Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

LG Motorsports coil overs and G-Force 9" rear ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Midnight02
Guys this sounds like an absolute nightmare. Was looking to pick up a V1, slap a 9" and a S/C on it and go however it sounds like that would be much more of a mess than I'm interested in. Time to start reseraching the 8.8 rears!

OP, good luck with getting everything together.
just get the CS 8.8 kit and never look back
Old 03-22-2013, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

and the 8.8 is based on a Chevrolet 12 bolt.......
Old 03-22-2013, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 54inches
and the 8.8 is based on a Chevrolet 12 bolt.......
i dont care what its based on. its a bolt in kit that takes big power. what more can you ask for?
Old 03-25-2013, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got some parts:

Sucks that I'm aphrehensive rather than excited though.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

And you only ordered that what, 5 months ago? Wow, and I see you still need axles and driveshaft.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

good luck with the install. hope the leaking problem has been resolved, maybe that is what caused the delay..
Old 03-26-2013, 10:25 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd
Got some parts:

Sucks that I'm aphrehensive rather than excited though.
Glad you got most of the kit. The axles will be shipping probably tomorrow. Sounds like Strange sent you an extra pumpkin.. The guy in Australia that is waiting on it isnt amused LOL

Casey said he had a good chat with you today. If you need anything else, let us know.

Thanks
Chris
Old 03-30-2013, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tmac2419
I have a new update for yall as well. The pumpkin has been leaking ever since we installed it about 3 weeks ago. Finally got to the point of pure anger towards this. So, for the final solution, we are trailering my car to KS so Gforce can install it themselves and going back the next weekend to pick it back up.
We got your V all ready to pick up.
The stub retainer was not tight against the housing. We found that the splines were too tight in the S-trac posi unit and it might of kept the stub from going all the way in.
Strange has been tweaking the S-trac design a bit and sometimes gets one that fit a little tighter then normal.
We re-splined the stubs to fit as they should, we also installed the new aluminum stub retainers we have been testing.
Jason got your cradle clearanced so the cv bolts dont hit anymore too.
We put around 25 miles on it driving around the city, stop and go plus highway speeds to make sure it drove nice and it is baby smooth with no leaks.
I look forward to meeting you today.

Thanks
Chris
Old 03-30-2013, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Well that meeting didnt go exactly as planned...

I should have been a painter or something. Being a car guy brings so much heartache
Old 03-30-2013, 11:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tmac2419
Well that meeting didnt go exactly as planned...

I should have been a painter or something. Being a car guy brings so much heartache
I hear ya Tyler. After discovering the cradle needing clearancing because the cv bolts were hitting we didn't pull the stub out to look at the bearing.
When the cv bolts hit the cradle on the test drive it cracked the bearing race and that allowed the stub to pull out of the housing.
I'll get it all fixed up Monday and I'll deliver your car back to you probably Tuesday.

Thanks
Chris
Old 04-16-2013, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

How is the car driving?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My car is still at the shop for the roll bar install. I have received all of the 9" kit now though. Axels and driveshaft are here.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Teching In

I ordered my 9' rear from G-Force on the 2/14 of this year and paid in full on 3/14. Its completely rediculous its now 4/30 and I still dont have half my parts. I haven't had a car since winter storm Nemo here in NY. I am dumb founded they keep blaming it on strange but it sounds strange how they can't just pick up the phone call strange and ask where the **** my **** is?? I feel bad for everyone else this is happening too im just happy im not singled out.. I really hope they fix all the "quirks" that the kit is supposably having cause I sure did wait long enough so far, They seem like good guys over there at G-Force but when it comes to business men I dont know if there up to par on that one. I got a few friends that are waiting on me to get my V back on the road so they can see how good the rear came out, But I can honestly say if its not flawless Im not gunna be able to recomend them, Cause I wouldnt want even my enemy to have to wait this long to get there car back....

G-FORCE PLEASE HELP
Old 05-03-2013, 05:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Z06CTSV
I ordered my 9' rear from G-Force on the 2/14 of this year and paid in full on 3/14. Its completely rediculous its now 4/30 and I still dont have half my parts. I haven't had a car since winter storm Nemo here in NY. I am dumb founded they keep blaming it on strange but it sounds strange how they can't just pick up the phone call strange and ask where the **** my **** is?? I feel bad for everyone else this is happening too im just happy im not singled out.. I really hope they fix all the "quirks" that the kit is supposably having cause I sure did wait long enough so far, They seem like good guys over there at G-Force but when it comes to business men I dont know if there up to par on that one. I got a few friends that are waiting on me to get my V back on the road so they can see how good the rear came out, But I can honestly say if its not flawless Im not gunna be able to recomend them, Cause I wouldnt want even my enemy to have to wait this long to get there car back....

G-FORCE PLEASE HELP
Just got it all shipped out overnight, you will have everything tomorrow.

I hope your luck gets better with your car situation, sounds like you have had some bad luck this year.

Thanks
Chris
Old 05-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Hey, Thanks Chris everything was recieved and I was able to drop it off at the Vette Doctors. Thanks again for promptly responding and helping me resolve this issue. I cant wait to have my V back in action again.

Thanks again G-Force!!
Old 05-11-2013, 01:21 AM
Staging Lane

How about those 31 spline axles ive emailed twice about? Not trying to call you out on here but damn its been almost 2 months since you said 2 weeks. And no response to 2 emails.

I have spent too many hours under my car fixing leaks and stub shafts and far too many $$$ to be ignored by you Chris.

In your big reveal thread about the new axles you mention starting to send them out with kits but when I called, Casey said they were not done yet. So I say "But Chris posted that you guys started sending them out with kits". Casey replies with confusion: "Ummm we have sent a few out for customers making big power".

If I tell you that my car will clip off a 9 second 1/4 will you send me a good set of axles?

Last edited by COLEVETTE; 05-11-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:51 AM
TECH Addict

It sounds to me that gforce has more business then employees and a distributor on major back order... from what I hear that's what happens with a good product! Hope ya'll get everything worker out...
Old 05-11-2013, 02:06 AM
Staging Lane

You have no clue how badly I wish I never had problems with this. I like Chris alot. Great guy! But there has to be some end to this madness of waiting and money I have spent, and will continue to spend.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
It sounds to me that gforce has more business then employees and a distributor on major back order... from what I hear that's what happens with a good product! Hope ya'll get everything worker out...
I can attest this is the case unfortunately. It is a great product, but a couple more employees wouldn't hurt i dont think. Just for the customer service/ shipping aspect.

Originally Posted by COLEVETTE
You have no clue how badly I wish I never had problems with this. I like Chris alot. Great guy! But there has to be some end to this madness of waiting and money I have spent, and will continue to spend.
Also can definitely attest to this. As many issues as there were getting parts, replacing parts, driving to kansas, etc. You kinda feel bad at being pissed just because of how nice they all are. But at some point, you gotta look past that and just get the job that needs to be done....done.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by COLEVETTE
How about those 31 spline axles ive emailed twice about? Not trying to call you out on here but damn its been almost 2 months since you said 2 weeks. And no response to 2 emails.

I have spent too many hours under my car fixing leaks and stub shafts and far too many $$$ to be ignored by you Chris.

In your big reveal thread about the new axles you mention starting to send them out with kits but when I called, Casey said they were not done yet. So I say "But Chris posted that you guys started sending them out with kits". Casey replies with confusion: "Ummm we have sent a few out for customers making big power".

If I tell you that my car will clip off a 9 second 1/4 will you send me a good set of axles?
I'll just have to let you know when they are ready.
We made a small run of the 31 spline axles and shipped some out for testing to various customers.
We have 31 spline axle bars made, we are just waiting to get the 31 spline cv stars done now. We just got them back from getting broached about a month late so that put us a month behind as well.

We make a bunch of products and we run them in large batches, sometimes this stuff takes time and date/deadlines cant be maintained.

Thanks
Chris

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports coil overs and G-Force 9" rear ordered!