Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Interesting eBay find...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol... Some people just don't get it. Save the time/money and just do it right the first time. You'll end up with more money into a base cts that will sell for half the price of a beat up V in the long run.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it seems he just has some electrical wiring to do.the price is high but i dont see what all the heat is for.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tmonttt
Lol... Some people just don't get it. Save the time/money and just do it right the first time. You'll end up with more money into a base cts that will sell for half the price of a beat up V in the long run.
Lol. How is that if I have already paid the 30 grand for the cts once. Sure I can sell the base for 5 grand and spend another 10 to get a ctsv but once i strip if all to be upgraded or just deleted I am rite back at square one. Remember your front bumper is only 500 new and your mounts go into the stock crossmember. The suede seats arent needed. And the suspension and fuel set up will swapped out as well. So why buy a ctsv to strip it down to what is a bare cts and rebuild again? If it wasnt going to be a full build then I could understand. But when I am building a race car and taking out everything that would make the car a v for upgrades that would be a waste of money. The base and v even use the same rear end carrier. Spend 15 on a car and put 10k in upgrades or take a base that is paid for and do 10k in upgrades. The result is the same.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:06 AM
TECH Resident

Because you don't strip it down to what a base CTS is... you move an engine out, you keep the harness, the accessories, everything. It all can be moved over to another LS block, the transmission is solid and doesn't need to be swapped out (unlike the CTS auto, which would need to be swapped also), the harnesses, all accessories, etc.

Why do you think there's no ABS, AC, or other things there? The ECM isn't correct, modules are missing, and **** isn't wired right.

There's a reason people are saying go V first. You can go base and prove everyone's point by ending up with a car just like the first post. A crappy V swap, trying to get money back because he spent too much on the build and still isn't done.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

Indeed that guy should have just bought a V because his goals were a lot milder. My goal is 800 hp. There is nothing in the V that is going to hold up to that. The trans and rear end are going to become paper weights after they grenade. A/C ABS etc? In a race car?

I think you might want to rethink your mindset on the V. Great car indeed. But remember that the first CTS to break into the 12s, 11s, 10s was in fact a swapped base model CTS! FACT!
Old 08-04-2013, 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hotstreet
Indeed that guy should have just bought a V because his goals were a lot milder. My goal is 800 hp. There is nothing in the V that is going to hold up to that. The trans and rear end are going to become paper weights after they grenade. A/C ABS etc? In a race car?

I think you might want to rethink your mindset on the V. Great car indeed. But remember that the first CTS to break into the 12s, 11s, 10s was in fact a swapped base model CTS! FACT!
... Your point? My bad, am I missing something here? Breaking into something first would make it superior to what? Frame is exactly the same, and if you're going to break everything down, there's more money to be made on selling V parts vs buying parts from a V. You are talking a V swap, and now its a 800hp super race car. mmhmm

I'm missing your point here... you sound like you've never done this before.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by RADEoN
link to the build thread please
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...treatment.html

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
it seems he just has some electrical wiring to do.the price is high but i dont see what all the heat is for.
Read the "build" thread, it's a ******* clown show.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

I agree with you there. I have no intentions of selling. I just want to build a cts. I think its more practical to take the cts that I bought new in 04 and build it. As opposed to spending 20 grand and building the motor and swapping the trans and gutting half the car.
Originally Posted by odthetruth
... Your point? My bad, am I missing something here? Breaking into something first would make it superior to what? Frame is exactly the same, and if you're going to break everything down, there's more money to be made on selling V parts vs buying parts from a V. You are talking a V swap, and now its a 800hp super race car. mmhmm

I'm missing your point here... you sound like you've never done this before.
Said build back on page 1. The only V parts I plan on using are the motor mounts. Nothing more. Ill be starting the building thread here soon. I already have the block and a few other things going.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:42 PM
TECH Regular

LOLOLOLOLOL... You have obviously outsmarted the entire V forum.

If you think the only V parts you're going to be using are motor mounts, you have a lot to learn. Come back and post a thread when you're $20,000 in the hole and still don't have a car comparable to a $15,000 V.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:12 PM
JDB
Launching!

Re-use V motor mounts?

Old 08-04-2013, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a pair of V mounts that you can have; just pay for shipping.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Said build back on page 1. The only V parts I plan on using are the motor mounts. Nothing more. Ill be starting the building thread here soon. I already have the block and a few other things going.
look forward to reading it.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Motor mounts, seriously man, hey I heard the rear diff is bullet proof you should use that too! Only user the V motor mounts and diff, and your build will be insane.

LOL
Old 08-04-2013, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...treatment.html

Read the "build" thread, it's a ******* clown show.
The build thread as it pertains to the mechanic and those expectations were a mess, but the positive is that he get the car driving and burning rubber.

let me say the following:
this is in the spirit of modding cars. doing what others might not want to or have the heart to do. some turbo their v's or put 9" rears or completely gut their cars for their own wishes. people told norm v he was crazy at some point and he built the best v i have ever seen.

and we have the engine which motivates many people to hot rod. all the m3's with ls motors, the mazdas/fords/lincolns/hondas/etc which at some point have a ls motor crammed into it. and people hate on them for it, but i have never understood since its their money.

this kid did the mechanically difficult parts, and the electrical and power steering are things he can figure out if he wished...just like many other people who do more involved swaps with vehicles that have seriously difficult can systems to deal with.

some guy is going to buy an ats and pop his turbo 4 and want to drop in a ls7 and peope will hate on him for it. but to keep the modding spirit alive you need people do go against the grain like that.

Quick Reply: Interesting eBay find...