Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

different shift knobs

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 03:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I assumed. Guess there is really no way to know for sure unless u try it or someone else has who posted up to verify beforehand. I'm a little pissed now that I went with this katech shifter. The thread size gives us hardly any options at all for shift *****. I'm not sure what the UUC and B&M shifters come with for **** attachments but I'm wishing I would have gone with a stock modded shifter trimmed to the height i like and welded on my own thread size to run any **** I like. I have two stock shifters here collecting dust. Maybe I'll experiment with them.

Only nice thing about the katech is that it is a really nice solid billet piece. Nicest of all options that ive seen as far as quality IMO.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have this one and love it:
http://www.amazon.com/Razo-RA96A-Advance-Black-Leather/dp/B000CPILZE/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1341263524&sr=8-9&keywords=shift+**** http://www.amazon.com/Razo-RA96A-Advance-Black-Leather/dp/B000CPILZE/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1341263524&sr=8-9&keywords=shift+****

It's a perfect weight and size for grip, feels like a champ when driving. It also matches my interior perfectly as I have a custom black leather shift boot with silver accents.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
That's what I assumed. Guess there is really no way to know for sure unless u try it or someone else has who posted up to verify beforehand. I'm a little pissed now that I went with this katech shifter. The thread size gives us hardly any options at all for shift *****. I'm not sure what the UUC and B&M shifters come with for **** attachments but I'm wishing I would have gone with a stock modded shifter trimmed to the height i like and welded on my own thread size to run any **** I like. I have two stock shifters here collecting dust. Maybe I'll experiment with them.

Only nice thing about the katech is that it is a really nice solid billet piece. Nicest of all options that ive seen as far as quality IMO.
UUC has the same design as the stock shifter design for a press on shift ****. It is also a beautiful piece of work.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:50 PM
TECH Veteran

I've heard the UUC was nice. Are there many options for the push on style *****? I'd think options for the stock style would be limited as well.

I bought mine new in box for $150 if i remember right. Guy ordered it and wrecked his car before he installed it so other than it being a nice piece, price was attractive as well at almost half price.

Quick Reply: different shift knobs