Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

So need some help with building my h/c V...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Go with the Fast 90 or 92, get with EPS about their 230/238 cam and their rec. valvesprings, ls2 timing chain is all you need, keep your stock rockers their is no need to swap unless you go to trick flow heads.

Much bigger injectors then you need can lead to idle tuning issues. Id go with 36lbers and sell when its time to upgrade youc an usually get 80% of your money back on them.

Also for an n/a setup id say mill the heads to bump the compression which will help a decent amount, but with your plans to go FI it wont be ideal with over 10.5 compression.
Just a few additions:

stock rockers unless using Bronze guides (any head) and lift over .6, not just trick flow heads, imo. The bearings upgrade on stock rockers are debatable for these years of production.

at stock 58psi rail pressure, using Seimens Deka 61's are about the limit to avoid idling issues. You will be close if not at the lowest Pulse width before sliding out of spec and thus no control of the injector.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You will need 1/2" valve cover shims (Jeg's) or the rockers will hit the covers.

That happened even after I removed all baffles and bosses.

Quick Reply: So need some help with building my h/c V...