Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Black Cts-v For Sale In South Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Black Cts-v For Sale In South Jersey

I Just Stoped By My Local Dealer In Woodbury Nj

They Have A Nice New Cts-v

$$$ Is Msrp No Mark Up!!!

Just A Heads Up
Old 04-25-2004, 05:11 AM
Teching In

Unhappy NOT in Northern Jersey!

My dealer in northern Jersey just quoted me a 7.4% markup ($54,995), citing "There are very few made, they are selling for Fair Market Value, and very few dealers even have these in stock." Having seen your email, when I told him that I have another NJ dealer who'll sell it to me at MSRP, he actually stood firm on his asking price. This surprised me. He either didn't believe me or he assumes this other dealer doesn't have any in stock (in his stock he claims to have "a few"), and that, if I really want it, I'll have to pay his price anyway. I guess he also thinks, if I don't buy from him at his price, they'll always be somebody else who will.

Does this make sense to anybody? These dealerships are only 30 miles apart!
Old 04-25-2004, 05:19 AM
Teching In

Unhappy NOT in Northern Jersey!

I forgot to mention something that may be influencing his psychology. I bought the Luxury Sports CTS (with special 18" Vogue Sentinal wheels) from the same dealer in January and I really like it, so he knows how much I really want the V-Series to give up the new car so quickly. (I know, I should have just gotten the V in the first place, but that's water under the bridge.)
Old 04-25-2004, 05:23 AM
Teching In

Nice car - too bad im not near you
Old 04-26-2004, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Smile

Victory! I just wanted to let you know that, after not budging on his price initially, the salesman spoke to the owner, who said he remembered me from January, when I got the standard CTS. The owner told him to give me MSRP, so I've just saved 7.4% on the original asking price. Any chance the salesman will want to make up for this on what he'll offer for the trade in (which he hasn't given me yet)?

Question for those who are more technically involved than I am, which would include just about all of you! I bought the original CTS with special Vogue Sentinal wheels and Falken FK-451 tires. They're 18" x 8" and I know the V comes with 18" x 8.5" alloy wheels. Would it make sense for me to keep my wheels for the V or is the half inch too much to give up?

Thanks again.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 04-27-2004, 12:09 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JJOC
Victory! I just wanted to let you know that, after not budging on his price initially, the salesman spoke to the owner, who said he remembered me from January, when I got the standard CTS. The owner told him to give me MSRP, so I've just saved 7.4% on the original asking price. Any chance the salesman will want to make up for this on what he'll offer for the trade in (which he hasn't given me yet)?

Question for those who are more technically involved than I am, which would include just about all of you! I bought the original CTS with special Vogue Sentinal wheels and Falken FK-451 tires. They're 18" x 8" and I know the V comes with 18" x 8.5" alloy wheels. Would it make sense for me to keep my wheels for the V or is the half inch too much to give up?

Thanks again.
Keep the wheels that come on the V.

Quick Reply: Black Cts-v For Sale In South Jersey