Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Pacesetter headers installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I've seen they are very similar. I've had 2 ls2 gtos and making 400 rwhp on only bolt ons is really tough. You need EVERY bolt in including a fast manifold and really good tune, and you might hit 400. The gtos have irs as well, pretty much the same drivetrain. Baby cam will get you there with LTs and a good tune
Old 06-23-2013, 01:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

So i found some accel spark plug boot insulators. Ill see how they hold up for me. Anybody have them on theres?
Old 07-14-2013, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I am about to do mine too. I have been trying to find some good feedback on boots as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

What about using the stock little Al. boots on the wires?

I went with the Pacesetter Alumnacoat.
I also got the off-road extensions.
MSD Wires.
ACDelco 41-110 plugs.
6.0 Truck Starter.
Revshift Motor Mounts.

Anything else I should consider while I have it apart?

What gaskets do you guys suggest?

I already have a tune and no rear O2s, so what is the consensus on:

1. needing an additional tune
2. O2 extensions
3. HP/TQ numbers after the install.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 54inches
What gaskets do you guys suggest?

I already have a tune and no rear O2s, so what is the consensus on:

1. needing an additional tune
2. O2 extensions
3. HP/TQ numbers after the install.
new OEM gaskets, i have reused mine 2 times already

Is your car tuned for "off road extensions"? I got my retuned, a street tune not dyno, after i put in "off road" pipes and it really woke the car up and my gas mpg went up 1-2 maybe that was just the superior tune, descreened the MAf but i doubt that did anything
Old 07-14-2013, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My LS2 ran just fine with the kooks headers on the stock pcm... I now have a W4M tune and it dyno'd a little lean on the top end (which he has offered to re-tune for free once I have time to ship it in). The car runs great with the mail order tune as well. I do have their high-flow cats though.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im running the pacesetters on the stock tune for the time being. No O2' extensions needed. However the headers pushed my stock catback 2-3 inches past the bumper and I couldnt get the driver side to mesh/seal up right so I had a shop cut the off road extensions and weld the joint directly to the headers. Exhuast now sits factory again
Old 07-15-2013, 09:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
new OEM gaskets, i have reused mine 2 times already

Is your car tuned for "off road extensions"? I got my retuned, a street tune not dyno, after i put in "off road" pipes and it really woke the car up and my gas mpg went up 1-2 maybe that was just the superior tune, descreened the MAf but i doubt that did anything
Offroad extensions are just connectors, so that does not matter. I will be running cats behind these connectors, but thank you for the comment.

Originally Posted by cgroh89
Im running the pacesetters on the stock tune for the time being. No O2' extensions needed. However the headers pushed my stock catback 2-3 inches past the bumper and I couldnt get the driver side to mesh/seal up right so I had a shop cut the off road extensions and weld the joint directly to the headers. Exhuast now sits factory again
I will be cutting up the exhaust and rewelding since I am putting my hiflow cats in, so I should not have a problem; thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Pacesetter headers installed