Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Hurst shifter for the 2004-2007 CTS-V.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much for a white **** only if we have your shifter already?
Old 05-03-2016, 07:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funds sent
Old 05-04-2016, 08:18 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 pwrd NOVA
How much for a white **** only if we have your shifter already?
http://www.hurstshiftersonline.com/p...6&idcategory=0
Old 05-04-2016, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

On the shift **** front, obviously there are tons of options out there when you've got a threaded shift lever to work with rather than the damn non-threaded stock lever. I've got a couple from EPCO that I've bought over the years - the classic 8-ball, and an eyeball. They have a 16mm threaded hole, and then provide thread-in reducers to match whatever thread size you need. Made in the USA, all sorts of designs from classic / retro to modern. I have no affiliation with them, just thought they offered some cool stuff that others might be interested in.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
$300 with a white or black ****. Can do bronze bushings in the base for an additional $50.
What're the benefits of bronze bushings vs the standard bushings you include? How are you looking on shipping times, including the modified stock shaft?
Old 05-15-2016, 07:31 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Originally Posted by Big Iron
What're the benefits of bronze bushings vs the standard bushings you include? How are you looking on shipping times, including the modified stock shaft?
The bronze provide a SLIGHTLY more positive feel than the Delrin. I recommend the Delrin.

I will be shipping my next batch of shifters on Wednesday this week and I have 3 that are currently not spoken for. I also have one modified upper stalk ready to ship with it. You'll have to send back your stock shifter and extra Camaro upper stalk from the kit after you swap them out to replace mine that I used.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:54 PM
Teching In

I'm happy to report that I got the shifter from Brian, and got it installed without undue hassle. I did have to round up some cobalt tipped drill bits to drill out the rivets (man, they were hard) and weld a punch to an old drift to reach down to center-punch the rivets. Then i had to drop the exhaust because my big hands just wouldn't fit between the stock resonator and the sides of the tunnel. Planned on dropping it to do the exhaust anyway so that was a gimme. The only problem I had was fitting the Hurst lever grommet into the hole in the stock boot. Could not make it fit and ruined it (the grommet) in the process. I'll figure out something. I used 5/16" bolts instead of the supplied 1/4" since I made the holes 5/16".

Anyway, the Hurst unit is nice unit, tight and finds the gears very well. Still a little play but not anything like the 179,000 mile original shifter. Job well done Brian.

Charlie
Old 05-25-2016, 07:35 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

There is an extra oval rubber grommet in the kit. If you need more, let me know and I'll send you some.

Originally Posted by Charlie Chops
I'm happy to report that I got the shifter from Brian, and got it installed without undue hassle. I did have to round up some cobalt tipped drill bits to drill out the rivets (man, they were hard) and weld a punch to an old drift to reach down to center-punch the rivets. Then i had to drop the exhaust because my big hands just wouldn't fit between the stock resonator and the sides of the tunnel. Planned on dropping it to do the exhaust anyway so that was a gimme. The only problem I had was fitting the Hurst lever grommet into the hole in the stock boot. Could not make it fit and ruined it (the grommet) in the process. I'll figure out something. I used 5/16" bolts instead of the supplied 1/4" since I made the holes 5/16".

Anyway, the Hurst unit is nice unit, tight and finds the gears very well. Still a little play but not anything like the 179,000 mile original shifter. Job well done Brian.

Charlie
Old 05-25-2016, 10:24 AM
Teching In

Thanks Brian,

I used one on the lower boot ok and ruined the other trying to get it to fit the stock upper boot hole. If you can send me another at your convenience I have a couple ideas on how to make it work.

Charlie

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
There is an extra oval rubber grommet in the kit. If you need more, let me know and I'll send you some.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:10 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Originally Posted by Charlie Chops
Thanks Brian,

I used one on the lower boot ok and ruined the other trying to get it to fit the stock upper boot hole. If you can send me another at your convenience I have a couple ideas on how to make it work.

Charlie
No problem, I'll get a couple right out to you. It basically takes three hands if you aren't used to doing it.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Thanks Brian,

I got it installed today. I like it. I really want to get my hands on a pro 5.0 stick and cut it down an inch like i did before. provides the best angle and length. DO you think they answer the phone, return messages or emails? NO

SO question then. It still does not like to find 5th all the time, seems sloppy on that side (bushing?) and it has a tendency to grind on occasion going into 3rd. any idea why?
Old 05-27-2016, 05:17 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Originally Posted by LA Invasion
Thanks Brian,

I got it installed today. I like it. I really want to get my hands on a pro 5.0 stick and cut it down an inch like i did before. provides the best angle and length. DO you think they answer the phone, return messages or emails? NO

SO question then. It still does not like to find 5th all the time, seems sloppy on that side (bushing?) and it has a tendency to grind on occasion going into 3rd. any idea why?
First thing I'd do is flush the clutch fluid with a quality high temp fluid. Then swap trans fluid to amsoil Torquedrive. After that, the trans would need pulled and the ball & socket joint and a bushing at the trans end of the center linkage rod, then internal trans.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Funds sent!
Old 06-02-2016, 02:38 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks Brian! I can't believe I didn't switch to this shifter a LONG TIME AGO!!! Any new V1 owners need to change their shifters now! Very easy job and detailed instructions...can't wait to go rip thru some gears this weekend
Old 06-11-2016, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got my shifter in the mail today, now only if it was 95+ and humid today, itching to get it installed, thanks Brian!
Old 06-11-2016, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Funds sent!
Old 06-18-2016, 11:06 AM

Paypal sent, looking forward to it. I am new to the V, is there any other bushings I should do while it is apart?
Old 06-25-2016, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Got mine installed today, put a new shift boot on as well, holy damn the difference that this shifter makes is absolutely insane. I remember reading the threads thinking "it cant make that much of a change" yea I am an idiot, it completely changes everything about the shift feel of the car, wish I would have done this a long time ago. If you are on the fence about getting this, jump off the fence and buy it!
Old 06-28-2016, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Got mine back from the shop today with the install done. Really is a night and day difference. Gone is the sloppiness of the stock shifter; the Hurst has waaaaaayyyy less play, much more precise, and the throw feels like it's 75% shorter (not sure what it actually is). Be aware though that the difference might be a bit jarring, it takes a little getting accustomed to compared to the stock one. It takes a noticeably larger amount of input to make shifts and it's not as smooth as the stock shifter as a result. Overall, very worthwhile and if you use the exposed metal stock it's a fun juxtaposition compared to the classy interior. Money well spent!
Old 06-30-2016, 06:58 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Originally Posted by MrStiggy
Got mine back from the shop today with the install done. Really is a night and day difference. Gone is the sloppiness of the stock shifter; the Hurst has waaaaaayyyy less play, much more precise, and the throw feels like it's 75% shorter (not sure what it actually is). Be aware though that the difference might be a bit jarring, it takes a little getting accustomed to compared to the stock one. It takes a noticeably larger amount of input to make shifts and it's not as smooth as the stock shifter as a result. Overall, very worthwhile and if you use the exposed metal stock it's a fun juxtaposition compared to the classy interior. Money well spent!

45% reduction in throw/leverage. Your installer may have tightened the bolt through the base a little too much making it harder than normal. If it doesn't loosen up in a week or so I'd ask them to make it not quite as tight and throw some loctite on it.

Quick Reply: Hurst shifter for the 2004-2007 CTS-V.