Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2014 CTS-V?? Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2015 cts-v is going to be a bad ****! I see potential in the new design (mostly that the V2 prices will be dropping). i'm 60% sure it will be a TT V8 with over 600HP and target the S65 amg & M5...
Old 04-02-2013, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Front end looks a bit volvo'ish to me and I hate volvos. Not bad for a luxury look though, i'm sure the v will look way better and still have the big chrome mesh grille we all love. Looks nice but a bit too old-manish to me...Think they are going to lose out on a lot of the younger clientele with this one
Old 04-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Launching!

At this point I would rather have the ATS with 550 HP.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:26 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's up with the Silverado/Sierra/Dodge Ram style grille? Damn thing is huge.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:30 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
The 2015 cts-v is going to be a bad ****! I see potential in the new design (mostly that the V2 prices will be dropping). i'm 60% sure it will be a TT V8 with over 600HP and target the S65 amg & M5...
The V2's make 600 hp with just a CAI and a tune..something that will no longer be possible with the encryption now being implemented.

I see everything coming down the pipe losing favor in the following years since nobody will be able to crack into the computers. Either that, or they'll be installing MS3 as a standalone LOL.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DMM
The V2's make 600 hp with just a CAI and a tune..something that will no longer be possible with the encryption now being implemented.

I see everything coming down the pipe losing favor in the following years since nobody will be able to crack into the computers. Either that, or they'll be installing MS3 as a standalone LOL.
They have said that about a lot of past computers/electronics but as always there will be someone who hacks it if the demand is there.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DMM
... something that will no longer be possible with the encryption now being implemented ...
THAT would be tragic, no doubt.

Originally Posted by Onefast V
They have said that about a lot of past computers/electronics but as always there will be someone who hacks it if the demand is there.
But, forget $400-500 tunes. The successful hackers will charge a bundle, no doubt.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rand49er
At somewhere in the 3,700-3,800 lbs area, a 600-ish hp Gen 3 CTS-V is going to rock.
99% sure the new V's will be over 4K. Once you start adding SC/TC parts, the weight goes up.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1BDHWK
99% sure the new V's will be over 4K. Once you start adding SC/TC parts, the weight goes up.
3,616 lbs was what came from GM the other day. Of course, that's no doubt assuming the lightest motor (2.0T?).

Would an LT1 with a TVS sitting on top plus a beefier tranny add nearly 400 lbs?
Old 04-03-2013, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rand49er
3,616 lbs was what came from GM the other day. Of course, that's no doubt assuming the lightest motor (2.0T?).

Would an LT1 with a TVS sitting on top plus a beefier tranny add nearly 400 lbs?
That does seem like a lot of weight, but it adds up quick. I think it will be in the ~4000 range. But that's still not bad for the amount of HP the V will potentially have. The extra weight of my wagon makes for a nice ride. And it will no doubt, smoke a lot of cars, even with its hefty weight.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:30 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Onefast V
There was an alleged powertrain engineer that worked on the latest LTx series posting in the newest GEN V section, he seemed very knowledgeable. What he described is not the same as what Chrysler implemented, and is actual random bit encryption...which if implemented will not be cracked.

Hell, even the Govt nerd herd has yet to crack PGP 4...and that's open source.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DMM
... actual random bit encryption...which if implemented will not be cracked ...
Can't you say anything positive?
Old 04-06-2013, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DMM
There was an alleged powertrain engineer that worked on the latest LTx series posting in the newest GEN V section, he seemed very knowledgeable. What he described is not the same as what Chrysler implemented, and is actual random bit encryption...which if implemented will not be cracked.

Hell, even the Govt nerd herd has yet to crack PGP 4...and that's open source.

My friend tunes GM's for a living and he laughed when I brought this up. He's not worried.

Being relative to my field I'm looking at it from a earnings perspective and this is how I see it.

The automotive companies are missing out on billions of dollars being spent on their brand cars through aftermarket parts purchases, installations, tuning, retuning ect. The big 3, GM, Ford, Chrysler are at a competitive disadvantage selling cars because of pensions and union wages they have to pay. So they're motivated to recoup some capital. They have the largest base of people (in the US) modding their cars, which means they're eating a ton of extra warranty repairs. Many dealerships look the other way on modded vehicles because they want the work, know the owner, know the tuner ect.

So if the car companies want a piece of that pie (and I think they do) they'll figure out a way to get it. Start with making it so that you or an outside party can't tune the car. Now it only can be done at a dealership (or by some approved shop paying them a cut) but you'll have to buy the factory after market parts house or factory approved parts, which their technicians will probably have to instal. There are multiple ways they could do it. It will suck for the industry but capitalism is unforgiving.

It will probably take years since the industry is slow to adapt to anything. None of the companies want to be the first to do it because they'll be alienating their customers. They would be stupid not to try.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DMM
On that note, the same thing was said for the LML series duramax (2011-now) for a couple years. It took almost three years for tuners to figure it out but they did. Heck even EFI Live gave up on the LML ECM's and TCM's, there are some resourceful tuners out there who will find a way because they money is there if they do.

Quick Reply: 2014 CTS-V?? Ugly