Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

I thought you guys might like this.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013 | 02:31 PM
TECH Resident

Looks awesome. You should try some camo designs like the urban digi. You using duracoat or what kind of paint? (sorry if I missed that in one of your posts)
Old 06-11-2013 | 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

I am working my way into that.
Old 06-11-2013 | 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

54inches Do you carry your gun in the CTS-V?
I carry my gun in my car but I need a better location.

Right now I'm working on a location in between the carpet and the center console (Still working on it). I have a fully size S&W M&P 9MM. I will get a compact later this year.
Old 06-11-2013 | 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Damn! Looks good man! A buddy of mine is just starting doing this as well. When he gets a little "better" at it I'm gonna let him do my AR15. Probably do an o.d. green and black theme.
Old 06-11-2013 | 10:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stone17

Right now I'm working on a location in between the carpet and the center console (Still working on it). I have a fully size S&W M&P 9MM. I will get a compact later this year.
Pm me.

Originally Posted by D Block
Damn! Looks good man! A buddy of mine is just starting doing this as well. When he gets a little "better" at it I'm gonna let him do my AR15. Probably do an o.d. green and black theme.
Thanks!

Cool. These are my first items an i nailed it. I have decided i am going to start doing this on the side for some extra cash.
Old 06-11-2013 | 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 54inches
With all of the great ARs out there; there is no reason to build one, unless you already own one. I am going to build me an AR pistol once prices come down. I would buy an off the shelf from a good name, so you have that warranty.

Building will not save you any money, at least right now it won't.

I do know that fitting pieces together for ARs can be somewhat of a task if you don't know what you are doing.
Here in Maryland, after October we will no longer be able to buy ARs or the lowers. Right now buying stripped lowers is the only way ill have more then 2 ARs in the future. You can definetly piece together a better and more fitting AR for cheaper then buying a complete one. ARs are like cars, you buy them stock and then you blow a ton of money making them how you want them.
Old 06-11-2013 | 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LAYGO
I dunno that I'd be brave enough to reveal that I own a HiPoint!
I have to agree.

I'd buy another piece of Kel-Tec junk before ever buying a HiPoint.

And if someone is stupid enough to leave a kimber laying around that costs that much, then they were too stupid enough to have it in the first place.

-meaty
Old 06-11-2013 | 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
We just finished an m4 pistol for my dad. Its pretty nice. Mine is going to be finished soon. I'm going floating 16 inch barrel, magpul furniture, accurized upper received face... Should be pretty awesome. Here is a picture of my dad's we are into it about $800... 7.5 inch floating barrel quad forend, and a hogue grip I think on his. Pretty sweet gun. When I'm with him we shoot it with my lower with a collapsable stock I have a badge so no one asks questions... In California if he is shooting it, its considered class 3 and its a felony lol... Stupid ******* politicians in this state need to choke on a bag of dicks

Yea I actually like hi point. Its not a bad gun at all. My carry gun is a H&K P2000 but that's what my agency issues so I don't have a choice. I would rather carry a 1911. But my gun is either on my hip or in a safe so I don't have to leave it in the car ever.

Edit: Here is my lonely ol lower waiting for parts for the upper... I have a magpul grip but at the time of assembly all I had was this standard m4 gril so in the intrest of finishing the guts of the lower I went ahead and assembled it with the stock grip for now

you do know that by putting your lower on it your the one committing a felony. law enforcement or not the lower needs to have a stamp and registred as a SBR.
not that i care but i wouldnt post **** like that in these crazy times we live in. just more fuel to the anti gun BS
Old 06-12-2013 | 01:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stone17

I carry my G21 when I'm home and when I'm driving around I just shove it on the side of the seat right next to the seat belt buckle, but I never leave it in the car. I'm going to try to get a compact as well, it's too uncomfortable concealing a full size glock.
Old 06-12-2013 | 06:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thefullmonty_07
I carry my G21 when I'm home and when I'm driving around I just shove it on the side of the seat right next to the seat belt buckle, but I never leave it in the car. I'm going to try to get a compact as well, it's too uncomfortable concealing a full size glock.
Can you guys still open carry in Arizona?

I need to get my CHL
Old 06-12-2013 | 08:21 AM
On The Tree

Looks good man,I like it.
I have been wanting to paint some mags like that.
Old 06-12-2013 | 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Here in Maryland, after October we will no longer be able to buy ARs or the lowers. Right now buying stripped lowers is the only way ill have more then 2 ARs in the future. You can definetly piece together a better and more fitting AR for cheaper then buying a complete one. ARs are like cars, you buy them stock and then you blow a ton of money making them how you want them.
That sucks! For ME, it is cheaper to get full guns than piece ANY AR together.

Originally Posted by runsfromdacops
you do know that by putting your lower on it your the one committing a felony. law enforcement or not the lower needs to have a stamp and registred as a SBR.
not that i care but i wouldnt post **** like that in these crazy times we live in. just more fuel to the anti gun BS
Are you sure about that. Since he built it, it is now a AOR, not a SBR. A SBR is bought as a fullsize and then changed out to a SBR, that is what makes it illegal. IF you piece it together, then it is an AOR.

I will check the rules tonight......

Originally Posted by jsnm
Looks good man,I like it.
I have been wanting to paint some mags like that.
Thanks bud!
Old 06-12-2013 | 09:31 AM
TECH Regular

It does NOT need a stamp if it meets the following criteria;

1) That lower was never part of a rifle;
2) it doesn't have what the ATF considers a stock;
3) the state he resides in allows for "pistol" style carbines;
4) he does not install a forward grip of any kind. Hand stops are considered okay, VFG's and AFG's are not. Funny story, the AFG installed backward is legal.

#1 is hard for the ATF to prove, unless you have a serial of an original purchase as a complete rifle, but #2 and #3 are definitely important, as is #4.

The ATF is a ******* work of art as far as disasters go.
Old 06-12-2013 | 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

That is what I thought.
Old 06-12-2013 | 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lol its a 'pistol' the laws are so stupid about it. But either way you are right. But I said no one asks questions... I never said its legal. Either way I'm usually careful about where and when I shoot that thing with my lower. Next time I go to weapons quals I'm gonna put it on a full auto lower from a work gun... That ought to be fun lol.
Old 06-12-2013 | 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Just noticed you were from Cali, so the State laws are stricter than the feds...lol...I am still going to post up the Stamp laws tonight....if i remember...
Old 06-12-2013 | 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I'm here in commifornia. I'm a fed though so I can kind of skate around some rules sometimes.

Edit: this state sucks so bad that companies aren't sending stuff for law enforcement here because of state laws. Its crazy how bad this state has become and how much these politicians are walking all over the rights of the people. It won't last forever though.

Last edited by ryridesmotox; 06-12-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-12-2013 | 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

Yea I'm here in commifornia. I'm a fed though so I can kind of skate around some rules sometimes.

Edit: this state sucks so bad that companies aren't sending stuff for law enforcement here because of state laws. Its crazy how bad this state has become and how much these politicians are walking all over the rights of the people. It won't last forever though.
You are more than Welcome in Texas anytime. I have some connections in Real Estate and Law Enforcement, a little, so let me know if you ever want to come out and I will get the welcoming committee together.....
Old 06-12-2013 | 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 54inches
You are more than Welcome in Texas anytime. I have some connections in Real Estate and Law Enforcement, a little, so let me know if you ever want to come out and I will get the welcoming committee together.....
Lol thanks. I might have to take you up on that before Texas secedes from the union. In all seriousness though if this state gets much worse I am probably going to transfer out... Either AZ or TX are my first choices
Old 06-12-2013 | 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We just finished an m4 pistol for my dad. When I'm with him we shoot it with my lower with a collapsable stock I have a badge so no one asks questions...
this is whats against the law in a big way.

yes i know its a pistol.
but when you put a stock on it your fucked.
the only legal way to do that is if you a class 7 dealer and you have your SOT

-alex

Quick Reply: I thought you guys might like this.....