Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

5.3/4.8 intake gasket for Maggie

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 5.3/4.8 intake gasket for Maggie

Rather than continue taking the other thread where this was discussed off topic I wanted to start a new thread. Can anyone who has used these before please take a look at this link and confirm that they look correct? I will have to have them ordered in and want to make sure before ordering. Thanks. http://www.fme-cat.com/overlays/part...=#.UaORDUMifxd
Old 05-27-2013, 07:52 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, those are correct. You will have to grind away parts of the ends and the connectors in the middle. It's not too hard at all, grind then test fit until you're done. I think I have an old one laying around somewhere I can shoot you a pic of, but those are what you need.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for confirming that DMM, appreciate it pard. I've never seen the supplied gaskets before as the blower was already on the car when I bought it. Need to remove it to replace the knock sensors.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is probably too late but if you never had the blower off, how do you know which gaskets it uses. Yes, some come with this gasket, I used it a few weeks ago. But some of the Maggies used stock gaskets.
Anyway, I had my Maggie off a few times before needing a new gasket.
Good luck
Old 06-06-2013, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

No not too late Twitch, thanks for chiming in. I wasn't aware that they used two different types of gasket, only that Magnusson claimed to use a "custom" gasket. I didn't put mine on nor have I ever had it off so I don't know what mine has. My Maggie has the older style pulley but also has the carbon shaft so maybe middle of the road as far as age goes?

Quick Reply: 5.3/4.8 intake gasket for Maggie