Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Revshift Transmission Mount Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Revshift Transmission Mount Review

First, let me start off by saying I have UMI motor mounts, so results may vary. LOL

Step 1: Get your car up

Step 2: Jack transmission up

Thats the location I jacked the transmission up

Step 3: Push the insert in. Simple? Not really.
I had my original transmission mount already in, since I had sold the CS and swapped out to the old one, and needed to ship the CS mount. I sold my old CS mount on LS1tech, and user may be a user here as well. My stock trans mount was in horrible shape, finding it difficult to find 1 and R, and even 3rd on occasion.

I lubed up the mount as well as the inside of the transmission mount. I first lined up the mount to the transmission and pushed into it. A small hammer, as suggested by a member here, I twisted one at a time so they almost formed a T, and then I stuck it between the driveshaft and the revshift mount, which is angled at bit, and then pushed it forward towards the engine. Using this small hammer, and a larger hammer, I was able to finally edge it in. It took me a good portion of 20 minutes or so. Tthe original transmission mount was shot to hell, and even when lifted, it still had tremendous slack to it.

In comparison to CS mount... The first thing I noticed when I switched my stock trans mount to CS trans mount was how much MORE vibration I got. I believe this was related to the UMI mounts being a bit more solid, and now with the harder trans mount, the vibrations had somewhere to go. I noticed that with the CS mount, I had difficulty getting into 2nd and 4th under hard shifting. Again, I was on UMIs and although I've seen speculation with some people saying it raises the engine a bit, I have no comment or knowledge on this at all. I'm just speaking from what I've experienced.

Now with the Revshift, I noticed the vibrations have lowered (Vibrations do not tend to bother me, what was bothering me was the shifting). The shifting feels much better, got a good 3k rpm launch out of it, ran thru all gears at 6500ish, and had no issues. Chirped thru all of them and had no difficulty finding ANY of them. I was happy with that.

I can personally see why people have credited Revshift 5 stars on this product. It doesn't seem to put too much of a mount underneath the transmission. Seems to be exactly what the car needs.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just did mine. My trans mount is the original with about 25K on it. I guess you can say it had some sag after putting in the block.

It moved the shifter end closer to the DSS driveshaft. If I had the standard DIY shifter it may not clear. You can see the difference between the two.(shifter shown is the prototype RALCO RZ shifter)

Old 12-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Launching!

Damn I knew I should of just bought the transmount when I ordered everything else for Black Friday, save on shipping...I just bought it now.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thefullmonty_07
Damn I knew I should of just bought the transmount when I ordered everything else for Black Friday, save on shipping...I just bought it now.
Same here. And the discount
Old 12-17-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the reviews..

so the general symptoms of having a bad trans mount is that you are having trouble finding reverse?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Way off topic but I never understand why people black out their licence plate numbers when they post photos online, don't like 10,000 people see your licence plate number every time you drive around the city?

Am I missing something that I need to protect myself from??

.....end thread jack....

Great write up by the way! Love the revshift trans mount myself, although mine was a PITA to install because my trans was out of the car at the time! haha

Last edited by etcts-v; 12-17-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Me too...

Sorry OP for thread jacking.

Back on topic:

So my shifters wont work with this mount? Anybody else have this mount with my shifter? Some people have the CS trans mount and use my shifter with no problem. It seems that the CS trans mount would be taller than original trans mount plus the Revshift insert.

Originally Posted by etcts-v
Way off topic but I never understand why people black out their licence plate numbers when they post photos online, don't like 10,000 people see your licence plate number every time you drive around the city?

Am I missing something that I need to protect myself from??
Old 12-17-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

oh yeah that prototype is a nice looking shifter. : )
Old 12-17-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Regular

I love the Revshift trans mount for the price of it. I feel it greatly improved my ability to find first and reverse and only took me about 10 minutes to install.

In regards to the license plate thing, I've never understood it and I've never covered mine in any of my photo's.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

tmonttt I know you had one of my shifters but switched. What do you have now and does it hit?

Originally Posted by tmonttt
I love the Revshift trans mount for the price of it. I feel it greatly improved my ability to find first and reverse and only took me about 10 minutes to install.

In regards to the license plate thing, I've never understood it and I've never covered mine in any of my photo's.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

In regards to the license plate thing; you guys are correct in the fact that tons of people see them daily, no denying that. The "issue" would be that people post all kinds of stuff they have in their car (be it stereo or anything else) on a forum and someone with the right skills or connections can find your personal info fairly easy and then pay a visit to take it off your hands... The average joe driving around wouldn't know about that kinda stuff unless they paid really close attention or you flaunt it (stereo for example).

Back to the topic; thanks for the review, definately pushing me toward buying one of these.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NyteSnyper
In regards to the license plate thing; you guys are correct in the fact that tons of people see them daily, no denying that. The "issue" would be that people post all kinds of stuff they have in their car (be it stereo or anything else) on a forum and someone with the right skills or connections can find your personal info fairly easy and then pay a visit to take it off your hands... The average joe driving around wouldn't know about that kinda stuff unless they paid really close attention or you flaunt it (stereo for example).

Back to the topic; thanks for the review, definately pushing me toward buying one of these.
Ahhh, that makes sense! Thanks for the insight!

sorry for the thread jack, back on topic!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by azn2dmax
So my shifters wont work with this mount? Anybody else have this mount with my shifter? Some people have the CS trans mount and use my shifter with no problem. It seems that the CS trans mount would be taller than original trans mount plus the Revshift insert.
No one has ever reported (to us) any shifter issues caused by our insert. The insert keeps the trans mount at the oem height and prevents it from sagging. The only issue that I am aware of was with PISSNUOFF himself which ended up being caused by worn shifter bushings, not the trans insert. He replaced the shifter bushing and the problem was fixed.

The CS trans mount is taller than the oem mount with our insert. The CS mount is actually a little too tall and has been known to cause difficult shifts into 2nd, 4th, and 6th. If the shifter works with the CS mount then it will most definitely work with ours.
The following users liked this post:
Satterly2164 (07-19-2021)
Old 12-17-2012, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

I had issues with the Revshift trans mount and the aznd2max shifter setup. I'm not one to point fingers, especially considering how many different factors there are for peoples setups. I had an issue where after installing the trans insert, the aznd shifter would hit the driveshaft when I went to second and fourth gear. I just simply fixed it by swapping back to the stock original hole above the one that Aznd and Pinusoff weld on to the bottom of our shifters.

Again, I'm not pointing fingers because this could be due to having sagging stock motor mounts and the angle of the engine to trans being out of line or any other of the common Cadillac shifter issues with the linkages and such. I still recommend both products to anyone who asks because they are great and like I said, it could of just been because of any of the things specifically related to my car that caused the shifter to rub the driveshaft like that.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

So it was the linkage arm hitting not the lower welded piece? B/c if you just moved it up to the original hole it would still have the welded piece down there.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:58 PM
FoD
On The Tree

The addition of the trans mount is night and day in terms of shifting. I had the common troubles of 1st and Reverse. I also had (sometimes) a slight grind from 1st to 2nd above 4500RPM. I have not has a single grind since adding this. I had a little moer trouble with the install than the "10 minutes" some are stating. I also have the Corsa catback, and I have big hands/arms...difficult for me to get in there. Took around 30 minutes start to finish for me. Due to this improvement, I decided to go with Revshift for MM and Diff Bushing as well...received today, installing tomorrow if I have time.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:59 PM
FoD
On The Tree

So it was the linkage arm hitting not the lower welded piece? B/c if you just moved it up to the original hole it would still have the welded piece down there.
That's what I was thinking when I read it.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Reading all these threads about the RS trans mount motivates me to try to shim down the cross member to lower my CS unit back down closer to stock height. Can somebody measure the bottom of the trans to the cross member using the RS insert? I tossed my stock trans mount in the trash otherwise I would get the insert and compare that way.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Me too...

Back on topic:

With the driveshaft weights that DSS puts on the 8.8 kit driveshafts, it would be very close.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

Me too...

Back on topic:

Nope. The shifter doesn't work with this mount. I had to put it on the top hole, and not the bottom, where it felt the best, because if I put it on the bottom hole, the shifter arm would bang into the driveshaft propeller.

If you need some R&D, hit me up. I was looking at this and was a bit saddened by it. May end up having to trade this shifter for a stocker or something soon.

Quick Reply: Revshift Transmission Mount Review