Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Ls7 clutch can't bleed

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ls7 clutch can't bleed

GREG O.
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 4
LS7 CLUTCH and Slave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to my LS7 clutch again..Still will not bled properly ..just getting fluid, no air bubbles...New LS7 clutch, slave, disc ,A kit I got off Fleabay. said to be OEM............................. and new correct pilot bushing installed...
My mechanic friends have bled it with the Tick remote bleeder using the method stated on the Tech forum..Also put all new UUC and Home Depot bushing remedies in...With key out [not running] it shifts awesome with the new bushings.. My mechanics have bled it and got a few gears to work but STILL can not be street driven....Sooooo, I bought the MOTIVE bleeder...and followed their instructions, and still having problems. They got it to shift running, but seemed it needed to be bled better and now, they can not get any gears..[It has good pedal travel and there are NO LEAKS. Told on forum that I might have to press the fingers and use some type of an adjustment that is supposed to be on the pp...Hate to take it out again. Any suggestions b/4 I trl. it to Lindsay?
PS: Is a GTO, or Camaro bellhousing a tiny bit shorter...in case the crazy shop who installed it, might have used one, I also have a 6.0 iron block.....thanks guys__________________
06 CTSV6.0 iron block stroker.Wiseco pistons, Callies,Comstar,Melling,Bullet, Morel lifters, c/r 9.3/1 Ferrea,Dart,Harland Sharp,Champ 7 quart pan, MSD pump,MSD Dashawk,AEM guages,76mm, rear turbo, 38mm tial. 80lb. Siemens, inj. 540whp@629"lb @ 9lbs.of boost on pump gas. Built by Mongillo Motors. LS7 clutch, B&M shifter, FG2's lowered, Eibach's, Snow meth kit,CS mounts.
04 XLR BASEwith front mesh V grills, color Silver Platinum with Ebony interior same as my 06 CTS-V.[/b]

GREG O.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to GREG O.
Send email to GREG O.
Find More Posts by GREG O.
Add GREG O. to Your Contacts

Today, 01:44 PM #2
punishmentcycle
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

measure it. you might need a shim__________________
04 CTS-V forged ls6 9.5/1 ls9 cam/springs 8.8 w/3.55's maggie 112, IW balancer, 3.0 jack. 13psi

punishmentcycle
View Public Profile
Send a private message to punishmentcycle
Find More Posts by punishmentcycle
Add punishmentcycle to Your Contacts

Today, 03:52 PM #3
GREG O.
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
measure it. you might need a shim

I was hoping not...Tick says do not use a shim on the CTSV FIRST GEN.......they have 3 different thicknessess......to measure I would have to r&r it again..damn thanks though punishmentcycle...Would the Cadillac dealer have a better bleeder system that might get it working perfectly.???__________________
06 CTSV6.0 iron block stroker.Wiseco pistons, Callies,Comstar,Melling,Bullet, Morel lifters, c/r 9.3/1 Ferrea,Dart,Harland Sharp,Champ 7 quart pan, MSD pump,MSD Dashawk,AEM guages,76mm, rear turbo, 38mm tial. 80lb. Siemens, inj. 540whp@629"lb @ 9lbs.of boost on pump gas. Built by Mongillo Motors. LS7 clutch, B&M shifter, FG2's lowered, Eibach's, Snow meth kit,CS mounts.
04 XLR BASEwith front mesh V grills, color Silver Platinum with Ebony interior same as my 06 CTS-V.[/b]

GREG O.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to GREG O.
Send email to GREG O.
Find More Posts by GREG O.
Add GREG O. to Your Contacts

Today, 04:03 PM #4
54inches
TECH Fanatic
2005 Cadillac CTS

PowerMotive is the best as it removes all of the tiny bubbles.

I just did Gulf's brakes last weekend and you would not imagine all of the BS that came out after I bled it with the PowerMotive.

Not sure why this is in the Classifieds though.__________________
05 V BLACK LS7 Clutch/Slave, Tick Bleeder, RevShift MM/TM, AZ shifter, V2 ****, PS coated in/out, SLP cats, cags!, xpipe/bullets, Volante, G-force tune; 359hp 351tq(wo headers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsslow98
Would it be my choice to put stock axles in with an 8.8........no, but for budget friendly people who can add better parts as they go I dont think its that bad of an idea. ...I never have the money to throw 4k down on a modification at once, and being able to spend 1000 here, 1500 here is much more manageable.

wow let's try it again...sorry-bout-that....damn I hope I got the correct froum now......
Old 09-23-2013, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought mine wasnt bled all the way either, but it turned out to be the pressure plate wasnt torqued down evenly, so not all the clutch fingers were in contact with the slave. Just throwing that out there as a possibility.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks but everything was torqued to specs. Star of David method.

Quick Reply: Ls7 clutch can't bleed