Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

04-07 CTS-V Edelbrock E-Force part # pricing finally here

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think this kit is pretty sweet and the price is comparable with the other 'kit' option out there. As the more knowledgeable guys have stated if there are better components available they should be considered but adding 150 reliable hp for $7k will probably find some buyers.

Last edited by MN_V; 04-28-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would totally hop on this after I do a good lower end on the car. Granted it will probably be one of the last things I do since I plan to upgrade the rear end and have the trans rebuilt. But I would much rather have a newer tvs over a earlier Maggie. Near rods and pistons and a new stock crank and one would be ok pushing it farther.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Op, Interested

Originally Posted by kl2onik
drove this over the weekend and realized no matter what we do to it, our car is a turd...
lol 192k car v. 13k car.... The comparison makes perfect sense.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to the guys for kind words.

Here is a component list of the kit. The part number is 15460. If anyone wants to upgrade a kit with different heads or whatever else. I most certainly would be happy to add that cost to their kit.

I think Cadillac brought a the best of both worlds with the introduction of the CTS-V and through continuous improvement they have raised the bar with the newer versions; but I still will take a 04-07 V kick the crap out of M3 and Mercedes. Lets continue to look for ways to improve our CTS-V's.

If anyone need more info regrading the kits. Please email me at
saab5@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,
Marc
P.S I personally own a 06 LS7 NA V that I kick the living crap out M3, Benzes, Vipers...etc 620HP
Attached Files
Old 09-20-2013, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MN_V
That MB is for ****. Go ahead and waste 150k on it and enjoy the ladies making jokes about your manhood. They do. I think this kit is pretty sweet and the price is comparable with the other 'kit' option out there. As the more knowledgeable guys have stated if there are better components available they should be considered but adding 150 reliable hp for $7k will probably find some buyers.
Lol its funny that people forget how cheap cts-v cost they are the best bang for the buck. And he can get that mercedes it just screams rich guy who cant build a car he has to buy it "factory fast" !
Old 09-20-2013, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

To the OP...are you willing to customize that kit for some of us that have a few of the components? In other words if some of us already have those parts can we chip away at the cost since we don't need it all?

Also, I believe this SC requires cutting the hood for proper fitment...is this still true with your kit?
Old 09-21-2013, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by philistine
To the OP...are you willing to customize that kit for some of us that have a few of the components? In other words if some of us already have those parts can we chip away at the cost since we don't need it all?

Also, I believe this SC requires cutting the hood for proper fitment...is this still true with your kit?
Probably not chopping the hood, but I would imagine that you need to remover the strut brace that spand the engine bay. I think you can toss this on a C6 with no hood modification... or so the edlebrock site leads me to believe since they say it right there in black and white. and there isn't a whole lot of clearance in a C6 hood

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...e/street.shtml
Old 09-23-2013, 07:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by philistine

The cost of the supercharger Kit is $6,455.87. There are some additional items that will be needed depending on year. Ex..04-05 V's will need the 06-07 V's strut bar and throttle body. A kennebell boost-a-pump will also be needed. A TB wiring harness adapter for the 04-05 V's only.

If you have more question please email me; I don't get on here very often.

Thanks,
Marc
saab5@sbcglobal.net
Old 09-26-2013, 06:46 PM
TECH Resident

This thread is full of FPFQ. Calling a SLS AMG a *** car because you can't afford it is ******* hilarious. Your right all the "girls" think he is gay for driving a 180k supercar over an antiquated luxury sedan with a glass drivetrain.

Also someone with a swapped v6 fbody calling out the owner of an SLS is crazy. You couldn't afford to build a car to beat it. Ricer logic at its finest.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

cars cost what they do for a very good reason. an sls is a pretty serious machine.

this thread has me curious, lets try to keep the negative stuff for when these land in peoples hands not in the discussion phase
Old 10-08-2013, 02:16 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

I have been PM'd by several people regarding the E-Force on our V1's and thought I would throw some info out there for anyone contemplating this.

Specific for a 2004-2005 CTS-V:

- You cannot use the LS6 or LS2 valley cover since the knock sensors are in the valley and the LS6 PCV fitting does not clear the supercharger. I would recommend the standard LS1 or GM truck valley cover and drill the bolt holes for use with the countersunk bolts provided in the bolt kit. One person had the valley cover milled, but I do not know if this is necessary. All told you may have $50 in this part.
- The oil sender will hit the last intake runner. I used a 3/8" brass street 90* from Home Depot which required cutting new threads using a 5/8"x11 die in order to fit the block. The supercharger runner will still have to be clearanced slightly to allow the supercharger to lay flat. Ensure there is no contact or you'll have an impossible to find persistent vacuum leak since it leaks from the valley underneath, not the top near the injectors. Ask how I know LOL!
- The '04-'05 require the LS2 Throttle body conversion. Do not try to get by with the LS3, it won't work. And if your tuner gets it to work, it's only b/c they disabled EVERY safety net for the throttle body and a potential run away condition (stuck throttle) is now a reality. Also, make sure your tuner uses the correct data for the 90mm TB. If the correct scaler value is not used and tuned there will be resulting compounding drivability issues down the road.

What I recommend for any E-Force install:
- The Omega Thermistor mod is required. The supplied Ford/Bosch TMAP is slow to respond and seems to hold heat for some reason.
- Do not purchase the Edelbrock HEX and pump, they are both inefficient and sub par for performance use. The larger Frozenboost.com (dual pass) HEX is a perfect fit for our lower grill and only requires a piece of angle iron for it to be installed. The Meziere remote pump flows MUCH more than the Bosch unit which is required since the two E-Force aftercoolers split the HEX coolant, which reduces the flow to each considerably. I mounted the pump behind the bumper cover, to the inside of the drivers side fog lamp assembly, directly in front of the PCM.
- I would also recommend that all of the HEX lines be wrapped in 3/8" thick walled HVAC line insulation to maintain the efficiency of the HEX system. These combined efforts have maintained IAT's approx 10* above ambient temps.
- You'll have to order fuel lines and parts to make it work. I used a parts list from another forum member for this and can provide this if i can find it.

The following users liked this post:
Stefan N (01-07-2021)
Old 10-09-2013, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DMMs recommendations above are absolutely spot on. Ask me how i know. Anyone want an Edelbrock supplied HE and HE Pump? However on my LS2 build the oil pressure sensor was not an issue (at least I don't think it is - once I get it back from my tuner I'll see if there is an undiscovered issue).
Old 10-09-2013, 01:44 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sssnake
DMMs recommendations above are absolutely spot on. Ask me how i know. Anyone want an Edelbrock supplied HE and HE Pump? However on my LS2 build the oil pressure sensor was not an issue (at least I don't think it is - once I get it back from my tuner I'll see if there is an undiscovered issue).
Thanks, Sssnake!

The LS2 is unaffected as the supplied cover is the correct piece. The E-Force was never intended to be offered with the LS1/6 so they do not offer a valley plate with knock sensor access. Also, the LS2 oil pressure sender in screwed onto the valley cover, not into the block as the LS1/6.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

DMM do you run the E-Force with you stock LS6? i cant recall you engine setup.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by big reg
This thread is full of FPFQ. Calling a SLS AMG a *** car because you can't afford it is ******* hilarious. Your right all the "girls" think he is gay for driving a 180k supercar over an antiquated luxury sedan with a glass drivetrain.

Also someone with a swapped v6 fbody calling out the owner of an SLS is crazy. You couldn't afford to build a car to beat it. Ricer logic at its finest.
That's funny because the swapped v6 was my first car I bought when I was 16 now I have a 2006 ctsv and a 71 chevelle with a 408lsx some people have bigger priorities then updating there sig with a bunch of cars they "owned " but i was just saying it's stupid to compare two cars that are no where near the same price range it's like comparing a new zr1 to a old zr1 it doesn't make sense

On another note the install looks pretty sraight forward I want to see what people's results are
Old 01-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Anyone install this yet? #s?
Old 04-28-2014, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

I've been talking with them via email. I'm thinking of going this route. 500+whp has been seen on a LS6. I want to talk it over with my tuner and let him tell me if it would be building a time bomb on a stock bottom end or if it is tunable.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Bump for updates.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 253ctsv
Bump for updates.
Its been nearly a year. My expectations are pretty low on this really.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:24 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

What exactly is the bump for? The E-Force install or the dude that started this thread? There have been a few E-Force installs (myself, Sssnake, TommyCompton) and there is a forum vendor that gives stupid low prices on the E-Force stuff (SK Speed) search TommyCompton's E-Force thread for the info. The guy that stared this thread never delivered on anything that I know of.

Quick Reply: 04-07 CTS-V Edelbrock E-Force part # pricing finally here