Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Important Question regarding shifter

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 01:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Important Question regarding shifter

I've got one of the AZN shifters (similar to the PISNUOFF shifter).

My question is... I've seen people remove the small metal piece with the 2 bushings for a larger bolt and bolt the shifter into the fork like that. I want to know what size bolt I can run thru the shifter without banging into anything, and make it a snug fit.

I'm going to be readjusting the shifter and the cup this weekend, and figured since I was there, I might as well change that out to something sturdy. The setup there now is a POS and the bushings are falling apart.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would talk to pisnuoff and pick up his delrin bushings and stainless pivot tube rather than go with a larger bolt. I picked up the set to go with my katech shifter for $75 shipped, a little pricey but its solid and I know it'll last.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:09 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ravenls6v
I would talk to pisnuoff and pick up his delrin bushings and stainless pivot tube rather than go with a larger bolt. I picked up the set to go with my katech shifter for $75 shipped, a little pricey but its solid and I know it'll last.
I gotcha. Worst case, I'll end up picking up a handful of delrin bushings and dremeling them down to fit in. My main concern though is it being solid. I don't mind vibration transfer, etc. The shifter was fine until I had to run it back in the other slot after installing a revshift trans insert. I feel the insert should have lowered itself a bit by now, and by reversing the cup... I can get the shifter back to where it was before and get my crisp shifts back.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

I have the revshift trans mount and I have no rubbing issues. Yeah I would contact Pisnuoff for those inserts. You probably bought one of my shifters before I did the bearing upgrade.

Hope it works out at the end.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by azn2dmax
I have the revshift trans mount and I have no rubbing issues. .
Same here. Azn2dmax shifter with the bearing.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by azn2dmax
I have the revshift trans mount and I have no rubbing issues. Yeah I would contact Pisnuoff for those inserts. You probably bought one of my shifters before I did the bearing upgrade.

Hope it works out at the end.
I'm not sure when you started doing the bearing upgrade.
Worst case, I might smooth up the fork a bit to make clearance if it doesn't work, but I feel the insert might have squashed in a bit by now. Its been a few months.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:32 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a million stock bushings that look brand new. I can send you some for free. PM me your address and I'll get them out to you on Monday. Or you can send me $75 and I'll sell you some Delrin ones and stainless pivot tube that fit tighter than stock and have a groove for new o-rings that I send with them.

Also make sure you have the nylon pivot cup flipped upside down. This will raise your shifter assembly about 3/16" into the console. Here is a pic of how it should look when flipped.

Here is how it it when in its stock location.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
I have a million stock bushings that look brand new. I can send you some for free. PM me your address and I'll get them out to you on Monday. Or you can send me $75 and I'll sell you some Delrin ones and stainless pivot tube that fit tighter than stock and have a groove for new o-rings that I send with them.

Also make sure you have the nylon pivot cup flipped upside down. This will raise your shifter assembly about 3/16" into the console. Here is a pic of how it should look when flipped.

Here is how it it when in its stock location.

Lets you and I talk. I'll PM you.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:29 AM
Launching!

OK so whats the deal for a good shifter? I ordered the pissnuoff shifter and getting the uuc bushings from lindsay cadillac. i like my old gto shifter so i have that too. new boot and know from austrailia. whats this new delrin mod? yes i know all about delrin, its a conductive pvs type plastic but what difference does the flip make?
Old 07-14-2013, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Blown_Red_97z
OK so whats the deal for a good shifter? I ordered the pissnuoff shifter and getting the uuc bushings from lindsay cadillac. i like my old gto shifter so i have that too. new boot and know from austrailia. whats this new delrin mod? yes i know all about delrin, its a conductive pvs type plastic but what difference does the flip make?
The flip in the cup makes a difference in the height and clearance of the center shift linkage to the driveshaft propeller. In my case, with the custom shifter I have... the linkage itself bangs into the bolts (3 out of 6 from what I can see) on the driveshaft prop if its set to the bottom connection. I was hoping that cup was the issue when I took everything apart, but realized it was set correctly.

Stock driveshaft, revshift insert on stock trans mount, and UMI motor mounts.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Brian, when you flip the cup, don't you find that your shifter is no longer centered when it's not in gear, and that the shifter nearly hits the console in 2, 4, and 6?
Old 10-29-2013, 07:04 AM

Help... azn2dmax how do I contact you, I'm looking for a shifter. Thx

Quick Reply: Important Question regarding shifter