Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

IW 8 Rib pulley wobble

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IW 8 Rib pulley wobble

Gents,

Have been running the IW 8" kit for almost two years now with few issues until last week. Suddenly a new gates hd belt decides to lose some weight and shed a rib. Checked out pulleys thoroughly and all is well except what appears to be a slight wobble from the power steering pulley. It's slight but enough that it caused the belt to hit the sidewall of my idler and what I can only imagine is some severe wear on one side. That's my current theory anyways.

Might get a replacement pulley but doing a bit of research I found an old thread from some gto forum that talks about a power steering bracket/brace. Anyone heard of such a thing?

I'm thinking it may not just be the pulley here.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, the pulley is press fit, so I would imagine either something bent the pulley, or the power steering pump is on it's way out and the input shaft itself is wobbling. I think the PS pump is directly bolted to the block isn't it? Haven't had my car in a while... can't run out and look.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 AM
Staging Lane

Is the pulley wobbling or is the shaft as well
Old 11-14-2012, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FknBoss
Is the pulley wobbling or is the shaft as well
Good question, hard to tell. I'll have a better look today. I did notice some bad wobble on my ecs tensioner also so guys running it, slip the belt off and see if you can wobble the tensioner pulley by hand. Turned out to be a spacer that's worn down.

Quick Reply: IW 8 Rib pulley wobble