10hr labor
hahaha...sounds like this guy got ripped.

every shop great shop i have ever stepped foot in have a cam kit package.

SNL/Monster Clutch's cam kits run about ~$1200-~$1300. This, like most shops, will include Costom Grind Cam, Push rods, springs, and install.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
OP, what the shop as told you is about average. When I was thinking about going F/I, I talked to my shop and they said it would cost me about $10k to get what I wanted done. That was a Maggie, Blower Cam Kit, and upgraded Heat exchanger, all installed. Best bet is to just call around your area, and try and get the best deal. Or just do like other have said, install it yourself (if you have the time) and save the $$$.

GL with your route.

hahaha...sounds like this guy got ripped.

every shop great shop i have ever stepped foot in have a cam kit package.

SNL/Monster Clutch's cam kits run about ~$1200-~$1300. This, like most shops, will include Costom Grind Cam, Push rods, springs, and install.
"Cam kits" for 1300? Parts, labor and tune? How are those shops even makinging a profit? Full good grade valve train kit is close to that in just part costs! I can't see it
Old 09-28-2015, 07:35 AM
Staging Lane

I got quoted by two shops who know their ways around LS based motors to install a cam kit:

Cam
pushrods
vlave springs
seals
oil pump
cam chain and tensioner
tune

$2500

The other shop....$3000

for parts and labor....too much for just a cam kit.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You need to see if its a down-loaded/mail order tune or if its a dyno tune. Mail order will get you close but you'll need a dyno tune to realize the full potential of the setup.

If they're just doing a down-loaded/mail order tune, that may be costing them no more than $100, maybe nothing if they already have it on file. A dyno tune is typically going for $500 around here.

If it were mine, I'd go ahead and get a new water pump, belts, hoses and idlers while they're in there.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
"Cam kits" for 1300? Parts, labor and tune? How are those shops even makinging a profit? Full good grade valve train kit is close to that in just part costs! I can't see it
$1300 would cover parts......and you brought back a 3yr old thread back from the dead haha
Old 09-29-2015, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsslow98
$1300 would cover parts......and you brought back a 3yr old thread back from the dead haha
Damn hell yeah I did... I just happened to see this last night on my thread feed.. How or why is beyond me.. Didnt even notice the date of it.. I wasn't even searching threads either..that's weird

Quick Reply: Install Price Maggie/Cam