Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Mallett CTS-V Wheel Hop Stabilization kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mallett CTS-V Wheel Hop Stabilization kit

I recently had the pleasure of riding in a Mallett CTS-V, (currently for sale at a dealer I wont name cause they are dicks).

Anyways, the previous owner took me for a ride prior to him trading it in, and there was absolutely no wheel hop. THe car has the Mallett CTS-V wheel hop stabilization kit on it, but I can not fins what it is. Went to look at the car locally but couldnt see **** under it due to being lowered, and could not get down to the car when it was on the dyno at a local tuner (Im in Hunstville, AL)

Drove over 100 miles to the current owner Friday, after calling ahead requesting just to see the car on a lift, and being told sure no problem, but when I get there I get the run around that someone is coming to look at/ possibly buy it and they wont even jack the damn thing up with a floor jack because it might slide on the floor. (yes they were that freaking stupid, even got pissy with me for driving up there to see the car, after agreeing on the phone to put it on a lift)

Anyways, three ties I have tried to get a peak at the Mallet wheel hop stabilization system and still unsuccessful, does anyone know what the hell it consists of? I am sure Mallett knows what he is doing, but id like to see or know what I am getting before spending the loot he's asking for and not knowing what I am getting.

So, does any one know or have pictures?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You've got a 9 inch! Why are you worried about wheel hop?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

The thing still hops some when I snag 2nd, none in first, mostly spins the tires now. I am looking to get it all gone. The Mallett v had none on a stock rear end and just upgraded factory axles (06-07 design). Made me know there was more to be had.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I saw one way back in '05 ish time frame at Lindsay Cadillac.

The Mallet solution is rear penske true coilovers with remote resevoirs. Nice and cheap!

I used to have a picture of it, but couldn't find it.

-Chris
Old 11-07-2012, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by trukk
I saw one way back in '05 ish time frame at Lindsay Cadillac.

The Mallet solution is rear penske true coilovers with remote resevoirs. Nice and cheap!

I used to have a picture of it, but couldn't find it.

-Chris
LOL then I have it too...

Quick Reply: Mallett CTS-V Wheel Hop Stabilization kit