Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

fastest V1 1/4 mi pass?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 54inches
Haters gonna hate. I love it.
I am not hating. Just saying. The fastest drag radial LS powered car is IRS. Just saying for the kind of ET's your talking about you really don't need a solid axle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=viklTTmIcjI#! to each his own
Old 03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
So your saying manual valve body autos are manly and as long as it doesnt shift by itself its ok? Im not quite understanding your logic, but I want to get your approval so I can sleep at night. Obviously your out to prove something so make some passes with your man pedal then return with the results. Your looking at setting a record but havent even made a pass yet have you?
No sir, did my turbo build over the winter, before that my best (in the family sedan) was a 13.0/107/1.91 60 on gay 245 street tires with a copy paste tune, muffler delete and k&n drop in lol. Like Ive said this is just the family sedan, that i want to have a bit of fun with.

Not trying to set records with my family sedan lol just proving a point, Most of the fastest drag cars/racers in drag racing prefer a GEARBOX. Not sure where you got the manual valvebody assumption, that would be relative to an AUTOMATIC. All the cars I mentioned have a gearbox, not an automatic.

Are autos fast? yes. Is it easier to go fast with an auto? yes. Is there as much driving involved in an auto as there is a manual? No. Ive driven a high 10 sec n/a camaro with a 4l60, and after the converter hit it was the most boring 10 sec car ever. I've also driven my old low 11 sec camaro that was a stick car. it was a handfull compared to the 10 sec auto car. Hell even my fiance's 12.20 daily driven 6spd gto feels a bit more rowdy down track than the auto car. Do I prefer a manual? yes. Is that the point I was trying to make? yes. Can you go fast with an auto maybe a bit easier? yes. Just not my cup of tea and among REAL drag racers not as respectable IMO, but to each his own. The end.

Back on topic, I didnt start a manual vs auto benchracing thread, just posted a simple question.

Cheers to all that hope to get some v1's a bit higher on the list, best of luck to you all! Mine will probably not get there because I'm keeping my man pedal
Old 03-07-2013, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GREG O.
True.....manuals are junk for drag racing, especially for boosted heavy vehicles....
tell that to Larry Larson, he's been 6.90's at 210+ with a manual in full street trim with stereo system, in dash dvd/nav system, a/c (iirc) and last I read his car (chevy II nova) weighed about 3800, about 30lbs shy of what my v1 weighed bone stock. I've seen the car at a local track too, followed him down the highway when he left.

dude will drive the car to the track, let the tires down and throw some **** outta the trunk, then pull into the lanes and bust off a 6 sec pass. Google Lenco transmission its a manually shifted gearbox, not in any way an auto lol
Old 03-07-2013, 10:06 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Comparing a Lenco to a T56 isn't really making the case you think it does.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DMM
Comparing a Lenco to a T56 isn't really making the case you think it does.
Exactly. Nothing even close to compare.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Forcfed93
Exactly. Nothing even close to compare.
when did i say lenco=t56??? the dude said manuals in heavy boosted cars are junk, I presented an example that proved his statement wrong. Not sure where we got the idea that i said a lenco and a t56 is the same thing...
Old 03-07-2013, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

How is a lenco any different then a manual valve body 4l80, th400 etc?
Old 03-07-2013, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

How is a lenco any different then a manual valve body 4l80, th400 etc?
lmao are you serious? a manual valvebody AUTOMATIC is just that, an automatic with a torque converter. A Lenco is a MANUAL transmission in which gear changes are made by manually moving a lever(s) into the next gear, and this said manual uses a clutch. because it is a manual. for the sake of the last two arguments brought up, A lenco and a t56 are similar in that they are both MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS lol, Just like how a manual v body th400 and a 4l60e are both AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS itsslow98, if a lenco is the same as a manual valvebody th400 then that means essentially a manual valvebody 4l60 is the same as a t56 right? lmao
Old 03-07-2013, 11:30 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry kids not trying to have a pissing contest, as previously stated I didnt start an auto vs manual benchracing thread. I started a thread asking what the fastest v1 pass is and so far looks like it is indeed an 11.60 do we all agree?
Old 03-08-2013, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

11.60 is going down this year.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

But if we're really talking v1 "records" then the cts-vR has it at 11.1
Old 03-08-2013, 12:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ssinister550
lmao are you serious? a manual valvebody AUTOMATIC is just that, an automatic with a torque converter. A Lenco is a MANUAL transmission in which gear changes are made by manually moving a lever(s) into the next gear, and this said manual uses a clutch. because it is a manual. for the sake of the last two arguments brought up, A lenco and a t56 are similar in that they are both MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS lol, Just like how a manual v body th400 and a 4l60e are both AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS itsslow98, if a lenco is the same as a manual valvebody th400 then that means essentially a manual valvebody 4l60 is the same as a t56 right? lmao
You obviously dont know what a Lenco is.....from there site..

With a Lenco,you don't need the clutch to change gears. There are planetary gears inside like an automatic trans. When you toss the levers,you are changing gears just like an automatic trans does on it's own. This allows for very quick gear changes because you never disengage the engine from the trans.

You basically use the clutch one time to move the car, after that you shift without it.LMAO

Fast forward to 2:20
Old 03-08-2013, 01:00 AM
Launching!

11.60 is definitely going down, I am gonna be in the 10's at mile high altitude...
Old 03-08-2013, 01:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
But if we're really talking v1 "records" then the cts-vR has it at 11.1
Originally Posted by B_ROCKS_IT
11.60 is definitely going down, I am gonna be in the 10's at mile high altitude...
There are a few guys in this trhead that are gonna be one upping each other this year. I look forward to seeing it.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This will be a good year at the strip for the V1s. Who is going to end up on top at the end of the summer?
Old 03-08-2013, 01:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by runsfromdacops
This will be a good year at the strip for the V1s. Who is going to end up on top at the end of the summer?

My plan is the 8.8 from CS, 285 DR's and a quick learning curve as I have never ran at the strip before. Problem is I am also going to have to do a rollcage... To do it right for the four door is not going to be cheap. But I think 10's are definitely possible.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:59 AM
11 Second Club

You obviously dont know what a Lenco is.....from there site..

With a Lenco,you don't need the clutch to change gears. There are planetary gears inside like an automatic trans. When you toss the levers,you are changing gears just like an automatic trans does on it's own. This allows for very quick gear changes because you never disengage the engine from the trans.

You basically use the clutch one time to move the car, after that you shift without it.LMAO

Fast forward to 2:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zx54zjDU4s
I most definately know what a lenco is sir, we have customers that use them in their pro mod and NHRA top sportsman cars (6 sec cars), Please quote where i said you use a clutch to shift gears your a special feller arent you? I said that a lenco is a manual transmission that uses a clutch, not a converter, and its gears are shifted manually. Yes it is most definately a clutchless MANUAL transmission in that you use a clutch to leave (not a converter), as is the liberty 5 speed used in NHRA pro stock and in Jud the SAM racing orange camaro. This still means you have to tune the clutch in order to get it to leave efficiently, and you still have to shift gears MANUALLY hence the name MANUAL transmission (not automatic). My argument was that these transmissions are in no way similar to manual valvebody AUTOMATIC trans as you implied. Never said gear changes were made using a clutch. I (unlike you obviously) have been around actual race cars that use these high end MANUAL transmissions. You sir, are apparently the one that is just now learning about them Now for the third time, I didnt start an auto vs manual benchracing thread. the end.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can't compete with with all these twin guys but I have set a goal of 11.5 this year off spray. Then spray 3rd and 4th once I get my launch and everything buttoned up. I hope some of u guys break low 10's! I don't see why not with a little practice.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:32 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
I can't compete with with all these twin guys but I have set a goal of 11.5 this year off spray. Then spray 3rd and 4th once I get my launch and everything buttoned up. I hope some of u guys break low 10's! I don't see why not with a little practice.
Agreed. I'm just hoping to crack into the 11's. I just got a set of heads, now trying to decide on one of three almost identical cams to go with.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DMM
Agreed. I'm just hoping to crack into the 11's. I just got a set of heads, now trying to decide on one of three almost identical cams to go with.
Get that rear cradle secured and sticky tires... you'll crack 11's

Quick Reply: fastest V1 1/4 mi pass?