Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

what are all the bushings in the rear?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RADEoN
do i need two?
Yup

For Shock Mount, something like this? (albeit a bit on the pricey side)

http://texas-speed.com/p-2079-pfadt-...aring-kit.aspx
Old 02-01-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by etcts-v
Were can someone such as myself obtain one of these spherical rear shock mounts you speak of?
PADFT used to make them,and AST makes them for the C5, but won't sell them without a whole ******* suspension (the C5 mount works in the V).

I contacted a vendor about them, but got accused of trying to rip off (WTF?) their design.

http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info...roducts_id=486

I was thinking of getting some sets made given these vendors are just not co-operating.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by heavymetals
PADFT used to make them,and AST makes them for the C5, but won't sell them without a whole ******* suspension (the C5 mount works in the V).

I contacted a vendor about them, but got accused of trying to rip off (WTF?) their design.

I was thinking of getting some sets made given these vendors are just not co-operating.
Ahh so they go on top of the shock where it mounts to the body. Interesting! I'd be in on a buy if you can track one down for our rides.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ahh so they go on top of the shock where it mounts to the body. Interesting! I'd be in on a buy if you can track one down for our rides.
Honestly, I though someone like CS would make one by now.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The shock mount could be skipped until you wer installing new shock though.....or atleast thats how I would do it. They should easily last the life of the shock?

And on the rear diff bushing has anyone already changed them? Are they worth doing? Possibly welding them shut and make it solid? Im curios because this is the first I have heard of them and I just put in my CS 8.8.

Also no one has mention the bushing on the lower shock mount yet? CS makes a set. https://creative-steel.com/store/ind...ct_detail&p=34
Old 02-01-2013, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got rid of that when I installed the KW's
Old 02-01-2013, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

I'm thinking about dropping my cradle to replace every bushing back there. I know I have the four cradle bushings, front and rear differential bushing (that I'm having trouble finding the rear online after about a 2 second look on revshifts website), and trailing arm bushings. What else would I need to order? I'd like to get everything ordered before I start tearing into it.
Upper control arm bushings. Lower control arm bushings. Lower shock bushing. Toe link bushings.

Originally Posted by heavymetals

I don't know who you talked to at Vorshlag or how you approached them, but I contacted them last month and they're already working on an upper shock mount. Just got an update on it from their product design guy a few days ago. It'll be another month or so before they have a prototype ready, as the CTS/CTS-V mount is the first mount they're designing with a new bearing retainer, so it's not just a revision of their other mounts. It's been a bit delayed because someone that does design work for them had a premature baby and has been out of the office as a result.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I spoke/emailed them several times (months ago) requesting a replacement for when I break/wear out the PADFT's.

I don't know where the eng got the impression either (six pack lunch probably) that I wanted to "rip off" their design.

All it is: a spherical bearing with a 10mm hole, mounted in a housing that can handle the load.

Not rocket science.

You can search old threads where this was discussed before.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...ks-mods-3.html

Post #52

Last edited by heavymetals; 02-01-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Also no one has mention the bushing on the lower shock mount yet? CS makes a set. https://creative-steel.com/store/ind...ct_detail&p=34
I would put that money toward new shocks.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
I would put that money toward new shocks.
Yes, but that is because you hate CS.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Could never figure out where those went every time I looked at them on cs website, do they go on the stock shock body itself?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

The bottom of the rear shock has an inverted Y design where it attaches to the knuckle, the bushings would go in the knucle and the shock fork over that. I might go ahead and do this now that I remember that they exist....
Attached Thumbnails what are all the bushings in the rear?-ghtp-1301-02-improving-2004-2005-cts-v-rear-differentials-trailing-arm-toe-rod-more.jpg  
Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Yes, but that is because you hate CS.
Having given them about $250, I think I have my attitude toward their product quality isn't entirely unjustified. I will say that their service, on the other hand, is awesome.

Originally Posted by Dmax/04V
The bottom of the rear shock has an inverted Y design where it attaches to the knuckle, the bushings would go in the knucle and the shock fork over that. I might go ahead and do this now that I remember that they exist....
Ah, interesting. I thought that they went elsewhere. That might be worthwhile. I'm contact Revshift as we speak to verify that they're developing one of these. They said earlier that they were planning on replacing every rubber bushing in the suspension. Let's put 'em to the test!

Last edited by FuzzyLog1c; 02-01-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dmax/04V
That's what I suspected but thought I was wrong, good to know! I would also love to hear if revshift has plans for these, however based on my last order with shipping delays and lots of excuses (forgot cradle bushings, shipped everything else) I've kinda lost a little love for revshift.

Creative steel may just be the ticket!
Old 02-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The shock bushings and the rear diff bushings are in the works. We will be replacing all of the rubber bushings as stated before. Our first priority is to keep up with all the orders that we are continuously getting for our current products. Stay tuned though, more parts will be available soon.
That's what I suspected but thought I was wrong, good to know! I would also love to hear if revshift has plans for these, however based on my last order with shipping delays and lots of excuses (forgot cradle bushings, shipped everything else) I've kinda lost a little love for revshift.

Creative steel may just be the ticket!
We didn't forget your cradle bushings! You made a separate order for them with a different delivery address. That is why they didn't come with your other parts.

We have been constantly explaining why there was delays during January. It is because we got behind due to the unexpected high demand of the ctsv bushings. They are difficult to keep on the shelves. We are stepping up production and eliminating the delays.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

revshift, i literally tried calling you 4 times and still haven't gotten a hold of you. i understand you're busy but what gives?

I sent in an order and NEED it here by next saturday, I have a garage scheduled to use their lift...
Old 02-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Banned

revshift, i literally tried calling you 4 times and still haven't gotten a hold of you. i understand you're busy but what gives?

I sent in an order and NEED it here by next saturday, I have a garage scheduled to use their lift...
I haven't been in the shop yet today. I'll be in for a few hours this evening. If you left a message then I'll call you back. You can also email us or pm me on here. Myself (John) and Adam are the ones that answer the phones but, unfortunately, if we are operating a machine or making polyurethane we can't stop to answer the phone every time. That is the nature of being a small production shop. Maybe one day we will have a secretary.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I absolutely understand, I'd just like to know if you could get my order out ASAP. I'm Kevin Zamiskie, I ordered:

Cradle Bushings (red)
Trailing arm bushings (red)
transmission block (red)
Old 02-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Banned

I absolutely understand, I'd just like to know if you could get my order out ASAP. I'm Kevin Zamiskie, I ordered:

Cradle Bushings (red)
Trailing arm bushings (red)
transmission block (red)
I'm sure we can make it happen. I'll look at it once I get to the shop (I'm on my phone right now). Also, just so you know, we only offer the trans insert in blue 80a.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Revshift
I'm sure we can make it happen. I'll look at it once I get to the shop (I'm on my phone right now). Also, just so you know, we only offer the trans insert in blue 80a.
And for what it's worth, I think a 95A transmission mount is too hard.

Quick Reply: what are all the bushings in the rear?