Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Can any of you Maggie guys help a brother out? (please)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Can any of you Maggie guys help a brother out? (please)

Some of you may have read this http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ighlight=p2101 thread already. Since posting this I have had my car with a retired GM mechanic for a few weeks. First he thought the problem lay with the TAC module, another wasted $400.00 as this didn't fix the problem. He has now spent many hours chasing wiring and has determined that the problem is the ECM. He has confirmed this with a similar ECM from an auto wrecker. I say similar because it was not from a CTS-V but a compatible computer. Finally no more codes but it does mean replacing my ECM. I can get a rebuilt one from a local automotive retailer for about $250.00 and it will cost me another $50.00 to have my vin flashed to it but unfortunately the story doesn't end there and this is where I need some help. I purchased my car with the Maggie already installed and didn't receive the programmer with it. I don't have access to a tuner locally so I'm really hoping that I can rent or borrow somebodies Maggie programmer to get me back on the road and eventually drive down to get a proper dyno tune. I live in Canada on the left coast so of course would be willing to pick up any shipping/insurance charges. Thanks for reading my story and am open to any other ideas or suggestions that anyone may have, Brad.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't you have someone copy the tune out of your computer? THen you could reflash it into the new one. There is a tune in the tune repository on HPtuners website for a 04 which would be basically identical to what you need. It costs $100 to license your PCM so if you can find someone in your area with HPtuners then you are in business.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the reply Bowtie, I'm pretty small town here so copying my ECM doesn't seem to be an option for me. HPtuners and wideband is very likely for me sometime in the future but funds won't allow for that at this time. Thanks for the good suggestions tho, Brad.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would be surprised, HPtuners works on a lot of different platforms. Put a ad up on craigslist looking for someone with a copy. It isn't too difficult to copy and paste for something to get you going. Look at the member list here and see if anyone is remotely close. Hope you find someone.

Quick Reply: Can any of you Maggie guys help a brother out? (please)