Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Best insurance for a Cadillac CTS-V?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 12:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet dude, glad I can help. I was surprised also how much I saved. It was so cheap that I thought maybe they didn't know it was a v8 ls motor or something and gave me the rate for the regular caddy. (Not that our cars are that impressive but def not the old 90s caddys haha) Then I had my gf switch from her civic and it was low also. Usaa wanted 1k for 6 months just for my caddy, now I have both my car and truck with full coverage for just over 600.

Not sure why geico is so cheap but I'll take it. I even claimed some rock damage on my caddy and insurance didn't go up... knock on wood. I loved USAA but cheap is cheap
Old 12-17-2013, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TeamSorad
Sweet dude, glad I can help. I was surprised also how much I saved. It was so cheap that I thought maybe they didn't know it was a v8 ls motor or something and gave me the rate for the regular caddy. (Not that our cars are that impressive but def not the old 90s caddys haha) Then I had my gf switch from her civic and it was low also. Usaa wanted 1k for 6 months just for my caddy, now I have both my car and truck with full coverage for just over 600.

Not sure why geico is so cheap but I'll take it. I even claimed some rock damage on my caddy and insurance didn't go up... knock on wood. I loved USAA but cheap is cheap
damn, you were right. geico smoked usaa, i think its time to switch. I apologize to everyone i lit up over usaa, i just swallowed my pride....
Old 12-17-2013, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just make sure your new geico pals don't see any youtube videos of your car doing anything they consider "racing". My friend had posted up a video of his old 74 cadillac deville (slightly modified with an LS power plant) just smashing the throttle. He gets a letter from geico stating they saw his youtube video of his car performing illegal street racing. They canceled his entire policy. So just an FYI if you have Greco, keep the gopro videos to a minimum. Apparently they pay someone to watch youtube videos all day.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Staging Lane

+1 for another one who switched from USAA to Geico.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TeamSorad
Not sure off your exact insurance but you should look into geico minytrker, I have both my 04 V and 04 Sierra Denali pickup on my plan it is barely over 600 for both. Both have low deductibles
Just the two cars or do you insure anything else like a home with Geico?
Old 12-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Launching!

I am going to be insuring my tilt trailer I just bought, they said it will be $35 for 6 months I believe (12 sounds to cheap) and I have renters insurance for 10k for about 8 a month. I had my cars insured first then when I realized how cheap it was I started quoting everything haha.

Really glad I could help guys
Old 12-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Teching In

+2 We switched from USAA to Geico after 22 years with USAA. We did this last week. Was a hard lay down but with 8 cars, 4 full coverage, 2 liability and 2 antique and a teenage girl Geico is saving me 1100 every six month's, 2200 a year. USAA tried hard to compete and save us but could not with matched coverage's. We even added on towing and road side with Geico. Now to make you all laugh and wonder why I have been with USAA all these years. We are silent owners in a Geico field office and collision center. We just always stayed with USAA because we bank, save, invest, homeowners, mortgage, etc with them. Times change. Sadly I have found USAA is no longer the best. Many of you all will agree they were the BEST. Look around and you will see no longer, I did.. So to answer the original post, shop around but Geico prices are hard to beat right now.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 05CTSV
Just make sure your new geico pals don't see any youtube videos of your car doing anything they consider "racing". My friend had posted up a video of his old 74 cadillac deville (slightly modified with an LS power plant) just smashing the throttle. He gets a letter from geico stating they saw his youtube video of his car performing illegal street racing. They canceled his entire policy. So just an FYI if you have Greco, keep the gopro videos to a minimum. Apparently they pay someone to watch youtube videos all day.
Copy that, and from their perspective I cant blame them.

Switching my homeowners and cars took me from a 6month auto premium of 1100 to 490.... ridiculous. Full coverage, both wife and I have clean records. The caddy premium alone used to be 600 and some change through USAA. When I called them on it both people I talked to said something is seriously wrong with their rates and by theirs I mean USAA. I told them progressive had me at just a hair over 700 and that means that USAA was just out of the ballpark. So to geico I go, especially since their homeowners rate was within a few dollars of USAA as well. Those auto rates are crazy far apart.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1yakini
Copy that, and from their perspective I cant blame them.

Switching my homeowners and cars took me from a 6month auto premium of 1100 to 490.... ridiculous. Full coverage, both wife and I have clean records. The caddy premium alone used to be 600 and some change through USAA. When I called them on it both people I talked to said something is seriously wrong with their rates and by theirs I mean USAA. I told them progressive had me at just a hair over 700 and that means that USAA was just out of the ballpark. So to geico I go, especially since their homeowners rate was within a few dollars of USAA as well. Those auto rates are crazy far apart.
I agree. Before deciding to wait for the 2015 Z0? C7 I prices a new C7 in insurance. USAA wanted 1k in premium above our plan. Geico, 180 bucks. All our cars, 582 versus 1800 every six months with USAA. They better make changes!!
Old 12-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Damn you guys, I thought I had something good with USAA now I'm going to have to check it out.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Teching In

So did I. Check your rates in AZ. Never know.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

When I cancelled USAA I wrote them an email and even linked them to this forum to read all the people who were leaving. Their reply was honest and to the point... and it was entirely based on the very reasons we love this car so much..

Dear Mr. Hamilton,

You recently notified us of your dissatisfaction with our service in handling your account. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I sincerely apologize for failing to meet your expectations and for any inconvenience caused.

Member concerns are of utmost importance to us. The confidence you have placed in USAA is a powerful incentive to finding better ways to serve you. Consequently, we have taken steps to ensure we continue to earn your business by addressing your concern and using it to help us improve.

I do know that the reason for the rate difference could be likely based on the ratings of the vehicle. I can understand why a vehicle such as a Cadillac CTS-V would be rated much higher than a standard model Cadillac CTS. Most insurance agents would probably not know the difference or the fact that the Corvette LS engine is used in the higher model CTS-V version. They would also not likely know the 0-60 times the vehicle came with even pre-modifications. I can appreciate that information and I would believe that our underwriting teams are also aware and rate these types of vehicles accordingly. Keep in mind that this does not mean ratings cannot change; on the contrary, I would recommend checking back with USAA in the future. To be competitive with companies like GEICO as well as others, USAA has plans to introduce changes that may help us in offering better rates in 2014. I do not have access as to what time frame in 2014 where this would rollout into Virginia, but my recommendation is to check back with us when your policy renews with GEICO and we would be more than happy to offer you a new quote and it is my hopes that we can be more competitive and bring your business back to USAA.

We are committed to serving you and your family. You are a valued member, and we appreciate the time you took to let us know how we can serve you better. Thank you for your 12 years of membership.

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Thank you,
David Schwartz
USAA
Old 12-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Damn bro you dimed us out Haha But I checked my geico policy and it does says 5.7 V maybe they don't put 2 and 2more together. Who knows

So again glad I could help and save some fellow owners some funds.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got my quote from Geico, they're cheaper than my USAA coverage as well. Suprised me but they do rate the V high for what it is. Not a huge difference like some of you other guys but enough to make the switch. Thanks!
Old 12-19-2013, 01:54 AM
9 Second Club

Received 238 Likes on 177 Posts

Wow USAA just lost a good bit of money off just a couple posts. Im glad to see others switching, like I posted earlier USAA has gone downhill for me in the last few years. I increased my coverage and still saved alot of money. Geico knows what a ctsv has in it just based off your vin. Some companies just rate certain models differently. All insurance is just a big legal scam anyways. Nothing about insurance rates makes any sense, when my full coverage insurance on a $70k Z06 is cheaper than full coverage on a $16k honda civic something isnt right, lol.
Do any of you have geico homeowners insurance live out in the country? They wouldn't insure my house because of no fire hydrants within a 1000 ft. There arent any fire hydrants out in the country anywhere around here.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by minytrker
Wow USAA just lost a good bit of money off just a couple posts. Im glad to see others switching, like I posted earlier USAA has gone downhill for me in the last few years. I increased my coverage and still saved alot of money. Geico knows what a ctsv has in it just based off your vin. Some companies just rate certain models differently. All insurance is just a big legal scam anyways. Nothing about insurance rates makes any sense, when my full coverage insurance on a $70k Z06 is cheaper than full coverage on a $16k honda civic something isnt right, lol.
Do any of you have geico homeowners insurance live out in the country? They wouldn't insure my house because of no fire hydrants within a 1000 ft. There arent any fire hydrants out in the country anywhere around here.
Right, and I wrote them back explaining that my Infiniti policy cost just as much as the Geico coverage for both vehicles so it wasnt just the V that was expensive. Maybe they get their **** together. All praises to him who opened up the floodgates on this one.....
Old 12-19-2013, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Even my wife's 2010 Nissan Rogue is a little cheaper. Between the two of them with equal coverage I go from $686 per 6 months to $507. $360 a year difference for the two vehicles.

Quick Reply: Best insurance for a Cadillac CTS-V?