Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

New V1 Bolt on Twin Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 54inches
I think financing is a great idea.......or buying piece by piece.......
That's what credit cards are for, boys lol
Old 11-06-2013, 10:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Only thing about financing a turbo kit is once its on the car what happens if the motor pops......can you afford to fix it still or will you be left with a lawn ornament. I think after a few sets are sold a base kit would be a good idea. Let the buyer source his own wastegate, bov, turbo, boost controller.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Only thing about financing a turbo kit is once its on the car what happens if the motor pops......can you afford to fix it still or will you be left with a lawn ornament. I think after a few sets are sold a base kit would be a good idea. Let the buyer source his own wastegate, bov, turbo, boost controller.
I agree, I would get synapse BOV and wastegates. I would just tune for the right spring and forget about it, no need for a boost controller...
Old 11-06-2013, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think after a few sets are sold a base kit would be a good idea. Let the buyer source his own wastegate, bov, turbo, boost controller.
That would be a great idea!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by meatyCTS-V
That's what credit cards are for, boys lol
Feel free to whip that credit card out big boy and I will be glad to use it. lol

Good point!
Old 11-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Staging Lane

IMO if you need to finance mods for your car, you should not be modding. If the motor or trans goes now your strapped for cash to get it back together even worse.

If it were my shop and I had people asking for financing options, I would propose a layaway program that they could pay me monthly until we are all squared up. Then and only then will you get the goods. But hey, that's just me.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

That is still financing....
Old 11-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Launching!

I think financing is a great idea too, nice to see one of those from that guy every once in awhile...

I dont understand why you would go turbo with no boost controller, if you dont trust the electronic units go with a nice manual, but they arent expensive all things considered. And the E-Boost is the controller and gauge all in one and has many safety features.

I agree, likely he will have options to buy without certain parts IE everything you mentioned.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by B_ROCKS_IT
I think financing is a great idea too, nice to see one of those from that guy every once in awhile...

I dont understand why you would go turbo with no boost controller, if you dont trust the electronic units go with a nice manual, but they arent expensive all things considered. And the E-Boost is the controller and gauge all in one and has many safety features.

I agree, likely he will have options to buy without certain parts IE everything you mentioned.
how do you like the 3.55's with the new set up? i have a set of 3.23's ill sell cheap if you wanna change up once you turn that boost up.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

That is still financing....

Not in a banks eyes.

Financing is the process of lending money for a purchase. Aka, you get you item before it is fully paid off. Layaway is where you make payments on something that you do not physically posses once all payments have been made, then you get your item. It's pretty much a piggy bank for people who cannot manage their money.

I do not see how a private shop is going to provide financing. If you fail to make a payment, are they going to come and repossess your turbo kit? No. Better off just paying for it upfront in full. If you can't do that, save up until you can or throw it on a credit card if you gotta have it now.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
how do you like the 3.55's with the new set up? i have a set of 3.23's ill sell cheap if you wanna change up once you turn that boost up.
HiJack:

Blake has 3.31s in his TT 05 and at the mile, he was still crossing the mile right at 5th gear.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Launching!

I like em fine I suppose, was crossing the 1/4 at about 5300 in 4th trapping 130-135, but trying to keep launch and everything spooled on a M6, with the low profile tires was just not working out, the best I did was an 11.5 w/ a 2.15 60'. I even let a friend try who was knocking out 9.9x's in a SC'd '13 5.0 Stang M6 and the best he did was a 13.2 LOL, he couldnt beleive how difficult it was to drive.

Point is, this is why I am going auto, was never happy with the sloppy, inconsistency of the T56. After speaking with many people who went auto from the M6 on Turbo V8's the difference seems to be ridiculous. Nick for instance was making 760WHP on a stock longblock LT, couldnt get below 10.60's, first pass of the trailer with the TH400 was a 9.93, and he was running out of gear letting out at the 1000'!

SOO, to answer your question Punishment, by the time we get the LSX, and the 4L80 in, I have no idea what were gonna need for gearing lol but my intentions with this car are the TX Mile, Invitational and Streets for next year, so I might take you up on those, just wont know very soon. I'm hoping to actually put up a fight against some of the UGR guys. Flash did it with 1100WHP, an auto, and a good suspension setup; we shall see.

I do not see how a private shop is going to provide financing. If you fail to make a payment, are they going to come and repossess your turbo kit? No. Better off just paying for it upfront in full. If you can't do that, save up until you can or throw it on a credit card if you gotta have it now.
I looked into the PayPal option briefly, and PayPal floats the bill for the seller, who gets the full amount at the time of the sale, so there would be no such issues like that, it was a great idea the Fuzzy brought up, I hope there is nothing that will stop Nick from offering it, such as price limits etc.

HiJack:

Blake has 3.31s in his TT 05 and at the mile, he was still crossing the mile right at 5th gear.
Ok, we'll Punishment, sounds like it is very probable I will need those 3.23's lol

54, any Aero issues come up at 179? I got mine to 170 on hwy and it felt fine, we plan on a front spoiler and adjustable rear wing, my biggest concern is window flexing and the hood bulging etc...

Old 11-07-2013, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

I posted up a video of the run in the DIY 8.8 and shifter threads and it is as calm as 70 mph, but ask GulfM3 what he thought.

IMO 3.23s are not going to help any better than 3.31s. I think they should be 3.27s anyway.

I would go with 3.08s(lowest numerically offered) if you plan to run the mile with a similar setup, but it all depends on your setup.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by B_ROCKS_IT

54, any Aero issues come up at 179? I got mine to 170 on hwy and it felt fine, we plan on a front spoiler and adjustable rear wing, my biggest concern is window flexing and the hood bulging etc...
Nothing was noticeable (window flexing or hood bulging) from inside the car. I think there is a picture of a V1 doing a mile event and the front bumper is badly distorted, the "splitter" is bend down at a 20-30* angle in the picture. The picture must be a few years old now, I'll search around for it.

Car felt fine was very planted at 179. I was able to get my charge pipes up from under the car for this years mile, there is now nothing running under the front subframe and I have the factory lower engine splash guard in place. I can only assume this helps with the high speed aero.

Believe it or not, nothing rubs.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GulfM3
Nothing was noticeable (window flexing or hood bulging) from inside the car. I think there is a picture of a V1 doing a mile event and the front bumper is badly distorted, the "splitter" is bend down at a 20-30* angle in the picture. The picture must be a few years old now, I'll search around for it.

Car felt fine was very planted at 179. I was able to get my charge pipes up from under the car for this years mile, there is now nothing running under the front subframe and I have the factory lower engine splash guard in place. I can only assume this helps with the high speed aero.

Believe it or not, nothing rubs.

NICE! thanks for chiming in, watched the video, looks great. Pictures look great too, nice job! Yes please let me know if you find the picture, I am looking now too
Old 11-07-2013, 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

I would go with 3.08s(lowest numerically offered) if you plan to run the mile with a similar setup, but it all depends on your setup.
I'm almost positive you can get gears lower than 3.08, fox body mustangs came with 2.73 gears. I think some of the older crown vic's came with 2.5x gears. Although, I doubt a there is enough demand for any of the aftermarket ring & pinion manufactures to build new sets so you would have to settle for used.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-2004-Ford-Mustang-Ring-Pinion-2-73-8-8-Gear-Set-Differential-Stock-OEM-/190596248163?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c606bf263&vxp=mtrLook at that pinion gear, MASSSIVE.

Last edited by GulfM3; 11-07-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

lol, Yeah, I was just looking for IRS stuff. Doh!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:07 AM
Staging Lane

Any update on this?
Old 11-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kaddo101
Any update on this?

Yeah, Nick has a car lined up to be shipped out here the first week of January, looks like this things is gonna happen. Worse case is plans with that car fall through (unlikely) but he said he has another few people who contacted him already that could replace.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

Any new updates on this dinosaur thread

Quick Reply: New V1 Bolt on Twin Turbo Kit