Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

USA SPEC install question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 12:37 PM
sod
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default USA SPEC install question

Hey guys,

I'm going to install a USA SPEC PA-15 VETTE this weekend.

I see that the kit comes with an extension cable, I guess to relocate the "box" somewhere other than the rear deck lid. My question is, will I need to use the extension cable? The iPod cable is only 6 ft long & I'm planning on running it into the center console. Will I be able to run a 6 ft long cable from the rear deck lid to the center console? I'm not quite sure how to route the cable, so if anyone has first hand knowledge of the install, I'd appreciate any pointers.

Thanks & have a good weekend!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:47 PM
TECH Veteran

You'll definitely need the extension cable. I put my module up under the carpet on the passenger side of the car and ran the iPod cable up from there so it was clean and gave me room to adjust the length of the cable to where I needed it.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sod
Hey guys,

I'm going to install a USA SPEC PA-15 VETTE this weekend.

I see that the kit comes with an extension cable, I guess to relocate the "box" somewhere other than the rear deck lid. My question is, will I need to use the extension cable? The iPod cable is only 6 ft long & I'm planning on running it into the center console. Will I be able to run a 6 ft long cable from the rear deck lid to the center console? I'm not quite sure how to route the cable, so if anyone has first hand knowledge of the install, I'd appreciate any pointers.

Thanks & have a good weekend!
You will need it most likely. I ran mine under the carpet in the rear center and it is under the passegner seat. I am not going to lie... it is a stupid install at how much crap you have to take apart. You basically end up taking the entire rear of the car apart for a stupiid IPOD jack! But thats only because the cadillac radio is terrible and unless you do something custom for thousands, you are stuck with a crappy nav and radio! Ok, I ranted I am better now lol
Old 08-03-2012, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Running the cable under the carpet over the transmission hump is the worst part of the installation (other than taking the back of the car apart). Unless someone has a better idea, grab yourself a coat hanger and use it to pull the extension wire under the carpet to the center armrest area. The head unit is small enough to fit under the center armrest assembly, although you'll have to really fiddle with it to get it to fit. If you need a hand, send me a PM and I'll toss your my cell phone number.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Veteran

I didn't put mine under the arm rest because i have some RCA cables run under there already for the bass **** to my system. Where i put it is easy access should I ever want to use the aux inputs on the module and worked perfectly for how i wanted to route my wire to the cup holder to use my ipod. And when its not in use, it tucks nicely between the console and passenger seat so its not an eye sore.

Quick Reply: USA SPEC install question