Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

supercharger help

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the Tvs style it will require no grinding
Old 05-09-2012, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Onefast V
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=71117603072

Same seller as this listing. Explain you have a mp112 for a ctsv and it uses a Tvs style hub and you would like a 2.6 in one.
That is awfully expensive compared to where I got mine. http://www.smoothflowpulleys.com/GTO_Index.html

That said I haven't gotten it yet and I ordered on the 26th. Of course It looks like a small outfit so I'm not to worried.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

Wow I wish I knew about them when I bought mine!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow I wish I knew about them when I bought mine!
Yeah much cheaper if I actually get it!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's the key

It actually showing up at your doorstep
Old 05-10-2012, 12:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He will have to pull fuel out when you do meth otherwise its gonna be very rich. Just an fyi. He can mess with the timign based on IATs but i dont think he can touch the fuel side based on IATs.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by wcryan
^ arent you going for bigger and better things?

What were the specs on ur cam again?
Ya I am. I'm just waiting for Callie's to get their **** straight and get my crank to me so I can get the new motor built and get it in the car.

The cam specs are a 234/242 .598/.621 112lsa. Pretty big and sucks now that it's just a cammed ls6. But worked great with the Maggie.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

234/242 .598/.621 112lsa

Thats an odd cam for a blower car. Definetly more suited for n/a or spray.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wcryan
I know there is only a few of you guys out there, but I have a couple things I wana do after I get these lifters replaced.

The last things I really wana do to my car are meth and a smaller pulley for the supercharger (MP112)

My tuner says he doesnt really tune for meth(not that he doesnt know how)BUT, He's gonna leave the tune how it already is, but tune the meth in a different "table" I guess. So if my system goes down, it will run how it did without the meth

My question is. What size pulley should I get for my supercharger?

And also, what is the factor for how much RWHP you will gain with each pound of boost?
With a 2.6 you're going to get some good slippage at above 5k rpm. If you're going to go that small I'd suggest switching to 8 rib and getting a decent tensioner like the ECS one. Really helps.

I ran a 2.7 + 8 rib OD dampner + ECS tensioner + Gates green belts on my old maggie. Didn't slip but then it wasn't exactly cheap either. At least it stopped shredding through belts.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:23 AM
TECH Resident

what's this 10% overdriven harmonic balancer kit for the 112?
Old 05-10-2012, 08:25 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayBirdWs6
what's this 10% overdriven harmonic balancer kit for the 112?
Innovators West
Old 05-10-2012, 08:38 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
234/242 .598/.621 112lsa

Thats an odd cam for a blower car. Definitely more suited for n/a or spray.
No, its not. This is what I have been trying to say for a while, it has only been very recently that the super high LSA cams have been "The Rule" in an attempt to seal off the cylinder and prevent the dreaded "boost leakage".

I don't have the time or the desire to get into this again, my point (as it always has been) is that a cam with overlap will make more power than a cam with negative overlap (emission's compliance notwithstanding, of course), especially on a roots blower.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CancerJCC
He can also have it dump fuel if the temps rise (meth failure).
Originally Posted by itsslow98
Just an fyi. He can mess with the timign based on IATs but i dont think he can touch the fuel side based on IATs.
I don't just say things that I think are true.

PE > Add vs. IAT > PE Fuel adder vs. IAT.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Some of you guys know better than I do, but this is my opinion on the matter. I don't think you can really tune in a safety measure for a meth failure on a Maggied car. On centri/turbo your meth and IAT sensor are after the compressor. The IAT temp drop with meth is HUGE compared to our setups.
At what temp do you set your failsafe on our cars? Say meth keeps you below 130* and you set your adders at 140*. If my meth goes out on a cold day, no way I'm reaching 140* even without it.
My solution is that my Aeroforce gauge is set to light up at 2* of KR. That's the best I can think of, but I'm not the smartest guy on here.

I got my old style 2.6" pulley from pulleyboys. No slip, and wintertime boost was hitting 10 psi with just highflow cats. Cam/headers would see less boost (restriction).
After a few months I started getting belt problems and decided to upgrade the tensioner. No problems since then.
Got it from David at Magnuson for a little over $100

I should note that the belt problems weren't necessarily due to the smaller pulley. Started getting belt walk and noticed my gates belt stretched out a couple inches. So I installed the belt that came with the Maggie and everything was fine,,,,,,until I shredded it by letting it rub against a clamp bolt. Then I kept having problems with new belts and figured the tensioner wasn't doing up to the task anymore.

Last edited by Twitch1; 05-10-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Oh, and as for the Meth kit. I don't think you need to go crazy with the expensive controllers. With the Maggie, boost jump up so fast it's like an on/off switch anyway. I say get a quality pump, make sure your wireing/hose routing is spot on and control the amount of meth with nozzle size. I use my smaller nozzle at full psi so the fluid atomizes better. This helps your fueling and is easier on the rotors.

This all makes sense to me, but let me know what you guys think.

Tony
Old 05-10-2012, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Twitch1
Some of you guys know better than I do, but this is my opinion on the matter. I don't think you can really tune in a safety measure for a meth failure on a Maggied car. On centri/turbo your meth and IAT sensor are after the compressor. The IAT temp drop with meth is HUGE compared to our setups.
At what temp do you set your failsafe on our cars? Say meth keeps you below 130* and you set your adders at 140*. If my meth goes out on a cold day, no way I'm reaching 140* even without it.
My solution is that my Aeroforce gauge is set to light up at 2* of KR. That's the best I can think of, but I'm not the smartest guy on here.

I got my old style 2.6" pulley from pulleyboys. No slip, and wintertime boost was hitting 10 psi with just highflow cats. Cam/headers would see less boost (restriction).
After a few months I started getting belt problems and decided to upgrade the tensioner. No problems since then.
Got it from David at Magnuson for a little over $100

I should note that the belt problems weren't necessarily due to the smaller pulley. Started getting belt walk and noticed my gates belt stretched out a couple inches. So I installed the belt that came with the Maggie and everything was fine,,,,,,until I shredded it by letting it rub against a clamp bolt. Then I kept having problems with new belts and figured the tensioner wasn't doing up to the task anymore.
I think you are right Tony. Without the meth dropping the IAT a LOT like on a centri car you just can't effectively tune for meth with a maggie. Although I am using the tables as an AID I am predominately relying on my AFR gauge and I watch it like a hawk when in boost. If I see 11.xx then I can assume my meth has stopped spraying and get the hell out of it. (On meth i'm around 10.8) It may or may not be to late depending on how aggressive you were with the meth. IE don't tune to be "meth dependent".

I wish we could see a much larger temperature drop because I am confident the IAT sensor is reading quickly enough to allow a benefit.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

Beyond the iats cant you also use o2 sensor and knock sensor information to see if you are leaning out?
Old 05-10-2012, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess i'll have to pick his brain a little when I go to get this installed.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Beyond the iats cant you also use o2 sensor and knock sensor information to see if you are leaning out?
You need a dedicated Air fuel ratio gauge. The o2 sensors are shut off and don't control fueling WOT. You can monitor for KR yes.

The thing is that if you are on the ragged edge. (Tune leaned out for meth and timing dependent on meth spraying) then neither KR or an AFR gauge are going to save you in the event of sudden stoppage while WOT.

The key is to push it just a bit so if meth were to stop spraying you can tell and back off. Push it too far and there isn't a back off point available...
Old 05-10-2012, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

I do have a dedicated wideband o2 the problem is its standalone and not monitored by the Ecu.... if only there was a way to incorporate that.....

Quick Reply: supercharger help