Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

exhaust wrapped headers, to trans, wrapped oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default exhaust wrapped headers, to trans, wrapped oil pan

what do you guys think of that? great/good/ok/bad idea?

I wrapped the lower 3/4 portion of my headers, down to the catless connector pipes, and the whole way to the transmission... this is in an effort to reduce the heat going into the oil and trans. The trans went down about 40f, and the oil ALLEGEDLY went down around 100 (because my stupid oil light is always at 330f... which I do not buy. My coolant is 199 ffs)

I also wrapped my oil pan in DEI heat deflection tape, but I'm not sure if it's going to keep heat in as much as keep exhaust heat out.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A heat shield might be better. Really the main downfall of the exhaust wrap is that if you drive in the rain or in the winter it will rot your exhaust/headers.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No wrap here and no issues.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RADEoN
what do you guys think of that? great/good/ok/bad idea?

I wrapped the lower 3/4 portion of my headers, down to the catless connector pipes, and the whole way to the transmission... this is in an effort to reduce the heat going into the oil and trans. The trans went down about 40f, and the oil ALLEGEDLY went down around 100 (because my stupid oil light is always at 330f... which I do not buy. My coolant is 199 ffs)

I also wrapped my oil pan in DEI heat deflection tape, but I'm not sure if it's going to keep heat in as much as keep exhaust heat out.
did you redo the ground on the gas strut with a star washer. That has fixed the Oil temp crazy fluctuation issue?

yea like bowtie said, wrapping the mid pipes will prob lead the corrosion down the road.. deff if they are pacesetters but SS should hold out for 5 years at least

Quick Reply: exhaust wrapped headers, to trans, wrapped oil pan