Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Questions on tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 05:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on tuners?

Howdy all,

I did the search thing , maybe im looking it up wrong,

But I would like to get either a plug and play or find a good tuner. My 05 is stock and most likely will stay that way. I may do a CAI but that is it. Its a daily driver and I really don't want a loud exhaust or drone .

Is a plug in play tuner something I should be interested or should I go to a real tuner , I know there are a few on Long Island , I really don't know how good they are . if anyone has any suggestions id like to hear them.
im just looking to optimiz what the car has. Is it even worth it?

Thanks,
Eric
Old 05-23-2013, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a real tuner. I'd go with one you've seen many V1s and LSx based cars at. I went with TuneTime performance in NJ.

I have headers, catdelete, and tune. stock airbox with custom tubing.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

honestly if your leaving the car stock,i wouldnt waste the money for the 10-15hp
Old 05-23-2013, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
honestly if your leaving the car stock,i wouldnt waste the money for the 10-15hp
Thats true. Didn't notice he mentioned that.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

Yea. I wouldn't bother with the tune if its stock
Old 05-23-2013, 06:01 PM
Teching In

I realize that their isn't much to gain in power. But wouldn't something help with the slow throttle response being its fly by wire. it doesn't really respond true . I would also think their is some low end and mid performance to gain, but since I haven't built any F.i. cars in the last 25 years , i really don't know if their is anything to gain. everything i've built is carbed.
anyone else have any input. or is it really not worth it at all.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ENDL98
Howdy all,

I did the search thing , maybe im looking it up wrong,

But I would like to get either a plug and play or find a good tuner. My 05 is stock and most likely will stay that way. I may do a CAI but that is it. Its a daily driver and I really don't want a loud exhaust or drone .

Is a plug in play tuner something I should be interested or should I go to a real tuner , I know there are a few on Long Island , I really don't know how good they are . if anyone has any suggestions id like to hear them.
im just looking to optimiz what the car has. Is it even worth it?

Thanks,
Eric
The first mod I did was cold air induction and I could feel a difference in the seat of the paints performance. A ported (by Shaner) would give you the added throttle response you are looking for. Add a real tune, while you won't see a big hp gain, the feel of the is night and day.

PS. Long tube headers, high flow cats and the stock exhaust is almost stock in sound.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by trujy2k
PS. Long tube headers, high flow cats and the stock exhaust is almost stock in sound.
'Tis true. I did that first, then decided that I wanted more sound and added the catback.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly if u find a really good tuner then yes with some work he can get the tables lined up better.. But like the guys above said.. There's really no gains for the 5-600 bucks ur gonna spend on a tune. If put headers, no cats with the stock catback.. It sound exactly like stock and you'll pick up a good 20-25hp and good mid range with the tune. Most make around 365-380 whp respectively. Then it's worth the money for the tune.

Quick Reply: Questions on tuners?