Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Air bag, abs AND T/C lights are all on after seat swap. Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is how it works in are car.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't gone back yet. Found out the part i most likely need is color specific for the interior (black) and my old ones are grey on the grey seats do they would do me no good. if I find some junk wheels to put on it to get the team dynamics off before the weekend, I'll grab it for u bigtuna.

Kl2onik... Yeah bro... I don't know wtf is up with the extra lights. None were on when I got there and all of them were on when I left. And must have something to do with the seats too in some way. Does your base CTS have black seat belts/buckles?? If so, I may need the buckle off both seats that come with the part shown in the video stone posted. How much for them?

Thanks stone for the vids!!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks buddy!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Kl2onik... Yeah bro... I don't know wtf is up with the extra lights. None were on when I got there and all of them were on when I left. And must have something to do with the seats too in some way. Does your base CTS have black seat belts/buckles?? If so, I may need the buckle off both seats that come with the part shown in the video stone posted. How much for them?

Thanks stone for the vids!!
Call your dealership. I did.
cost about $100 at local dealer.
Part number 89024401 left side.
Buckle w/pretensioner, black Left
Cost $68.23 at GM Parts Direct
Old 09-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Teching In

Also something to think about, not many people know this. I'm certified porsche/audi tech btw, When you unplug the airbag connectors on OBDII or later vech's, they store it as a fault, and need to be cleared with a scanner... Its nothing wrong, its just a safety issue. Also if it was infact in a cash, and the airbags were deployed, more then likely the safety belt was locked up as well, if the seatbelt has a ignitior in it, it will more then likely need to be replaced as well.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DDTECH
Also something to think about, not many people know this. I'm certified porsche/audi tech btw, When you unplug the airbag connectors on OBDII or later vech's, they store it as a fault, and need to be cleared with a scanner... Its nothing wrong, its just a safety issue. Also if it was infact in a cash, and the airbags were deployed, more then likely the safety belt was locked up as well, if the seatbelt has a ignitior in it, it will more then likely need to be replaced as well.
I pulled both my front seats out before and never got a code. I did pull the battery first.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:16 AM
TECH Veteran

I swapped the interior in my old V and didn't have any issues. Didn't even disconnect the battery. Just unbolted and unplugged everything and bolted and plugged all the new stuff in. Seats I swapped into it weren't from a wrecked car though. This time they were so I'll have the code run and see what it says. There was only one person in the vehicle during the crash so I'm pretty sure it's the drivers side buckle tensioner mechanism that needs to be replaced.

Quick Reply: Air bag, abs AND T/C lights are all on after seat swap. Help!!!