Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Fuel pump/sending unit plug pins

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 09:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel pump/sending unit plug pins

Can anyone help out with a part number and/or source for the pins that go into the connector that is above the rear differential? When I had the car on the lift the other day I noticed the plug looks a little green and my fuel gauge does not work but sometimes will read for a minute or two. I also noticed that someone has bypassed one wire around the plug and the rest of them look like they could be corroded. After I messed with the plug the gas gauge worked longer than it ever has. Sorry I do not have any pics at this time. I believe it is a 8 pin connector.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:26 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL...man, i'm sorry to ask...but what the hell are you doing to this poor car?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had it on the lift when I was doing the shifter. Since my fuel gauge was not working correctly I looked for the connection between the tank and main harness so I could ohm out the sending unit. That is when I saw there was a wire (white) bypassed in the connector and there was obvious signs of corrosion. Sorry I don't have a pic but I thought this might be a issue for others as well. I don't know what all of the wires go to but some may go to the rear abs sensors as well causing service stabilitrak issues as well. After wiggling the plug and pushing in on the wires the fuel gauge worked well for a day.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump/sending unit plug pins