Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Hurst shifter for the 2004-2007 CTS-V.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about 04-07 Cadillac ctsv hurst short throw shifter

Hey Brian my names Jeremy, I just recently bought a 05 CTS-V. It has the stock shifter which I found is complete garbage. Been doing some research and I found out that you modify hurst shifters for gen V Camaro’s to fit the V1. But it seems it’s been a few years since you last posted something on this page. If you’re still modifying these and selling them please reply to me. I would be very interested! Thank you

- Jeremy
Old 04-20-2020, 10:44 AM

Default Ist gen shifter

Trying to contact Brian to see if still modifying shifters, went by pisnuoff I believe, any help appreciated
Old 04-20-2020, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Mayor
Trying to contact Brian to see if still modifying shifters, went by pisnuoff I believe, any help appreciated
He stopped end of February.

-Byron
Old 04-21-2020, 07:26 AM

Default 1st Gen V shifter

Originally Posted by Byron
He stopped end of Februar
-Byron
Thanks Byron, I guess I'll go to Creative Steel
Old 12-22-2020, 10:59 PM
Teching In

still avaiable ?
Old 03-05-2021, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
I can order kits with the black **** instead of the white **** if anyone would rather have the black.
Can I purchase on of these shifter I
kits? Are you still doing them
Old 08-19-2022, 01:46 AM

@07CTS-V hey Brian I came across your threads for the custom Hurst shifters you offer. Are you still producing these, if so how much and how do I place an order?

Ready to get rid of whatever shifter is on here from the previous owner.
Old 08-06-2024, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Default New cts v owner

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
The benefits of the Hurst are:

1. It is a FULL replacement shifter. So if your stock nylon pivot ball and/or your nylon bushings in the base are creating side to side or up and down play, this will eliminate ALL of that. The only play that will be left in your system is what is created by the linkage at the transmission end.

2. A Teflon coated spherical bushing designed for this type of application is used in place of the stock nylon pivot ball and nylon housing setup. This bushing does not require as service during it's entire life cycle. This means that no periodic greasing is needed, install and forget about it. The spherical pivot bushing is also replaceable if it ever wears.

3. The bushings in the base are a completely new design. Using six years of CTS-V shifter experience, I designed a new set of bushings to fit tighter, last longer and eliminate ALL of the play.

4. The Hurst kit comes with two stalks. The first one is the classic Hurst style exposed chrome stalk. This can be used with the white or black cue ball style **** that is included or any of the other multiple Hurst ***** available. The second supplied stalk is designed for use with the stock gen5 Camaro or G8 ****. The stock V boot does not adapt to the Camaro or G8 *****, however, I have developed a method to modify the second stalk to accept the stock V ****. I will have to ask that you send me your stock shifter after you swap it out for the modified 2nd stalk. I can also adapt any threads you desire to the top of the second modified stalk. Just ask, I can do it all.

5. The kit includes dynamat and rubber vibration isolation pieces. The dynamat is included if you you experience noise transmitted through your Hurst shifter. Of the shifters I have modified and shipped, I have not had any comments as to excessive noise from their shifters and I don't think anyone has used the Dynamat. The supplied rubber isolators go between the bottom portion and the upper stalk that the **** attaches to. I also recommend zip tieing the inner rubber boot to the lower stalk. This creates a barrier so the noise and vibration doesn't travel into the cabin.

6. The stalk is easily changed out. If you get bored with the exposed chrome stalk and cue ball style **** simply unbolt the two bolts and swap it out. This is all done through the center console.

7. The bottom of the shifter is raised an additional 3/16" from my modified stock shifter. This means there shouldn't be even a remote chance I hitting the driveshaft with any aftermarket trans mount, motor mounts or driveshaft combination.

8. Satisfaction guaranteed. As with my other shifters, I offer a lifetime guarantee. If you aren't completely satisfied I will work my best to make it right, up to and including full money back.

The standard cost is $300 shipped to your door. Payment is preferred through Paypal, my address is br_1868@hotmail.com. If you would like the secondary stalk modified to accept the stock V **** I only require that you send me your stock shifter after you swap it out. I try to keep these in stock but if I run out the wait time will be less than a week.

As of March 1, 2016 the price will increase to $300 shipped. This is due to Hurst raising their price twice over the past two years and postage has also nearly doubled since I started selling these.

A picture of the supplied kit.

Attachment 607454

Picture after installation.

Attachment 607455

Attachment 607456

A short video courtesy of Ryridesmotox

hurstSTS - YouTube
Hello my name is Rob, new to this forum, and new cts v owner.
just picked up an 05 , 174k miles, I'm in need of a shifter and bushings. Are these Hurst setups still available?
thanks in advance
Rob
Old 08-07-2024, 12:28 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Welcome to the community. I'm not sure if this is still available or not, but I would check out Creative Steel. They have some great products and a great shifter.

Chris
The following users liked this post:
Drrob (08-07-2024)
Old 08-07-2024, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Vcaddy71
Welcome to the community. I'm not sure if this is still available or not, but I would check out Creative Steel. They have some great products and a great shifter.

Chris
thank you,
I guess if the Hurst setup is no longer available, then I'll have to check other sources,,, seems to be few options for gen1 v's

Quick Reply: Hurst shifter for the 2004-2007 CTS-V.