Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

fastest V1 1/4 mi pass?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
why would u say that? there is a v2 in the 9's and tons in the 10's and they out weigh us.

with the power these twin guys r pushin i dont doubt low 10's even 9's at all
It was more of a general community statement. I enjoy watches v1's and v2's goin at it. Yes the v2 is heavier which makes even more awesome that people are doing what they have been with them. Now with all these guys comin out with big number v1's I think it's gunna start to get interesting
Old 03-05-2013, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I had a thread earlier that was how much power to get into the 10's. Seems everyone said high, like 8-900 rwhp. I think with the right tires clutch and driver it could be done with 700 rwhp. Which one day is where I hope to be with my V and a procharger like Bob's there. Only 346 not 408. Lots more to do before that point though!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
First guy to do an auto swap will demolish the record.
I am trying to find a wrecked 2004 that I can auto and solid rear swap for a track car.

Originally Posted by three83'camaro
Mid 11s seems relatively easy, I cant believe that record has held for so long. I should be able to beat that this summer. What are v1s weighing in at? You would think bolt ons cam and a shot of nitrous could get you 11s fairly easy with a sub 2.0 short time.
My buddys TBSS with cam and bolt ons and a 150 shot was a 11.8x truck.
It will be done in Baytown, Texas at Royal Purple Raceway this summer; may not be the first.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vmapper
Skydiver vehicle uses a F-1A procharger mounted to a 408.
Nothing is stock, including the transmission.
864rwph on a mustang dyno at 12.4psi

http://vimeo.com/4192845#at=0
im jelly that his car hooks 3rd like a champ, mine dose not :-(

as to making a tank a race car.
i built my car to have fun with and still pick up my kids from school in, not at all a race car. it could go alot faster if i didnt care about it being a true street car
Old 03-05-2013, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mid 11s seems relatively easy, I cant believe that record has held for so long. I should be able to beat that this summer. What are v1s weighing in at? You would think bolt ons cam and a shot of nitrous could get you 11s fairly easy with a sub 2.0 short time.
My car weighed in at 3970 with 1/2 tank gas.... With me in it 4172... I'm by no means an experienced driver, so with more seat time ill hit 11's for sure... I either get a good launch and bad shifts or vice versa... My car hooks well provided good track prep, so I don't see why these big boys can't hit 10's
Old 03-05-2013, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i made some steps today to go a little faster at the track this year, just ordered my Strange Double Adjustable Coil-Overs which should help get the power down.
im going to see how far i can go on a small tire and the stock IFS before i bite the bullet and do a soild axel and a 4l80e.
the longer i have the car the more willing i am to "make things fit"
-alex
Old 03-05-2013, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by runsfromdacops
i made some steps today to go a little faster at the track this year, just ordered my Strange Double Adjustable Coil-Overs which should help get the power down.
im going to see how far i can go on a small tire and the stock IFS before i bite the bullet and do a soild axel and a 4l80e.
the longer i have the car the more willing i am to "make things fit"
-alex
I am guessing that will be a couple passes at the track...haha.

That much power from a turbo car, with the V1's driveline issues, a 4L80 and SRA will take you car to a whole new level.

My guess, you will run a high (maybe mid) 10 second pass, with a pretty a shitty (comparable to other turbo LS cars) 60' foot time. With a complete drive line swap, I am betting you would make mid to low 9 second pass.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

I could have swore Skydiver once said he ran mid or high 10s but never posted about it because he had misplaced the slip or something along those lines. I fully believe him from what I've seen from his car. I could be mistaken on this, but I remember seeing something like this.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

i built my car to have fun with and still pick up my kids from school in, not at all a race car. it could go alot faster if i didnt care about it being a true street car
and the cool dad award goes to you!
Old 03-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 54inches
It will be done in Baytown, Texas at Royal Purple Raceway this summer; may not be the first.
Let me know when you go, I'll roll with you. Im only 20min away from the track over here off wallisville
Old 03-05-2013, 09:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by odthetruth
I could have swore Skydiver once said he ran mid or high 10s but never posted about it because he had misplaced the slip or something along those lines. I fully believe him from what I've seen from his car. I could be mistaken on this, but I remember seeing something like this.
I could believe that. His car is nasty.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by itsslow98
First guy to do an auto swap will demolish the record.

Wont be me! ill retain my manhood. I'd rather drive a 10 sec stick car than a 9 sec auto car. Any goofball can put it in drive, pull into the beams, and push the gas lol Id much rather row my own gears even if i sacrifice a bit of e.t.

I agree, 11's seem very easy. I had a run in with a newer 600cc bike on the way home tonight from a stoplight and the poor guy couldnt pull away from me for the life of him, even while I had my happy **** turned down to 5psi till I get my fuel system squared away. And I know it doesnt take much to get a 600cc bike well into the 11's... We'll see though I guess as far as weight goes, My car weighed 3990 with me (175lb) and a half tank after my 13.40 pass (lol) back when it was bone stock, all the way down to the paper filter. that was on street tires with a 1.91 60'. I know V2 owners that say a V2 will weigh in around 4500 on the scales.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

THIS ^^^. My car is a daily driver that i take my daughter to day care in and drag the family around in on the weekends. I should have an lsx foxbody in the works soon for the "racecar", The caddy just needed a bit more pep in her step for the daily duties, once it prints 800 ill be happy.

runsfromdacops what do you have for a fuel system?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

well just ordered the back half of the caddy. drive shaft, front and rear double adjustable coilovers, smaller rear break kit, weld 15x12 rts's, 14 bolt solid rear end, all brackets and 4 link bars and joints, 342 gears and and some 28 inch tires. this peared up with the 408 being delivered next week and the trans i had built ill be gunning for the 10's. fingers crossed.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How are u planing to do your sra? 4 link. Triagngelated 4 link? Ladder bars? Are u tubinh the rear? Keepung rear seats?

I need info and pictures stat!!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

How are u planing to do your sra? 4 link. Triagngelated 4 link? Ladder bars? Are u tubinh the rear? Keepung rear seats?

I need info and pictures stat!!!!!
haha i am not the fabricator for this build its my buddys shop and he is the suspension god. i do know it removes the fuel tank and he makes own mounting points. how he plans on doin it i dunno but it will include a mini tub a narrowing of the rear and so on and so forth. i drop the car off at the end of march for him to start workin. ill be posting a thread when parts start showing up
Old 03-05-2013, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will be following iy very closely as its the next step for my car. I have a good idea how id go about it but it would be sweet to see some other peoples ideas on our cars
Old 03-05-2013, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will be following iy very closely as its the next step for my car. I have a good idea how id go about it but it would be sweet to see some other peoples ideas on our cars
Old 03-05-2013, 11:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

just posted a build thread that i will continue to use and update as progress is made
Old 03-05-2013, 11:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ssinister550
Wont be me! ill retain my manhood. I'd rather drive a 10 sec stick car than a 9 sec auto car. Any goofball can put it in drive, pull into the beams, and push the gas lol Id much rather row my own gears even if i sacrifice a bit of e.t.
Lol, if that makes you feel better.

Quick Reply: fastest V1 1/4 mi pass?