Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Help with Avital remote start/alarm on 07 V

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 12:22 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Help with Avital remote start/alarm on 07 V

Hello all,

Bought my 07 about a month ago, been dropping money in it ever since, but the tech's at Drive in Autosound can't seem to get my Avital 5303 RS system to work. I have had it back to them 2 times now;

When I first got it back after install the remote start seemed to work, but then the next day I tried it, and the car shut off after 30 seconds, then tried to start back up, then shut off and kept looping like that. Took it back to them, the said it seemed like somehow the "control module" was reset. They reprogrammed it... Same problem the next day... Took it back, they put a new module in it, thinking the other one was bad. Worked fine in the parking lot, now it doesn't even crank by remote, it just seems like everything comes on as if you turned the key to on but didn't crank it. Talked to them said he cant figure it out but is looking into it. These guys seem like their on the up'n'up but... any body have experience on here with this?

Im getting tired of having my new toy gone for the day, and Im dropping it off next week for a custom 72mm rear mount, its gonna be gone till xmas after that...

Thanks in advance for everything.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How are you bypassing the Neutral safety switch?
Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not sure how they are doing that, I just talked to them again, he said that he wants to try a different brand module...?

Dmax, do you have an avital on your v?
Old 11-30-2012, 11:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not have any sort of remote start on mine, reason I noted it was because back in the day I used to work with a couple of guys who did the sort of work you were doing and that was one thing they brough to my attention. I have heard my share of horror stories with remote starts, garage walls, and manual transmissions. I'll be frank the fact that you found a shop that will install a remote start on a manual is uncommon. Most places will not run these sorts of installs because they have to overide the NSS for the remote start to work without the clutch depressed, which means that you can start the car remotely in gear if you forget to put it in neutral. I have a remote start on my truck and I understand the appeal, but I will never put one on the V because it is a manual, and these cars have enough low end torque to buck nicely into a wall or a parked car.

Quick Reply: Help with Avital remote start/alarm on 07 V