Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

GM Ipod hook up #

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Ipod hook up #

Does anyone know the GM part number for the unit to use an Ipod in our V1 with the stock radio? I know it was pretty expensive. But I just cant take it I need my Ipod lol..
Old 11-26-2012, 07:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Just buy a PA15-VETTE.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

listen to Fuzzy. I got it and it's great. I don't listen to xm but it did introduce static on that channel, but I have seen there's a fix for that.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MN_V
listen to Fuzzy. I got it and it's great. I don't listen to xm but it did introduce static on that channel, but I have seen there's a fix for that.
If you don't listen to XM anyway, it doesn't matter.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hostile03SVT
Does anyone know the GM part number for the unit to use an Ipod in our V1 with the stock radio? I know it was pretty expensive. But I just cant take it I need my Ipod lol..
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...kit-cts-v.html
Old 11-26-2012, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heard nothing but good things about the PA15-VETTE

"official" gm kit

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...kit-cts-v.html
Old 11-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Teching In

What's the static fix? I do listen to XM, but even if I didn't, the static is on the iPod channels too.

USASpecs' official answer was, "Yeah, we know about it, deal with it."

I'd love one of the OEM/Apple G.M.-iPod adapters, but the thread on Cadillac Forums referenced in this thread is from 2006. They're NLA at dealers now.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fre1102
What's the static fix? I do listen to XM, but even if I didn't, the static is on the iPod channels too.

USASpecs' official answer was, "Yeah, we know about it, deal with it."

I'd love one of the OEM/Apple G.M.-iPod adapters, but the thread on Cadillac Forums referenced in this thread is from 2006. They're NLA at dealers now.
Hey, I get zero static on Ipod (xm1). On xm2 the static is relatively light and intermittent but definitely annoying to me, kinda like listening to AM.

On Caddyforums guys were talking about the static fix was connecting two of the wires on the wire harness where it plugs into xm box under rear deck. If you dig around you can find it there. use google search, if I stumble across it I'll post up. Funny thing is was they were mentioning that it was a direct instruction from USASpec....

On a side note ... am I the only guy who's XM randomly works without a subscription - beyond the advertisement obviously? I've never had a subscription. Maybe they do occasional free weeks of it. It did that a couple months ago and it is currently working now.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:51 AM
TECH Resident

Hey, I get zero static on Ipod (xm1). On xm2 the static is relatively light and intermittent but definitely annoying to me, kinda like listening to AM.

On Caddyforums guys were talking about the static fix was connecting two of the wires on the wire harness where it plugs into xm box under rear deck. If you dig around you can find it there. use google search, if I stumble across it I'll post up. Funny thing is was they were mentioning that it was a direct instruction from USASpec....

On a side note ... am I the only guy who's XM randomly works without a subscription - beyond the advertisement obviously? I've never had a subscription. Maybe they do occasional free weeks of it. It did that a couple months ago and it is currently working now.
My xm has been active for over a year without me subscribing, I'm guessing the PO of my car is still paying for it..... 11.99 autobilled every month isn't something everyone notices.

Quick Reply: GM Ipod hook up #