Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

UPDATED - Extreme Composites Hood - Group Buy Opportunity

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by psychobillycaddy
and Im no bodywork person at all. Ill be paying a pro to do it right...when I find one in Houston
fitment looks real nice! looking forward to finished pics.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Fitment looks pretty solid. Do you have bigger versions of those pictures?
Those are just some quick snaps with my phone. Ill get the camera out tomorrow and get some better ones.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Veteran

So is today the last day? Hoping since I called today and left a voicemail they will still let me get in on it tomorrow. Had so much else going on I was procrastinating on this. Lol
Old 04-24-2012, 01:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Apparently, we have one case of a hood broken by FedEx when shipping to a location approximately 3 hours away from Extreme Composites. If you've received a hood, please chime in and let us know how your hood came in. For those of you who may be receiving a hood in the near future, be sure to carefully inspect it before signing anything.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Apparently, we have one case of a hood broken by FedEx when shipping to a location approximately 3 hours away from Extreme Composites. If you've received a hood, please chime in and let us know how your hood came in. For those of you who may be receiving a hood in the near future, be sure to carefully inspect it before signing anything.
Here is mine...I also went to a fedex freight facility for pickup...and yes it looked like a shthole warehouse. Had him open the box before I took it. Overal pretty happy except the vents need to be set in deeper cause they stick out. They should have made the supporting thin fiberglass piece lower into the hood so the vents clear the surface rather than stick out. Requires either to sand the vents to thin them out or cut the inner layer of the hood to set them in more. Also pertaining to the rest of the hoods even w/o vents ive noticed a sharp edge all along the very front of the hood where the metal moulding goes and to the sides of it above the lights. Overall pretty happy...Havent set it up to the car yet but will do that all this weekend. Should have it finished and on by end of next week. Sucks to hear someones hood got Fd up.
Attached Thumbnails UPDATED - Extreme Composites Hood - Group Buy Opportunity-dscn0724-1-.jpg   UPDATED - Extreme Composites Hood - Group Buy Opportunity-dscn0722-1-.jpg   UPDATED - Extreme Composites Hood - Group Buy Opportunity-dscn0723-1-.jpg   UPDATED - Extreme Composites Hood - Group Buy Opportunity-dscn0725-1-.jpg   UPDATED - Extreme Composites Hood - Group Buy Opportunity-dscn0721-1-.jpg  

Old 04-25-2012, 10:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like you have you to build up the area around the vents to get them to blend into the hood.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you just build around it, it would still be above the flat surface of the hood. Have to set it in deeper and then build around it. Gonna take it to a friends place today to see his thoughts since he is going to paint it anyway.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ITSAV
Here is what the hood looked like upon arrival...

had to clean this up a lot to even get the vent to be able to sit there properly

this was the piece that was damaged in shipping...they ended up fixing the whole front end of the hood, cause on one side it was this as could be, and shutting the hood once would have caused it to break

my shop was able to clean it up, but they wouldn't do it again, it had a lot of those little pin holes that you can see in fiberglass, that they needed to clean up as well, but they did.....here are the pics of it finished...its still has some swirls in the paint because you have to let the paint cure for 90 days, and these pics were before that point, after the 90 days, i brought the car back, and they cleaned it up

As it goes, I love the hood, and am glad that I did get it, to me it just adds a major tone of aggressiveness to the car and I get a lot of compliments about the hood as well
Old 04-26-2012, 11:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Got mine ordered!
Old 06-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

My hood has been in prep for a while now at my shop. Xclusv Autosports in staten island new york is where I take all of my cars of any type of custom work. Anyone in the area should check them out. Meticulous work, great pricing, and top notch customer service. Whether you have an exotic, daily driver, antique, show car...really anything -- they can do it.

The fitment was a little off and the vents needed to be molded in to look good. After countless hours of prep work to both the top side and underside of the hood it is ready for paint. I wanted the underside to look just as good at the topside. Here are some teaser pics.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

that looks pretty good. I'm kickin myself right now for not getting in on this
Old 06-17-2012, 10:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Got mine sittin the the garage awaiting install.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

denali mine should be getting painted this week as well, it also was finished being prepped this friday. Had a few setbacks and decided to set the vents in on pins as well as epoxy followed by dolphin glaze to look proper. Just hoping the hood actually fits my car as I never tried bolting it on when it came in as a raw piece before I started all the prep work. But looking at everyone elses pics the fitment looks fine so I am not too stressed.

PS just noticed that 11 x5m in your thread, hows that treating you I took one out for a ride a few months ago and must say I enjoyed it
Old 06-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Launching!

cant wait to see more of these hoods on everyones cars.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by kl2onik
denali mine should be getting painted this week as well, it also was finished being prepped this friday. Had a few setbacks and decided to set the vents in on pins as well as epoxy followed by dolphin glaze to look proper. Just hoping the hood actually fits my car as I never tried bolting it on when it came in as a raw piece before I started all the prep work. But looking at everyone elses pics the fitment looks fine so I am not too stressed.

PS just noticed that 11 x5m in your thread, hows that treating you I took one out for a ride a few months ago and must say I enjoyed it
thanks man. the x5m is hands down one of the best carts I've ever purchased. I love everything about it. The power and power delivery is incredible. the handling is awesome and theres room for stuff/people in the rear. all around great car. I have zero regrets with the car nor have I had any issues with it. Definitely one of my favorites I've bought. If I could change anything about it it would be the transmission. If it had the DCT trans from the e9X M3's its would be prefect. Love fit as my DD. I plan on doing downpipes tune and full exhaust for some more power. Its easy to get an extra 100 rwhp 100rwtq from those mods. Its already a beast so I can't imagine it after that work.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:03 AM
TECH Resident

Kinda wish I jumped on the wagon when this GB came around but I had other things to take care of.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Launching!

For those with the heat extractor version; where does the rain/car wash water drain?
Old 08-14-2012, 12:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ChitownLS1
For those with the heat extractor version; where does the rain/car wash water drain?
The CTS-V heat extractor hood is a Spectre Werks product. I think they went out of business.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Launching!

I am talking about the Extreme Composite hoods with the heat extracting vents.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DenaliXTC
My hood has been in prep for a while now at my shop. Xclusv Autosports in staten island new york is where I take all of my cars of any type of custom work. Anyone in the area should check them out. Meticulous work, great pricing, and top notch customer service. Whether you have an exotic, daily driver, antique, show car...really anything -- they can do it.

The fitment was a little off and the vents needed to be molded in to look good. After countless hours of prep work to both the top side and underside of the hood it is ready for paint. I wanted the underside to look just as good at the topside. Here are some teaser pics.
So $750 + shipping (aprox $1000 total) and you still have to spend countless hours prep (countless hours = $$$) to make it look ok?

I Need One of These!!

What a sweet deal!~

Quick Reply: UPDATED - Extreme Composites Hood - Group Buy Opportunity