Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Twin Disc Clutch Recommendations !?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
I have the LS9 flywheel if anyone is interested. It's a little scratched up but works fine without any vibration.

Brian
That's the 12 lb aluminum flywheel, right? Do you know if that is a GM part? I'm wondering who makes it cause I know it's damn expensive if you buy it retail.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
I feel the same.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DMM
S-cam....Chris at SNL hit me up about their new C7 based twin. Maybe you can ask him more about it.
I will give them a call next week. Reading the posts it does not look like there are any idiot proof options ( I like when I can't screw it up). I am about 770 rwhp but I don't really race the car. I will continue to do a bit of research as right now I don't have a clue what the best option is but my transmission is 3 bolts away from being on the floor so I better decide soon.

Does anyone have a mantic in their cts-v?

Last edited by s-cam; 12-07-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:56 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s-cam
I will give them a call next week. Reading the posts it does not look like there are any idiot proof options ( I like when I can't screw it up). I am about 770 rwhp but I don't really race the car. I will continue to do a bit of research as right now I don't have a clue what the best option is but my transmission is 3 bolts away from being on the floor so I better decide soon.

Does anyone have a mantic in their cts-v?
IIRC a forum member "Psycobillycaddy" has a Mantic with a TR6060 in his '07. He's not on often, you can try PMing him.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Mantic single in my V. I like it a lot.
Zero chatter and drives like stock. I heard the same about the twin disc.
If I was at your power level, I would be looking at RPS, Mantic, and Centerforce DYAD twin discs.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DMM
S-cam....Chris at SNL hit me up about their new C7 based twin. Maybe you can ask him more about it.
I talked to him today. Great guy. It is probably the route i am going as it has a rating of 1000 HP and it will be a bit smoother and lighter pedal pressure than my current stage 3 monster clutch. Sounds like a great clutch option with the new LT pressure plate. I will let you guys know how i like it....But with the 5 feet of snow here that wont be for atleast a few months...

Quick Reply: Twin Disc Clutch Recommendations !?!