Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Engine is TOAST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 54inches
DEMAND a new engine from GM. Throw a fit. This is BS.
Agreed. Classic case of penny wise, pound foolish.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to dealership yesterday, only for us to be told by the warranty company to leave a voicemail with their parts department.

So I have some time carved out this afternoon to call the warranty company to discuss options.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

I work at a dealership and that is becoming the common practice for the extended warranty companies to go with the remans, I cant believe the core charges either, I had a LS2 go boom and I thought about buying it for my last car and the $1200 core blew my mind, Its crazy you got one with the seriel numbers ground off though. I agree about the asking nicely for the crate engine and I hope you have a rental to toy around with
Old 05-30-2013, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

So I contacted the warranty company yesterday and after 1.5 hours with 2 separate agents, I got absolutely nowhere. I expressed my concerns about the quality of the engine, the mismatched parts, removed serial number, etc. but got off the phone feeling worse than I did before the call.

So...I received a call from the dealership this morning and apparently, my voice was somewhat heard. As of yesterday, Dahmer was sending out a tech in the next few days to check their engine to see if it qualified to be replaced under warranty. However, as of this morning, my warranty company has called a halt to everything until they can substantiate my concerns and the build quality of Dahmer engines.

So...still waiting, but at least a bit more positive than I was yesterday.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously I would be pissed... If anything I would demand my money back from the warranty company for the warranty and get to work rebuilding the stock motor. Sleeve it with some darton action and put a big more kit in there. My warranty was like $3k and if they tried this **** with me I would have a lawyer write a letter to get my money back or a brand new comparable gm crate motor in there. Its not really all the dealer's fault. They are trying to work with the warranty company. The warranty company needs to get their head out of their ***
Old 06-03-2013, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Warranty company is still "reviewing" the claim and after multiple calls to them, I cannot make it past their service desk, who refuse to work with me or let me speak to anyone that can assist with working with me.

So...still waiting. At least the V isn't racking up miles...lol.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

I'd go bat ****, and let them know you won't settle for any more of their sketchy motors from this company or that and that you would kindly just like to get that new GM ls2 and be done with it. Seriously though, I hope it works out for you man!
Old 06-04-2013, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Depending on what was up with the original block, they could have not done proper bearing measurements, immediately spinning a rod bearing and throwing the loose rod through the block.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

So I had a conference call with the dealer and the warranty company this morning. I expressed my concerns, re-iterated to the warranty company that I have had 4 separate vehicles with their warranty in the past 6 years (I love getting cars but get bored easily). They finally agreed that due to everything that has gone wrong with this engine replacement, to get a re-man GM engine.

So, Gm is having one shipped in and should have it back from them in the next week or so.

This has been a frustrating and annoying experience, but glad that it is close to the end and the outcome worked out.

Thanks everyone for hanging with me on this.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ yay a good for you dude... I'm glad they finally ponied up and did right for you.

Quick Reply: Engine is TOAST!!!