Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

I'm a dumba$$....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will cost more than your deductible. I'm not sure how much more though.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Been there ,done that. Mine drove into the garage and hit my toolbox, slammed into a table covered with little parts and the top tool box fell down right next to the DS fender. damaged the fascia,headlight and scratched the fender. I was picking up small parts for weeks. I never touch the key now without making sure that trans is in Neutral.Lesson Learned here!!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

Reading the stories here makes me less angry and helps me remind myself that **** HAPPENS.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

hey, it happens. im sure we all remember this vid...

you could have had it this bad lmao

Old 09-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Launching!

File the claim. If your record is as clean as you say you should be fine. Did $2200 in damage to my v the first week I had it and my rates went up maybe 4 dollars a month for the first year. I'm not even sure it went up because of my claim or just prices going up as usual. My ded was $250. Either way...I saved money making a claim. I was in same situation as you...30yrs old no claims besides a cracked windshield on another car.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

I did nearly the same thing 2 years ago, but fortunately didn't damage the car. My idiocy was worse, though. Here's what my brilliant mind did:

I was still in Oklahoma at the time and a bad thunderstorm with hail was rolling in. My wife and I went out to pull the V in. I got her situated in the garage, shut it off, and got out. My wife says "you need to pull further forward". So I hop back in, press the clutch with my right foot, left foot on floor, wife standing in front of the car waving me in. Next thing I know I insinctively go to press the brake with my right foot to stop and hear the tires squeal as I watch her bounce off the hood and fly back into the water heater. Now I've panicked and pressed the clutch back in with my right foot (left still out the door), but now I've driven up the curb in the front of my garage and the car rolls of pretty quickly and is now headed *** first for my tire changer. Again, my right foot heads for the brake and I hear the tires squealing again and I think "wow I'm an idiot" and I shut the car off before I kill her beacause she's still lying on the ground in front of me. She was sore, but not injured. V survived without noticeable damage.

I'm a dumba$$, but everytime I even think about pressing a clutch with my right foot my brain screams "NOOOOO!!!"

Last edited by jenks40; 09-06-2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 09-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Launching!

I'm sure that will be a lot of money to fix, I claimed some rock chip damage to my front bumper and it was over 3k.

Not sure how you guys can even get out of the car in a manual and not press the parking brake even on flat ground. Seems really dangerous.

def worth filing the claim to get it fixed
Old 09-06-2013, 07:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parking brake does nothing for me on most occasions. I can drive thru it in first for sure without noticing it. Its happened like twice over the last few years.

With that said, I did an entire bumper, grill, hood, and fender repair for roughly 1500. You can get that bumper painted around 300 if you know anyone. The grill I'd search around for, assuming everything lines back up. Otherwise, may need to replace the bumper if its actually cracked, etc. THAT will cost more.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thefullmonty_07
Some dumbass shot the side of my car with a BB/Pelet gun while they passed me on the other side of traffic.
There would have been murders. I hate the human race sometimes.

Originally Posted by jenks40
I did nearly the same thing 2 years ago, but fortunately didn't damage the car. My idiocy was worse, though. Here's what my brilliant mind did:

I was still in Oklahoma at the time and a bad thunderstorm with hail was rolling in. My wife and I went out to pull the V in. I got her situated in the garage, shut it off, and got out. My wife says "you need to pull further forward". So I hop back in, press the clutch with my right foot, left foot on floor, wife standing in front of the car waving me in. Next thing I know I insinctively go to press the brake with my right foot to stop and hear the tires squeal as I watch her bounce off the hood and fly back into the water heater. Now I've panicked and pressed the clutch back in with my right foot (left still out the door), but now I've driven up the curb in the front of my garage and the car rolls of pretty quickly and is now headed *** first for my tire changer. Again, my right foot heads for the brake and I hear the tires squealing again and I think "wow I'm an idiot" and I shut the car off before I kill her beacause she's still lying on the ground in front of me. She was sore, but not injured. V survived without noticeable damage.

I'm a dumba$$, but everytime I even think about pressing a clutch with my right foot my brain screams "NOOOOO!!!"
Am I the only one that would have instinctively hit the gas??? lol I kid i kid.

I was in a parking lot, wearing sandals, I never drive with sandals on and this is why... Start the car, foot on clutch, my fiancee just opend the back door and was about ready to load in the kid... something was in the way so I reached back to move it for her and my foot slid off the sandal/clutch sandwich I had going on and the tires chirp as I am now going what feels like the speed of light into the car on the otherside of the parking lane. Luckily I had backed in and no one was crossing in front of me. I mashed the brake, car still rolling mashed the clutch... pulled it out of gear and did my best to get all the underwear out of my *** from when by butthole puckered like a vice. Needless to say she was none too pleased.

By the way if we are doing over/under bets on the damage on yours, I take $1550. 4 hours of labor and paint.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Ryridesmotox, the ending of your story had me laughing my *** off. People are giving looks like wtf is so funny. Sorry about that. I was guessing it would be around 1k. I will find out Monday.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

So the estimate from the insurance is ($750) minus my deductible (500). They wrote me a check for $250.
Now to find a place that will do the work for less than $500 if I take them the bumper.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Your insurance may not go up for one claim. But if something else happens after you can expect a healthy rate increase. My wife made a claim for a minor bumper repair then got into accident a few weeks later. Her rates went up $1,200 a year for 3 years. That ended up being more than her two claims combined.

Quick Reply: I'm a dumba$$....