Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Shifter help

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the KAtech shifter that Lingenfelter offers but I do not think this replaces those bottom bushings.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, we ended up going with the shifter modified by 07ctsv above. The install was not too terribly bad. The worst parts for me were drilling out the rivets and trying to squeeze my hands up there to take out the shifter bolt and install the new one along with the replacement bolts from under the car. I did not remove the console, exhaust or anything, so it was tight some times, but doable.

This modified shifter came with everything needed. The new bolts to replace the rivets and even a tube of white lithium grease, lol. Good stuff and great product. The shifts are now very positive, the car can get into 1st and reverse easily where as before it was sometimes a crap shoot. Overall very pleased with the product.

One thing that does concern my wife that she never had happen before was she almost shifted into reverse while moving and trying to go up into 5th. This had never happened before, so it was a little startling. I kinda think it was because she was trying to push WAY over like she used to have to do with the stock shifter. But I thought there was a gate that was supposed to prevent this.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarg
Well, we ended up going with the shifter modified by 07ctsv above. The install was not too terribly bad. The worst parts for me were drilling out the rivets and trying to squeeze my hands up there to take out the shifter bolt and install the new one along with the replacement bolts from under the car. I did not remove the console, exhaust or anything, so it was tight some times, but doable.

This modified shifter came with everything needed. The new bolts to replace the rivets and even a tube of white lithium grease, lol. Good stuff and great product. The shifts are now very positive, the car can get into 1st and reverse easily where as before it was sometimes a crap shoot. Overall very pleased with the product.

One thing that does concern my wife that she never had happen before was she almost shifted into reverse while moving and trying to go up into 5th. This had never happened before, so it was a little startling. I kinda think it was because she was trying to push WAY over like she used to have to do with the stock shifter. But I thought there was a gate that was supposed to prevent this.

There is a gate but according to my shop its weak and you can push right through it, I do it all the time.... wont hurt anything unless you let out the clutch
Old 10-26-2013, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1yakini
There is a gate but according to my shop its weak and you can push right through it, I do it all the time.... wont hurt anything unless you let out the clutch
^^this

Happened a few times when I first got the car. I knew my mistake quickly since the little "R" popped up on the display.

Quick Reply: Shifter help