Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Steering system problems...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 12:59 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Steering system problems...

So been dealing with power steering leaks and problems for awhile now, first waiting on new pump, then waiting on new pressure line as the fitting to the pump was leaking, and NOW the boots on the rack are leaking WTF!!!???

Found an old thread that seemed like someone else had the same problem, but was just talking about the install of the new one.

Is this a pretty common issue? any tips on where to get a rack quick or does any one have one?

Thanks!

BTW, have been to the track, but cant get any good launches with horrible track prep and cold weather, but did get a 130mph trap.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Sounds like an all out rack failure. The boots are generally just dust shields, so anything leaking from that area is a seal failure on the actual rack. Rockauto.com is always a good place to get stock replacement parts.

I would purge all the lines with fresh fluid when you are putting everything back together. Would hate to contaminate your new rack.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

my rack just went too. the input shaft seal blew. i bought one from cleveland pick a part. they have a few more there.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Launching!

thanks guys
Old 10-04-2013, 10:50 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you positively sure that the fluid was not contaminated? That is the only way that every component in the system goes bad at once...and considering you had everything apart could it be possible that someone grabbed the wrong bottle and poured it in?

Quick Reply: Steering system problems...