Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Steering wheel thoughts.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 07:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel thoughts.

I've been thinking about picking up an 06 or 07 steering wheel to throw on my 04. I want to have it thickend a hair and rewrapped in some sort of suede. My question lies with the steering wheer controls, could I get the audio controls to work easily, and then pick up an 06/07 blinker cruise control unit. Wondering if anyone has done this and if it is plug and play or just a bad idea that will have me fighting electrical gremlins for ever. Thanks gentlemen.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All Cts steeringwheels are essentially the same. the V electronics are they only difference so if you can just pick up a set of LS2 Steeringwheel buttons you can use any CTS wheel. you dont need a SW puller.. pull the bat for a while to let the airbag die, and its 2 locking clips on the back of the rounded steering wheel back that need to be released with a flat head

Dont think i have seen any threads on this 05->06 upgrade.. http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/vswc/index.html
this will prob help you with he wiring.. might wanna hit dark man up for the pfd of the 06 and 05 Cruse control wiring diagram

Quick Reply: Steering wheel thoughts.