Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Aftermarket Shifters & Linkage

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Shifters & Linkage

so i've attempted searching multiple times to find this information prior to posting this thread and can't seem to find any info on the subject.

Long story short, my shifter is giving me issues (like most V1's do), its hitting the driveshafter and after a brief inspection it looks like the linkage is bent. Trying to find the best route to take I looked around here and CF for a bit but no real luck there, found a lot of shifters but it looks like the only part that is sold is just the actual stick portion.

Does anyone know where to order an aftermarket shifter that comes with the linkage?

I called the dealer and the only thing they offer is the entire assembly GM #15276076 that is damn near $500.

Thanks everyone for the help in advanced.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

based on this, it looks like UUC makes them. However, that post if from years ago, so you'd have to call to see if they still offer them.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...ter/index.html

hope that helps
Old 12-29-2012, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by I8URSVT
based on this, it looks like UUC makes them. However, that post if from years ago, so you'd have to call to see if they still offer them.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...ter/index.html

hope that helps
The UUC shifter still used the stock shift linkage. Look at those pictures to see if yours looks bent any different than stock (stock was not straight) I am not sure what you would do to bend your stock one.

I am assuming you have an aftermarket/modified shifter? Make sure that the shift cup, (the white plastic pieces) that go around the shifter ball are oriented to put the shifter into the car more. It works fine and gives you driveshaft clearance.

If you do need a new linkage, check ebay, they pop up from time to time. Or find somebody on here parting a car out, i can't imagine they are that popular so there should be several available.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Wuzzy
The UUC shifter still used the stock shift linkage. Look at those pictures to see if yours looks bent any different than stock (stock was not straight) I am not sure what you would do to bend your stock one.

I am assuming you have an aftermarket/modified shifter? Make sure that the shift cup, (the white plastic pieces) that go around the shifter ball are oriented to put the shifter into the car more. It works fine and gives you driveshaft clearance.

If you do need a new linkage, check ebay, they pop up from time to time. Or find somebody on here parting a car out, i can't imagine they are that popular so there should be several available.
Ive been looking around on here for part out and stuff but no luck. I have a stock shifter, car has a lot of milage and I don't believe the bushings were ever replaced? I'll be putting the car on the life when I'm back in town to get a better look. I'll still be hopping to get a UUC shifter when I do replace.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

trans and motor mounts might need to be addressed

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Shifters & Linkage