Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Suspension stabilizer system keeps coming on my 04 v. Need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 04:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension stabilizer system keeps coming on my 04 v. Need help

I have a 04 v with 60k mi. I was driving it the other day on a 12hr trip and noticed the suspension stabilizer system keep flashing on occasionally. And now have notice it is starting to do it more often just driving around town. Need all the help I can get on this one. What might b causing this. Is this something I can fix my self or need to take to the dealer? All help appreciated
Old 11-29-2012, 06:50 AM
TECH Resident

Wheels speed sensor in one of your hubs, find out which one and replace or take a look and see if any of the wires are damaged.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Teching In

I guess besides looking for visual damage it will have to b taken to the dealer to figure out wich one it is. Are these just located on the front hubs?
Old 11-29-2012, 05:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

yea! for chasing electrical demons! Yea!

On the real, C5's have this problem alot. The wheel sensors is a good place to start. After that does not work, find every ground on the car and clean them! It is inevitable that the V's will start running into problems like this at a much higher frequency, the older more used they become. Good Luck!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:54 PM
TECH Resident

The stability system code is a BCM code, you can read it using efi live that I know for a fact. If you have access to something like EFI live it will even tell you which corner is causing problems.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

there are a number or scanners that can read abs type codes, which would be what your looking for regarding the stability problem. if your going to replace a hub assembly, spend the extra money and get a good one, otherwise you'll be doing them more often.

**If by some strange chance you are located in the chicago/ milwaukee area, i'd be happy to throw the scanner on your car
Old 11-30-2012, 04:48 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys for all the help. Unfortunately I'm not in the Chicago area. But thanks for the offer. I'm going to first check on the ground issue. Its my wife's car and she told me she went to the store the other day walked in got her stuff came out and battery was dead. Got a jump and it hasn't given her any problems starting since then. Might get lucky enough and just b a loose battery cable. I'm out of town with work right now but when I get home that will b the first Place I start. Thanks again

Quick Reply: Suspension stabilizer system keeps coming on my 04 v. Need help