Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Just bought my first V and I already broke it on Day 2..Intro

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 08:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll be fine man. His issue is an entirely different animal.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Isaacs
Yikes!! I assume you had a complete diff etc problem?? I hope this is my only problem for a while. I'm going to look over the entire car now and take it to Lamar Walden once it's back on the road for a better inspection. I don't have another grand to drop on it right now...
dude i'm not gonna lie, but what happened with you really isn't a problem with your car as much as you hammering on it and breaking it... if you ease up when the wheels start hopping, you're very likely to not break anything.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RADEoN
dude i'm not gonna lie, but what happened with you really isn't a problem with your car as much as you hammering on it and breaking it... if you ease up when the wheels start hopping, you're very likely to not break anything.
Lol that's just it.. there was no wheel hop or anything. As soon as I let the clutch out in 2nd, the motor just free reved b/c no power was transmitting to the wheels. I'm use to my old turbo civic where you could spin tires and bang gears all day long...and that was in a car originally meant to have less than 100hp and I had well over double that on a stock trans and axles w/ a LSD lol. I realize this car is A LOT heavier and makes much more torque, I just assumed it should handle a bit more abuse. Which makes me think the axle nut was loose...
Old 07-01-2012, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Yep. Not a diff problem. My fault because I placed too much trust in people to be like me. But I was fucked over by the seller and a shop. Look for big post coming up.

Quick Reply: Just bought my first V and I already broke it on Day 2..Intro