Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

WTF Ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by sgtdestruction
But this guy has to peel himself out of the car, and then proceeds to re-tuck in his shirt and adjust his belt. Looked like Chris Farley, but with a bit of a weight problem.
That made me LOL.

Originally Posted by DACTARI
Another time I was pulled over with a full-sleeves and neck-tatted, shaved-headed guy next to me, girl in a bikini in the back and another with pink hair, a snake in tank between them and nitrous canisters rolling around the floor, situation SCREAMED probable cause and it was "have a good day, sir".
And so did that.

The officer runs my license and then proceeds to search my entire car, front, back, truck, engine bay.
I would be interested to know what the legal basis for that search was. Part of me wouldn't give a **** - I've got nothing to hide - but part of me would be pretty pissed that my property was submitted to a search with no probable cause because the cop just wanted to be a dick.

After about 20 minutes or so, he comes back, sits in his car (with me still in the back) and **** you not, this is what he said: "Did you put that Corvette engine in your car? You know stuff like that is illegal?"
Me: "I don't understand what you mean by illegal sir. That engine came with the car from the factory"
Officer/Me: ...argue for 2-3 minutes about whether my CTSV came with the engine.
Holy ****, I would've had a field day with him on that!

Officer: "today is your lucky day son. I am not arresting you, but I am writing you a ticket for 'excessive noise' and 'breaking traction'. That car is too loud and should not be on the road"
But then he let you go and continue driving, thereby negating his own argument. What a moron.

Originally Posted by DMM
Example: I had a MD State Trooper pull me over in a damn parking lot b/c I was cutting the lanes, driving past stop lines, and "speeding excessively" as he put it. I have no idea where he was, but he was not in front of me or behind me so there was no way for him to gauge my speed through a parking lot.
Must be a MD thing. I got "pulled over" in my Subaru in a shopping center parking lot about 12:30 one night in Crofton/Gambrills. Had gone to a late movie, stopped at the grocery store on the way home to buy milk. Bigass parking lot, completely empty (turns out the grocery store I thought was 24hr wasn't). I drove diagonally across the lot, cutting across spots and lanes, maybe 30mph. Did the "California roll" through a stop sign, then pulled into a parking space. Cruiser pulls in right behind me and turns his lights on. Like you, I had no idea where the hell he came from, or what he was "stopping" me for.

I had already started to open my door, so I shut my door and waited for him to appear. I'm Navy, so my car has my home state (CT) plates on it. He came to my door and all pissed off said, "Maybe it's OK to drive like an A-hole in Connecticut, but that doesn't fly here in Maryland!!" Yes, he actually said "A-hole" instead of "*******." I almost laughed when I heard that - are you afraid you'll get sent to the principal's office if you actually say "*******"? He gave me a ticket for failure to stop at the stop sign. The whole time I was thinking, "This is the best use of your time on a Friday night, officer?! Giving tickets for a stop sign in an empty parking lot? How many drunks are driving by on Rte 3 right now while you're doing this?"

I told the story to my brother, who's a cop in our hometown, and he was incredulous.

But, for the 1 or 2 bullshit stops I've been subjected to, I've been let off an awful lot of times - often because of the military ID or police connection, but also on a number of occasions just because I was respectful and calm (and didn't even show my ID).
Old 01-03-2013, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My most famous stop was on New Years day (not this one) when I had my RD400 (Yamaha two stroke bat out of hell, modified to ****, of course).

I had no mirrors (cafe racer full fairing setup) and wasn't interested in what was behind me.

Over 120 and the cops had their guns out (liquor store robbery they said) after they pulled me over.

One cop wanted to take the bike for a drive and was making fun of his partner (he was blowing smoke out of his K1000 after the "chase").

They appreciated that I wasn't running from them after I told them I had a gear left!

The cop was real nice and knocked it down to 75 in a 45.

He told me i was "pushing my luck" when I asked him to change it to 65.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that's some harassment, I would fight that one. I fight everything through pre-paid legal, since I signed up with them every ticket including my tint tickets were all dropped!

That said it would be anarchy of the streets if there were no popo so I respect what they do.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

My V is the first car that ever got me into and then right back out of trouble with the law. I was on my way home from work and got on it a little bit as some slow *** people cleared out from in front of me. (I was also going thru a small tunnel and it sounds so good when I get to open it up a little!) Needless to say I didn't see the State Trooper a few cars back. I was about to pull into a gas station anyway when he lit me up so I pulled into a corner out of the way and shut it off, windows down, hands where he can see them, etc. He walked up and asked the obvious "You didn't see me did you?" Nope. Was honest and said I had no real excuse, just trying to get home after a long day at work. He ran my licence quick just to make sure I wasn't a chronic offender/serial killer and let me go. Said he was a gearhead himself with a modded G8 and that he "couldn't say he hasn't done the same thing once or twice." I was amazed. I pulled up to a pump and he pulled his cruiser along side and we chatted for a minute about our cars and mods we have before he took off. Cool dude.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If neither ticket adds points to your license, I'd just pay em, vs paying a lawyer to fight em. If they do, i'd fight it. Better to pay a higher fee with no points then to pay for points every month over a long period of time.

I've had to argue 2 cops once because they didn't believe I had a Corvette engine and they continued to say it was illegally and unsafely inserted, and that I had non-stock mufflers. (I do have stock mufflers, just with cutouts, but they couldn't tell that. LOL)

I also had a moment around my way when a cop pulled me over and was like 'You've got exhaust dumps on that thing? Open it up.' I played dumb for a while and then he said 'I'm not trying to break your ***** on anything, dude. I just want to hear it.' and since I had the camera rolling in the car already, I opened up the cutouts, and revved it and he was like 'bad ***!' and they were asking if it was fast and if i had any other mods done to it. Then they left. Never saw them again, and that was over a year ago. LOL
Old 01-03-2013, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by odthetruth
If neither ticket adds points to your license, I'd just pay em, vs paying a lawyer to fight em. If they do, i'd fight it. Better to pay a higher fee with no points then to pay for points every month over a long period of time.
No points against...so I agree...I got caught...I can live with it. $124 mistake...

WTF Ticket!-photo-5-.jpg
Old 01-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Only ticket in the V was 86 in a 70. No way I am going to bad mouth a cop. Unless I want to get beat on the side of the road or shot cause they think I'm reaching for something. SMH
Old 01-03-2013, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

This is my 3rd in the V in the past 8 months. 85 in a 55 and 88 in a 70. Time to invest in some radar/laser tech. Tax return here I come.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my 3rd in the V in the past 8 months. 85 in a 55 and 88 in a 70. Time to invest in some radar/laser tech. Tax return here I come.
85 in a 55, ouch. How much points did that one cost you?
V1 seems to be the best from what I've seen. I currently have a Beltronix RX65 and it hasn't steered me wrong. I know its cliche when it comes to radar detectors, but this one has easily paid for itself in dodged tickets. Of course, none of this stops lidar, and once that detector goes off on the lidar, you've got maybe .5 of a second before that speed is picked up.

Best way to avoid cops is to slow down when going over hills, watch for corners under bridges, and just generally be attentive. Luck never hurts, either. LOL
Old 01-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by odthetruth
85 in a 55, ouch. How much points did that one cost you?
V1 seems to be the best from what I've seen. I currently have a Beltronix RX65 and it hasn't steered me wrong. I know its cliche when it comes to radar detectors, but this one has easily paid for itself in dodged tickets. Of course, none of this stops lidar, and once that detector goes off on the lidar, you've got maybe .5 of a second before that speed is picked up.

Best way to avoid cops is to slow down when going over hills, watch for corners under bridges, and just generally be attentive. Luck never hurts, either. LOL
I have the same radar detector and it has saved me numerous times. Most cops around here use Ka band.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Every speeding ticket I have ever received was from lidar. That's why I'm not bothering with a detector. Once it detects lidar, you're screwed anyway. Now, a jammer would be worth the money if you drove a lot...
Old 01-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

Sounds like a scene from Super Troopers. He was probably at the doughnut shop 15 minutes later telling his buddies: And then I said............ as they all

Quick Reply: WTF Ticket!