Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

First 1/4 mile run on the new setup (VIDEO) + BAD NEWS AND GOOD NEWS

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First 1/4 mile run on the new setup (VIDEO) + BAD NEWS AND GOOD NEWS

Bad news: Turbo is fried already...

Good news: Ordered this yesterday http://www.theboostlab.com/store/pro...4-Divided.html

AND I'll have a CREATIVE STEEL 8.8 ordered this week along with the slicks, excited to finally be able to put the power to the ground.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

going ***** deep. good luck. i followed your build whats the goals? what did you run on the twins?

Last edited by bigti99a; 08-13-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

That sounded SO good!

Congrats!!!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:06 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That was short lived. Congrats on the build, looking forward to seeing what's possible after the bugs are worked out! What gear ratio are you going with in the 8.8"?
Old 08-13-2013, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

You change gearing to something a bit more longer? First must be downright unusable at that power level.

LOL @ 2 minute video 5 minutes long.
Sounds great going down the track though.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

I posted your vid on my fb page... nice run and trap should be good for mid to low 11s...
https://www.facebook.com/#!/LSXvsthe...ocation=stream

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 08-13-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

How did you hurt that new turbo already???
Old 08-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Nice clip Mang, the turbo gave me chill bumps. You're gonna TEST that 8.8 huh? (gulp) Bring it !! I'll stand behind it.

I dig the song too, never heard of Hurt before, had to Google it(don't get out much).
Old 08-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Sounds like something happened with the turbo around 1:07
Old 08-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Launching!

going ***** deep. good luck. i followed your build whats the goals? what did you run on the twins?
I dont like to set goals, I feel like they hinder me and I stop when I meet them LOL so instead I just keep going and going... But as a more straight answer I want to be the first in the 9's, while keeping full interior ac etc, and additionally I want to be the fastest Cadillac in the mile, so watch for me at Texas next year.

That sounded SO good!

Congrats!!!!!
Thank you sir, was expecting a 11.7x that day but the next two passes the tranny missed 4th (not me. I am getting the CREATIVE STEEL shifter bushings as the entire assembly is stock n sloppy.

That was short lived. Congrats on the build, looking forward to seeing what's possible after the bugs are worked out! What gear ratio are you going with in the 8.8
Yeah the ebay turbos are hit or miss, I have had good luck and bad, I am getting it rebuilt with Garrett internals so I can sell for more than I paid... The new Comp 91mm should be pretty freaking ridiculous though, so I am excited, and even more so for the CS 8.8 and I am gonna do the 3.56 gears.

ou change gearing to something a bit more longer? First must be downright unusable at that power level.

LOL @ 2 minute video 5 minutes long.
Sounds great going down the track though.
Whats up man! no all still stock, yeah first is necessary but not much more than that, be fine if I could use stickies...

I posted your vid on my fb page... nice run and trap should be good for mid to low 11s...
https://www.facebook.com/#!/LSXvsthe...ocation=stream
Thank you, please share away! Im gonna go out on a limb and say with the new turbo, 8.8 and stickies I will knock off a high ten if my trans cooperates... Oh and fully tuned would be nice to, this run I was still on 11degrees timing... FIgure another 150hp was left in it. I should be able to make the same power on about 8psi less with the new one.

How did you hurt that new turbo already???
POS Ebay unit, in their defense though I did nothing to break it in...

Nice clip Mang, the turbo gave me chill bumps. You're gonna TEST that 8.8 huh? (gulp) Bring it !! I'll stand behind it.

I dig the song too, never heard of Hurt before, had to Google it(don't get out much).
Haha, yeah me too when I first heard it I was like holy fu**, its not nearly that loud in the car.

Yes, I am very excited for the 8.8, I have heard overwhelmingly good things about it, and Creative Steel in general. If theres any weak points with your setup I'll find em and we can fix em, but I doubt that will happen with what I have heard.

Yeah I never heard of them either until I heard that song on Pandora, been finding a lot of new music that way lately, its nice.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just a heads up on yhe gearing.
If your going to run a 28" tire id go atlest 3.73s
Im going up to 4.10s right now
Old 08-13-2013, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Your putting a 91mm turbo on a stock ls2 and t56? oh my
Old 08-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Your putting a 91mm turbo on a stock ls2 and t56? oh my
I expect problems with the motor if I puch it, but I can make the same power on significantly less bost, so as long as I dont turn it up, it will actually be safer for the motor. Either way, if it goes, the race motor is gonna be ready in October.

I dont see why everyone is so worried about the tranny, I know a guy thats making 1100+ on a stock t56 and he beats it to death, and roadcourses it... Who has blown the t56's in these cars?
Old 08-13-2013, 10:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by runsfromdacops
Just a heads up on yhe gearing.
If your going to run a 28" tire id go atlest 3.73s
Im going up to 4.10s right now
Hmmm curious to hear how you like that with boost, please let me know when its done
Old 08-13-2013, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

91mm is gonna spool way slower. And i burnt up the input shaft and cluster gear in my t56 with 700rwhp. Extended highway pulls push all the trans fluid to the back of the case and leaves the front gears without lubrication and exposed to more heat. Im doing a sprayer setup now to make it live more then a few thousand miles this time.

And for gearing and tire size you have to figure out where youll be crossing the traps at. 4.10s and a 28" tire is gonna be 6650rpms at 135mph. I like long gears with turbo cars that are manily street cars. The less shifting the better.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:15 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by B_ROCKS_IT
Who has blown the t56's in these cars?
This guy. When I took it apart it was pretty much trashed, needed a main and input shaft from wear alone. The counter shaft is what put me over the top on fixing it. A T56 Magnum is $3200 for our app.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow that sounds nice! Sorry to hear of the bad luck ... I'd like to see you put some money into setting up the suspension for some nasty 60' times...
Old 08-14-2013, 01:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by itsslow98
And for gearing and tire size you have to figure out where youll be crossing the traps at. 4.10s and a 28" tire is gonna be 6650rpms at 135mph. I like long gears with turbo cars that are manily street cars. The less shifting the better.
This is what I was figuring. Longer gearing. Probably still going to have to shift the same amount of times down the strip, but I would think with maybe boost limiting first, should help with traction.

Originally Posted by Skidmarcx
Wow that sounds nice! Sorry to hear of the bad luck ... I'd like to see you put some money into setting up the suspension for some nasty 60' times...
I'd like to see the actual suspension setup. I think thats what the majority of us normal bolton guys are missing. I've heard axles this, bushings that... but never solid times to back up whats been said.

Originally Posted by B_ROCKS_IT
Yeah the ebay turbos are hit or miss, I have had good luck and bad, I am getting it rebuilt with Garrett internals so I can sell for more than I paid... The new Comp 91mm should be pretty freaking ridiculous though, so I am excited, and even more so for the CS 8.8 and I am gonna do the 3.56 gears.

Whats up man! no all still stock, yeah first is necessary but not much more than that, be fine if I could use stickies...

Yes, I am very excited for the 8.8, I have heard overwhelmingly good things about it, and Creative Steel in general. If theres any weak points with your setup I'll find em and we can fix em, but I doubt that will happen with what I have heard.
Whats been up. See you're busy on the setup. Sold the twins? I'm waiting to see some 10s out that ****. Whats specs on new motor for Oct?
Old 08-14-2013, 02:11 AM
Launching!

Whats been up. See you're busy on the setup. Sold the twins? I'm waiting to see some 10s out that ****. Whats specs on new motor for Oct?
10's...COULD be possible with the new turbo, diff and slicks... but we shall see

I'll be ordering everything towards the end of the month so still a lot TBD, but as of now it will be a LQ based 427CI, 10-1 Compression, Solid Rocker, Brodix HeadHunter Heads, spinning to 8500 and an internal drysump
Old 08-14-2013, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That sounded amazing, great build man, sorry to hear about the issues

Quick Reply: First 1/4 mile run on the new setup (VIDEO) + BAD NEWS AND GOOD NEWS