Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Ocean City MD Hot Rod Weekend Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
A couple of the AMS(gaithersburg not Chicago) Evos will be there...
I know AMS pretty well. Corey is cool people. As is Adam. Forgett heir tuners name. Was going to have them tune the subaru at one point.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, was with Corey a couple weekends ago at a cars and coffee meet somewhere in VA. I ran one STi they tuned a few years back and it was no match...lol. Andrewtech did all my work and Jermaine from Turbo XS tuned my monsters...lol. If they weren't open on saturdays i would ask Corey to bring the R33 up there.

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
I know AMS pretty well. Corey is cool people. As is Adam. Forgett heir tuners name. Was going to have them tune the subaru at one point.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:56 AM

All white and sexy *** R33...

If it was saturday morning it was falls church. Forget where the one on sundays is.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds about right... Falls Church. Need to make it to the big one in VA... I think its by Tyson's Corner or... No... Great Falls??? Went there with the STi a couple times.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:18 AM

Thats it. saturday is Great falls. Sunday is falls church.

Great falls is pretty insane for what you get to see. Regular F40 and 458.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Smile OC meet

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Hate to admit it Greg O., but you have NOTHING for those supras. I know im outpowered as well so im not talking ****.
I am talking stock....unless one puts boost and juice the Jap Crap is still Crap when it comes to a drag race...Hell some of those cars are going 7's! but one can make anything go fast for $$$$$$....I would rather have a STOCK big or small block Camaro from the factory and go 10's with an AMERICAN car...Try to go 10's in a stock Jap car...makes me wanna LMAOPlus most of the younger generation don't even know that their Evo and Supra's are made by Mitsubishi the same Co. that made the Jap Zero's that killed 10's of thousands of our troops in WWII. I am old school and old, so i know i look at Jap cars differently....I wish i did not have this prejudice but when i think of Japenese vehicles, Pearl Harbor comes to mind, and sets me off Anyway, anyone who has a stock Evo or Stock Supra bring it down to OC..and get your red zero hari-kari doors blown off by a stock American made car... Hell, like i said, enough $$$$$$$$ one can make even a street Ford go 7's Anyway, i need to chill, i know....So back to the original thread. Who is all going to OC and where can we meet up..Hooters or Secrets would be cool....see u'all.....GREG O.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:46 AM

Greg. Stock AUTOMATIC Supra. http://www.dragtimes.com/Toyota-Supr...slip-7933.html

The manuals are slightly quicker.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html

Stock 05 CTS-V is 13.1. a .2 second difference and they can make a LOT more HP for a LOT less money. Tune with more boost and fuel and done.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:51 AM

Better yet let me know when any other maker can get 1200hp out of a 2.3liter engine?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bmX5vx01Q4

Im sorry I dont hate on anything that is proper. And Evos/Supras and some subarus(before they go boom) can be VERY VERY fsat and streetable.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg. Stock AUTOMATIC Supra. http://www.dragtimes.com/Toyota-Supr...slip-7933.html

Stock 05 CTS-V is 13.1. a .2 second difference and they can make a LOT more HP for a LOT less money. Tune with more boost and fuel and done

That's my point...A heavy stock American made station wagon Cadillac V made in USA goes 12.49 that's a family car....One can not compare a stock Jap "Muscle' car ha ha,to a GM stock Muscle car....Supra is NOT in the same class as a Cadillac CTSV...It's a sport's car so they advertize...A CTSV is a Luxury Sedan.....Jap Crap sucks....plus these Jap pieces of crap try to go fast turning 30+lbs. of boost with the bottle and they blow up..It happens all the time at the track...Whenever a track employee in the tower see's one of these cars stage they just cross their fingers, kneel down and pray that they don't go boom and spill their fluids all over the track and ruin it for everyone else.....These little pieces of **** ruin it for everyone else when the track shuts down for an hr. and some go home without even making a pass....plus aren't the EVO's 2.0L... now back to the thread by itssoslow...Who is going to OC???????
Old 05-10-2012, 10:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ill be there with my ls swapped turbocharged 89iroc

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...urbo+iroc+88mm
Old 05-10-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Turbocharged American muscle ftw!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 AM

^ agreed... i fyou can put the power down... Power slides are only fun when you do them on PURPOSE!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GREG O.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stock 05 CTS-V is 13.1. a .2 second difference and they can make a LOT more HP for a LOT less money. Tune with more boost and fuel and done

That's my point...A heavy stock American made station wagon Cadillac V made in USA goes 12.49 that's a family car....One can not compare a stock Jap "Muscle' car ha ha,to a GM stock Muscle car....Supra is NOT in the same class as a Cadillac CTSV...It's a sport's car so they advertize...A CTSV is a Luxury Sedan.....Jap Crap sucks....plus these Jap pieces of crap try to go fast turning 30+lbs. of boost with the bottle and they blow up..It happens all the time at the track...Whenever a track employee in the tower see's one of these cars stage they just cross their fingers, kneel down and pray that they don't go boom and spill their fluids all over the track and ruin it for everyone else.....These little pieces of **** ruin it for everyone else when the track shuts down for an hr. and some go home without even making a pass....plus aren't the EVO's 2.0L... now back to the thread by itssoslow...Who is going to OC???????
wanna set something up for $ in OC? serious, no games. a nice lil dig run.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by va mike
wanna set something up for $ in OC? serious, no games. a nice lil dig run.
he wont do it...he will break his tranny...again.

plus, as you can see by the retarded garage he spewed into this thread, he know nothing about respecting fast cars.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

He sounds pretty old and bitter to me... My grandfather was in Pearl Harbor and isn't as mad as he is...lol. Not worth arguing with someone who already has their mind made up... We will be up saturday morning with some Cobra's and what not... Hey slow whats the meet up spot for saturday? Secrets does sound good... as long as some one doesn't have a Normandy flashback on us out there...lol jus jokin Greg... i don't know you but you should calm down buddy, thats years ago and everyone else has let it go...
Old 05-10-2012, 02:27 PM

me and the local domestic forum are setting something up saturday or friday(deciding the day now) at Mackey's...
Old 05-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Staging Lane

where you at greg.o? i know you've been on here since this was posted....did ya get a lil shook at you bit off more than your could chew?

put your money where your mouth is
Old 05-11-2012, 04:08 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
Better yet let me know when any other maker can get 1200hp out of a 2.3liter engine?

Im sorry I dont hate on anything that is proper. And Evos/Supras and some subarus(before they go boom) can be VERY VERY fsat and streetable.
GM Performance got that out of a 2.0 Ecotech...just saying. Granted, nothing was stock on it...but i'm pretty sure nothing but maybe the block is stock on that thing. With the right turbo and tuning, you can get tons of power out of anything.

Also, I'll bet there is almost $60k in that motor. There are guys pulling 200k mile 5.3 motors ($75), slapping Ebay turbo's and Megasquirt on them, and making almost that kind of power (900+ whp).

Let's see who else can support 900-1000 whp on a FACTORY LONGBLOCK FOR THE SAME PRICE WITH EQUIVALENT PARTS!

Anyone can have a fast car made for them by spending a **** ton of money. How about a $2500 motor mod cap race? Any of you boys wanna go back to stock and have only $2500 to race with? Don't think so. If you do, i'm pretty sure there is a good 'ole boy in PA running 8.90's with a junkyard/ebay turbo 5.3 with about $3k in the entire car that wouldn't mind some extra pocket change.

BTW - Gotta love how every thread turns into a **** fight now...LOL
Old 05-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

most of the supras in OC are on the stock longblock and going 9s......one is knocking on 8s door with 117k miles on the original motor.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

you noticed that too...lol. Its gonna be a good time up there this year so lets have some fun, waste alot of gas, and look at chicks none of are takin home...lol

Originally Posted by DMM
GM Performance got that out of a 2.0 Ecotech...just saying. Granted, nothing was stock on it...but i'm pretty sure nothing but maybe the block is stock on that thing. With the right turbo and tuning, you can get tons of power out of anything.

Also, I'll bet there is almost $60k in that motor. There are guys pulling 200k mile 5.3 motors ($75), slapping Ebay turbo's and Megasquirt on them, and making almost that kind of power (900+ whp).

Let's see who else can support 900-1000 whp on a FACTORY LONGBLOCK FOR THE SAME PRICE WITH EQUIVALENT PARTS!

Anyone can have a fast car made for them by spending a **** ton of money. How about a $2500 motor mod cap race? Any of you boys wanna go back to stock and have only $2500 to race with? Don't think so. If you do, i'm pretty sure there is a good 'ole boy in PA running 8.90's with a junkyard/ebay turbo 5.3 with about $3k in the entire car that wouldn't mind some extra pocket change.

BTW - Gotta love how every thread turns into a **** fight now...LOL

Quick Reply: Ocean City MD Hot Rod Weekend Roll Call