Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Another exhaust thread.... Trying to decide what to run. Suggestions???

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly what I have other than the stock gutted muffler casings. My mufflers are removed completely. Sounds good but loud as hell when driving lol

Sounds just like yours but yours has a little more hollow sound im assuming from the echo in those empty cases. Sounds good though. Makes me wanna leave it alone now. lol

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 04-11-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not put your original mufflers back on and weld up some cut outs?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Dont have the stock muffs and even if i did, the big stock casings look ugly hanging down from under the bumper.

If anything, ill weld in some magnaflows or look for a deal on a B&B catback and then also get cutouts later.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Seems like everyone has magnaflows or corsa with kooks or pacesetter with the occasional obx or flowmasters. Nobody in my area that I know has the stainless works so I bit the bullet to test it out. Hopefully it works out at least sound wise. They come in tomorrow and I'll put them on this weekend and post up a sound clip or two either sun or mon
Old 04-16-2012, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

But honestly, if I didn't want to be different, I would've did the kooks and corsa with dmh cutouts. Can't go wrong with that setup
Old 04-16-2012, 05:52 PM
TECH Veteran

I've heard the stainless works system sounds good. I like the corsa but catless it sounds pretty raunchy. Lol
Old 04-16-2012, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 54inches
I just cut all of the exhaust off my car yesterday, re-welded and added an x-pipe.

Welding on flowmasters later this week.

I know most people don't like them, but I had them around and why not.....if you want to hear it let me know. No headers....
Originally Posted by BUKSING
Let's hear it!
Well, the flows were too big, so I ordered some 14" bullet mufflers to go in place of where the stock ones went.

I am trying to buy some slightly used SLP cats, so those will go on next.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
No offense taken, i cant say ive EVER seen another V in person with this setup. If you base your stats on what you see online good luck finding a combo that no ones done. Also, if you enjoy spending $800+ on a catback for zero HP gains then more power to ya. BTW from what I know, I was the very first person on this forum or cadillac forums to ever do that combo because everyone took the stock resonator out which already has a built in x inside of it.

I base my "stats" on the fact that every other V owner that I have read an exhaust thread about, here and at the other site, has deleted their mufflers and/or their resonator. Not that that is a bad thing, but if you should have an x-pipe in an exhaust system if at all possible. My opinion only.

I have only bought one catback in my life and it was for a Trailblazer LS for the wife and it was WAY worth it; stainless bolt in in 15 minutes for $300 NIB.

The stock resonator is nice, but a REAL xpipe flow better.

One of the PO of my V did a few things to the car, that were cheaply done at best, so now I am in the process of improving all of these quirks.

Fixed the cat, added the xpipe, cats, mufflers and it is sounding better each and every fix.

I have a knack for building very nice flowing and sounding exhaust, so as soon as I get it where I want it then I will post up a clip.

I doubt that will be until I get a cam though.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dang, I was going to say B&B (sounds the best) but they are impossible to find used.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah man... B&B is nice if u can get it for a good price. Just hard to justify spending that much money on a catback when our stock systems are stainless and an x-pipe and mufflers can be done for much less.

Quick Reply: Another exhaust thread.... Trying to decide what to run. Suggestions???