Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Roll Bar (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not my style, if I did one itd be a bolt in bar that I could remove unless im at the track. That would have been a much better option.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree it's not for everyone. But if it is your thing, this is how mine came out.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know why all the hate. If its not your thing look at the pictures and move on. His car, his money. Not like he put lambo doors on it...
Old 06-04-2012, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I couldn't bring myself to do that to a V, but it is pretty badass. Kudos!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Roll bar looks really good, and with the seats in there its a very cool car. It may not be for everyone but I have to agree that the cars are devalued so much now that would you buy a different car for a track car when you have one of these in your garage......

Does anyone have a roll bar - or seen a roll bar in the cts-v that allows the car to retain 4 passengers?
Old 06-04-2012, 04:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s-cam
Roll bar looks really good, and with the seats in there its a very cool car. It may not be for everyone but I have to agree that the cars are devalued so much now that would you buy a different car for a track car when you have one of these in your garage......

Does anyone have a roll bar - or seen a roll bar in the cts-v that allows the car to retain 4 passengers?
Not that ive seen but itd be very easy to turn that weld in bar into a bolt in bar so its removeable. If your not on the track theres no need for the roll bar unless you plan on rolling it on the highway.

Drag strip bars can be bolt in and still be certfiied to 10.0 i believe they are very safe if done properly.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by itsslow98
If your not on the track theres no need for the roll bar unless you plan on rolling it on the highway.
Unless your car sees a lot of track time I wouldn't bother with any roll bar.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

very very nice.....

Im putting those sway bars to good use btw
thanks
Old 06-04-2012, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 87vertgt
very very nice.....

Im putting those sway bars to good use btw
thanks
Glad to hear that!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Default You are right

Originally Posted by RADEoN
My car actually has the same mods as yours, except a way bigger cam (assuming you have the GM hot cam in the stage 2), and probably better heads, so I guess its time for a roll cage. I actually might just get rid of all my seats, air bags, cut the roof off of the car, trunk lid, front bumper, and both back doors.
Damn good idea, that is exactly what I did. I went from a Silver 4dr to a black coupe. Why, because I can, but more so for safety.

I have seen the car you are commenting about, it is pristine, fast, and well maintained. The owner can drive his car to one of the most respected tracks in the world in a couple hrs, change tires and rock as hard as he wants.

He has made a very logical decision that fits his application perfectly.

God Bless America
Attached Thumbnails Roll Bar (PICS)-dsc_0016.jpg   Roll Bar (PICS)-dsc_0011.jpg   Roll Bar (PICS)-dsc_0013.jpg  
Old 06-05-2012, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My car actually has the same mods as yours, except a way bigger cam (assuming you have the GM hot cam in the stage 2), and probably better heads, so I guess its time for a roll cage. I actually might just get rid of all my seats, air bags, cut the roof off of the car, trunk lid, front bumper, and both back doors.
What's your point in listing these mods? All I have are headers, stock FE4s with 112k miles and my car is still probably faster around a track than yours.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by yooperLS6
Damn good idea, that is exactly what I did. I went from a Silver 4dr to a black coupe. Why, because I can, but more so for safety.

I have seen the car you are commenting about, it is pristine, fast, and well maintained. The owner can drive his car to one of the most respected tracks in the world in a couple hrs, change tires and rock as hard as he wants.

He has made a very logical decision that fits his application perfectly.

God Bless America
Looking good sir! When are you getting out there again?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Big Bu Bu
Looking good sir! When are you getting out there again?
Oh man, not soon enough!

The V is back to stock, the Vette is far from being done. Waiting on the machine shop and aero to arrive. Glad this is just a hobby.

Might have to rent a car and come down to play.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd
What's your point in listing these mods? All I have are headers, stock FE4s with 112k miles and my car is still probably faster around a track than yours.
because he took a shot at my by saying "go wax your car", like he's some elite high tech racer.

I don't know how some of you aren't getting how stupid it is to do this to a 4 door sedan. You render the back doors useless, you might as well just pull the panels off them and sell them.

This being said, Yoopers vette, I could certainly see myself in. But regardless, it's not logical (IE completely retarded) to completely nullify the rear seats in a 4 door sedan that you're still going to daily drive. He is a ricer.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OHHHH That's a V with the bar? I was certain that someone had posted a pic of a 77 K-5 Blazer on the V section by mistake.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Amazon Amazon

wow big bu bu those are on sale for 5 bucks a piece, you should buy a bunch and duct tape them (preferably matching duct tape, but if not, maybe camo duct tape) to the cage, for increased safety.

Amazon Amazon

and hot damn, mesh plastic fence, you might as well replace your windows, as well.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:33 PM
TECH Regular

Smile

http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-World-223.../dp/B0017QABEQ

wow big bu bu those are on sale for 5 bucks a piece, you should buy a bunch and duct tape them (preferably matching duct tape, but if not, maybe camo duct tape) to the cage, for increased safety.

http://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Air-Te.../dp/B000W67GIQ

and hot damn, mesh plastic fence, you might as well replace your windows, as well.
Get over yourself.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Bu Bu
You're stupid and you're weak, and your responses to this post are lame. Get over yourself.
then why you getting so raged?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

fwiw, there's people elsewhere calling you out for this stupid ****, but just don't have the heart to tell you that you ruined a perfectly good car. here's some stuff:

Yeah he was like "why do you hate my roll bar?" I about **** my pants when I read that.

I've seen roll bars in MANY rides that I was like "Hmm that kinda works" in a V....NOT A CHANCE

I just like that he somehow thinks its cool to turn a luxury sedan into the most impractical car possible.

Yeah and I used to think that 2 door 4 seaters sucked ***** but this cat took that to a whole new level

I like the fact he was bragging about "when I bought my car it was $58k and now that it's only worth whatever the **** he said I don't mind turning it into a **** magnet"

so yeah your whole "strength in numbers" thing with like 3 people that agree with you isn't really owning me.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:50 PM
TECH Regular

fwiw, there's people elsewhere calling you out for this stupid ****, but just don't have the heart to tell you that you ruined a perfectly good car. here's some stuff:

Yeah he was like "why do you hate my roll bar?" I about **** my pants when I read that.

I've seen roll bars in MANY rides that I was like "Hmm that kinda works" in a V....NOT A CHANCE

I just like that he somehow thinks its cool to turn a luxury sedan into the most impractical car possible.

Yeah and I used to think that 2 door 4 seaters sucked ***** but this cat took that to a whole new level

I like the fact he was bragging about "when I bought my car it was $58k and now that it's only worth whatever the **** he said I don't mind turning it into a **** magnet"

so yeah your whole "strength in numbers" thing with like 3 people that agree with you isn't really owning me.
Sorry you got all butt hurt about my post. I've read your responses. You don't like what I did. You called it retarded (first) then a **** magnet. We get it! We know exactly how you feel. Now please shut the **** up. Then go away. Or, if it makes you feel better think up some more clever descriptions about me and my car and we all will indulge you a few more times on your fucked up rant.....

Quick Reply: Roll Bar (PICS)